Kiana Lede is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and pianist. She rose to prominence after winning the “2011 KIDZ Star USA” competition. She is known as a soul and R&B singer. She has released several singles, and EPs such as “Soulfood Sessions”, “Christmas by Lede”, “Myself”, “I Choose You”, “one of Them Days”, and “Fairplay” etc. Her debut album “Kiki” was released on April 3, 2020. She is also known for playing the role of Zoe Vaughn on season 2 of the MTV horror series, “Scream”, and the role of Veronica Washington on the Netflix series, “All About the Washingtons”.
She has over 877k followers on Instagram @kianalede and over 180.5k followers on Twitter @KianaLede. She has around 329k followers on her Facebook page @KianaLede. She also has a self-titled YouTube channel which has around 1.23 million subscribers.
What is Kiana Lede famous for?
- Famous as a soul and R&B singer.
- Playing the role of Zoe Vaughn on season 2 of the MTV horror series, “Scream”.
- Her role “Veronica Washington” on the Netflix series, “All About the Washingtons”.
Where was Kiana Lede born?
Kiana Lede was born on April 3, 1997, on the outskirts of Phoenix, Arizona, the United States. Her birth name is Kiana Lede Brown. She is also known by her nickname Kiki. She is the daughter of Michael Brown (father) and Shakira Matherly (mother). She has two siblings, a younger brother named Mike Woods and a younger sister but her name is not known. Her nationality is American and she belongs to Multiracial (Black, White, and Hispanic) ethnicity. She is of African American and Indigenous American descent from her father’s side, while she is of Mexican, European, and Indigenous American descent from her mother’s side. Her birth sign is Aries.
Concerning her education, she attended Mountain Pointe High School.
Kiana Lede’s Career Highlights
- Kiana Lede has an interest in music during her childhood. At age of three, she was gifted her first Karaoke machine. She also can play the piano and guitar.
- Soon, she started took professional piano classes and voice lessons. She also used to regularly perform in school plays and beauty pageants at that time.
- In 2011, Lede’s mother discovered Kidz Bop a website for kids to upload and share videos of themselves performing called, “Kidz Bop” where she uploaded a video of Lede performing an original number on the piano which was selected as a finalist.
- Then, Lede won Kidz Bop’s “2011 Kidz Star USA” talent competition and secure a recording contract with RCA Records. She also earned a starring role in the Kidz Bop 21 music video and commercial.
- Her first recorded song was, “Do the Mermaid”, which was featured in an animated film called Barbie in A Mermaid Tale 2 (2012).
- On June 19, 2012, Kiana released her debut single called Hey Chica, an upbeat track, which is dedicated to women empowerment and encourages young women to feel beautiful in their own skin. The track was an instant hit and she became a star. She was also named cover girl for Miss Moxie’s Holiday 2012 issue.
- She performed the song on NBC’s “The Today Show” and at the “86th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade”.
- In December 2015, Kiana released her debut EP called “Soulfood Sessions” under the music label Orange Factory Music.
- On December 12, 2016, she released her second EP, “Christmas by Lede”. The same year, she also released the none album single, “Home for Christmas”.
- In the following year, she released singles, “I Choose You”, “one of Them Days”, and “Fairplay”.
- On July 12, 2018, her third EP, “Selfless”, was supported by the singles EX and a remix of Fairplay featuring ASAP Ferg. The single “Fairplay” from the album ‘Selfless’ in Kiana’s original composition and its video was shot in New Orleans.
- The official video for “Ex” has been viewed more than 47 million times on her YouTube channel and it was peaked at number 6 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart, at number 9 on the Hot R&B Songs Chart, and at number 44 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart. It has earned platinum status from the RIAA as of June 2020.
- She was featured on the promotional single “Big Spender” for the film “Fifty Shades Freed” in 2018.
- Her fourth EP, “Myself” was released on June 7, 2019, by The Heavy Group and Republic. It included singles “Can I” and “Bouncin”. The single “Bouncin” featured rapper Offset, which peaked within the top 30 of Billboard’s rhythmic airplay chart.
- Her debut album titled “Kiki” was released on April 3, 2020, which includes singles such as “Mad At Me”, “Forfeit”, “Chocolate”, “Only Fan”, and many more. It debuted at number 30 on the Billboard 200 to positive reviews. The album features guest appearances from R&B stars Ari Lennox, 6LACK, and more.
- Besides her singing career, Kiana has a successful acting career. She appeared as herself in the TV show “Temporary Dreams” on Vimeo in 2006.
- The same year, she made her film debut the role of Evacuee/Zombie in the film “Deadlands: The Rising”.
- She made a guest appearance as Riley on two episodes “The Pictures” and “The Secrets” of the American teen drama web series “Guidance” in 2015.
- She also appeared in various characters in the TV series “Beach” in the year 2015 and 2016.
- Kiana appeared in her breakout role as Zoe Vaughn on season 2 of the MTV horror series, “Scream” in 2016.
- In 2018, she portrayed the character of Veronica Washington on the Netflix series, “All About the Washingtons”.
- The same year, she also voiced for the character Greenwood in the computer-animated science fiction action film, “NextGen”. The film was based on the online Chinese comic 7723 by Wang Nima.
Kiana Lede’s Boyfriend
Kiana Lede is unmarried and also not dating anyone. However, she was in a relationship with YouTube Star, Luke Brooks previously. The couple started dating around April of 2014. They were together for almost 5 years before splitting but the reason behind their separation was unknown.
Kiana Lede’s Height and Weight
Kiana Lede is a very gorgeous lady with an attractive appearance. Her body type is slim. She stands at a perfect height of 1.57m (5 feet and 2 inches) tall which perfectly matches her body weight of 54kg (119 lbs.). She has a pair of hazel green eyes and her hair color is dark brown. She wears multiple nose rings. She has many tattoos on her body. She has a tattoo of lotus near her right ear, the Roman numbers XII XVII and a honey dipper tattoos are on her left arm and she has also inked on the right side ribs, arm, and on the right middle finger. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Kiana Lede’s Net Worth
Having multiple professions such as singer, songwriter, pianist, and actress, Kiana Lede is making a good fortune. The majority of her income comes from her acting and singing career. She has a net worth of around $1 million as of 2021.
Currently, she resides in Los Angeles, California, the United States.