Kenneth Jacob Dilanian Jr. popularly known as Ken Dilanian is an American journalist. Dilanian currently works for NBC News as the National Security correspondent in its Investigative Unit. He is best known for covering Iraq as a foreign correspondent embedding with U.S. troops. He previously worked as a print investigative reporter for the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, and the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Dilanian made headlines in November 2020 after he made profanity live on air. He later issued an apology.
He has over 201k followers on Twitter.
What is Ken Dilanian Famous For?
- Won the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism in 2007.
Where is Ken Dilanian From?
Ken Dilanian was born on 13 May 1968. His birth name is Kenneth Jacob Dilanian Jr. His birth place is in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He belongs to the Caucasian-White ethnicity. He was born to a father, Kenneth Sr., and a mother, Barbara. He has a younger sister named Jane Dilanian.
Regarding his educational background, he attended East Longmeadow High School. After graduating from high school, he attended Williams College. He graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in political science and history in 1991.
Ken Dilanian Career
- Dilanian started his journalism career working as a local reporter in Philadelphia Inquirer.
- He worked at USA Today from 2007 to 2010. He covered foreign policy and Congress while working at USA Today.
- He also worked as an investigative officer and State Department correspondent and Congressional correspondent for USA Today.
- He also served as the National Security Correspondent for the Los Angeles Times.
- He worked for Los Angeles Times from 2010 to 2014.
- He also worked as a writer.
- He joined Forth Worth star and San Antonio Express-News.
- He worked with San Antonio Express-News for around 3 years before returning to Philadelphia Inquirer.
- He gained attention after he covered the news of Philadelphia’s child welfare system.
- For covering Philadelphia’s child welfare system, he was awarded the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism in 2007.
- He gained further attention after he covered the news regarding the war in Iraq.
- He is currently associated with one of the popular news channels, NBC News. He joined the Network
- He works as Intelligence and National Security off-air reporter in their investigative unit.
- He made headlines in November 2020 after he made profanity live on air. He was going on air to a segment on the Trump administration’s refusal to work on the presidential transition with Joe Biden’s team.
- He did not realize that he was on air when he uttered two words, “Oh, sh*t, F*ck”. He later returned on air and apologized, “I was to apologize to viewers who may have heard me use profanity at the top of the last hit. What we’re learning today is the potential impact of the resistance of the Trump administration to acknowledge the Biden win in the intelligence arena specifically.”
- He later apologized via Twitter, “So sorry for the profanity I used on-air last hour. I was experiencing some technical difficulties and mistakenly hung up on the control room, though my mic still was on. Perils of playing producer, cameraman and tech support all at the same time from home. #2020”
Ken Dilanian Wife
Ken Dilanian is a married man. He is a family man. He is married to Catherine Yoon. The couple got married in May 2003. The couple shares two children together. Both of their kids are sons. More details about his personal life will be updated soon.
Ken Dilanian Height
Ken Dilanian stands at an average height of 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of 95 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Ken Dilanian Net Worth
Ken Dilanian is one of the popular names in the journalism industry. Through his journalism career, he has amassed a fortune. He makes quite a salary annually. At present, his net worth is estimated at $1.5 million.