Kenneth McKerrow Logan, professionally known as Kenny Logan is a retired Scottish rugby union player. He is well recognized after he played wing for Stirling County RFC and Glasgow District at the amateur level; Glasgow Warriors, Wasps RFC, and London Scottish at a professional level; and Scotland at the international level. He previously used sports as a way to escape childhood dyslexia. He also gained fame by winning three English Premierships with Wasps RFC; and one Scottish Premiership title with Stirling County RFC in 1995, just before the game turned professional. Logan had football trials as a goalkeeper for Dundee United and Hearts as a schoolboy. He left school at sixteen and started his rugby career with his hometown club Stirling County, making his senior debut at 17. Additionally, Logan retired from the international rugby union after the 2003 World Cup.
Kenny Logan Famous For
- He is a retired Scottish rugby union player.
- He won three English Premierships with Wasps RFC; and one Scottish Premiership title with Stirling County RFC in 1995.
Where was Kenny Logan born?
Kenny Logan opened his eyes for the very first time on 3rd April 1972 in Stirling, Scotland. He was born with the real name of Kenneth McKerrow Logan in a Christian religious family. He is Scottish by nationality and Scottish-white by ethnicity. Kenny’s present age is 50 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Aries. Thus, his race is white. His family’s details have not been disclosed yet.
Regarding Kenny’s education, he attended Wallace High School but left without sitting for his final exams.
Kenny Logan’s Career (Rugby)
- Kenny Logan started his rugby career playing for the amateur provincial side Glasgow District after which his professional era began in 1996 and the side became Glasgow Rugby.
- He then played for the new professional team in the three matches of the 1996-1997 Scottish Inter-District Championship as well as 2 matches in that season’s European Challenge Cup.
- Logan has the distinction of being given Glasgow Warrior No. 15 for the provincial side as the Full Back named for Warrior’s first match as a professional team against Newbridge in the European Challenge Cup
- He later joined Wasps for his first season in English rugby in 1997 and was with Wasps for seven seasons.
- He helped them win the Anglo-Welsh Cup in 1999 and 2000 and was a replacement in 1999 final but started and scored a try and a conversion in 2000.
- As well, Kenny helped Wasps win the 2002-2003 Premiership Final and in 2004, he apparently re-signed for Glasgow before joining London Scottish after a season. Kenny retired from playing in 2005.
- Kenny Logan played for Scotland A and made his Scotland debut in 1992 against Australia at the age of 20.
- At the 1994 Five Nations Championship, he was in and out of the side before cementing a position in the starting XV.
- He also played in the 2003 World Cup and won 70 caps over an 11-year period, scoring 20 tries in the process.
- Later he retired from the international rugby union after the 2003 World Cup.
Awards and Achievements
- Scottish Premiership: 1994-1995
- Anglo-Welsh Cup: 1998-1999, 1999-2000
- English Premiership: 1996-1997, 2002-2003
Who is Kenny Logan married to?
Kenny Logan is a married guy as he exchanged vows with television presenter Gabby Yorath. The pair live in Kew, South West London. After undergoing IVF treatment they had twins, who were born on 28th July 2005. Kenny and Gabby both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. Kenny previously dated newsreader Kirsty Young and moved to London, before the couple separated in 1999 after three years. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Furthermore, Kenny and his wife took part in the fifth series of the BBC celebrity dancing program “Strictly Come Dancing” where Logan was partnered with Ola and Gabby was partnered with James Jordan. He ended in 5th place and Gabby finished in 12th place. As well, he and his wife are past presidents of the children’s charity Sparks in 2009, Logan and Sparks joined forces to organize an annual mass-participation event entitled Logan’s Challenge.
What is the Net Worth of Kenny Logan?
Kenny Logan has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a considerable amount of salary which is also around thousands of dollars per year. He has the access to all the world’s luxury and comfort. Kenny couldn’t have been more thankful to god for what he’s blessed with. He has gained a fine amount of money from his profession as his major source of income is his rugby-playing career.
How tall is Kenny Logan?
Kenny Logan is 6 feet 2 inches tall and his body weighs around 94 kg. He has attractive light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His body build type is athletic. In addition, Logan was diagnosed with dyslexia as a child and found solace in playing sports. Recently in 2022, he had also his prostate removed to prevent the spread of cancer.
Leave a Reply