Kevin Kilbane is an Irish former professional footballer and soccer analyst. He has won 110 caps for the Republic of Ireland national team before his retirement. Currently, He works as an analyst for Virgin Media Television (Ireland), BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Match of the Day, Football Focus, Final Score and Ireland’s Newstalk Radio Off The Ball Football Show. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Kevin Kilbane famous for?
- An Irish former professional footballer for the Republic of Ireland national team who played as both a left-back and a left-winger.
- A soccer analyst for various TV and radio shows in Ireland and England.
Where was Kevin Kilbane born?
Recalling his early life, Kevin was born in Preston, Lancashire, England. He was born to Patrick Farrell Kilbane and Elsie Kilbane in the year 1977 as Kevin Daniel Kilbane. He has a brother as well whose name is Farrell Kilbane. He mostly lives and moves forth-back between Dublin, Ireland and Manchester, England.
Similarly, His nationality is Irish and belongs to White ethnicity. Further, His birth sign is Aquarius but his religion is not yet known. For education, he obtained a degree in Professional Sports Writing and Broadcasting at Staffordshire University.
When did Kevin Kibane begin his sports career?
- Moving towards his career, Kevin made his professional debut at his hometown club, Preston North End in 1995. His performances began to attract attention from other clubs, and he was sold to West Bromwich Albion for a fee of £1 million in 1997.
- In December 1999, Peter Reid’s Sunderland paid £2.5 million for the left-winger where he couldn’t shine as from previous on. He moved to Everton for just under £1 million in 2003 where he displayed great versatility in three positions as the midfield, at left-back or even as a support striker, and left-wing.
- On 31st August 2006, He signed a three-year deal with Wigan Athletic for an estimated fee of £2 million where he scored his first goal for Wigan Athletic with a powerful header in the 3–3 draw against Tottenham Hotspur on 15th April 2007.
- He was transferred to Hull City on 15th January 2009 where he joined Football League One side Huddersfield Town on loan on 01st January 2011. He signed for the club the same month. He then helped the team to a club-record 26 league games unbeaten.
- On 02nd July 2012, He joined Coventry City on an initial one-year deal. On his debut against Dagenham & Redbridge in the League Cup on 14th August 2012, he scored a late winner from the penalty spot.
- On 16th August 2012, He was named captain for the 2012-13 Coventry City’s season. He made his final professional appearance as a substitute in a 2-1 defeat at Brentford on 24th October 2012 before announcing his immediate retirement on 08th December 2012.
What is Kevin Kilbane doing now?
- Towards the end of his career, Kevin concentrated on forging a media career. He was enlisted by RTÉ Sport for their squad of pundits ahead of the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. From 2012 he has been a studio analyst for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League coverage on TV3 and 3e in Ireland and is also a regular on Setanta Sports.
- On 07th April 2013, he made his first appearance as a studio pundit on the BBC One’s Match of the Day 2. On 09th May 2013, he made his first appearance on the Guardian Football Weekly Extra podcast.
- In 2014, He was part of the commentary team for the BBC at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- Since August 2016, He has had the role of co-presenter on the Off the Ball show on Newstalk radio in Ireland. He also provides commentary for the station’s Premier League coverage till dates.
Who is Kevin Kilbane married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kevin is married to Laura after dating four years together but they split after 12 years in 2011. The couple has two daughters together, Elsie and Isla.
In February 2020, he became engaged to Dancing on Ice professional figure skater Brianne Delcourt after being partners in the twelfth series of the show. The couple began dating in December 2019 and announced their engagement news via Instagram on Wednesday, February 5, 2020, with a short video clip of the moment. Brianne has a daughter, Gracia Isabella, from another relationship before. The couple is living happily as of now.
How much is Kevin Kilbane worth?
Being a renowned Irish football player and current sports analyst, Kevin must earn an impressive amount of money and popularity in the field of the sports industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to $6.3 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed. Further information regarding his other assets like cars, houses and businesses are currently under review.
What is Kevin Kilbane height?
Observing his body statistics, Kevin stands a height of 6 feet 3⁄64 inches and weighs around 82 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with black hair and brown eyes. Further information regarding his other body measurements is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclsoed, we will let you know.