Kristen Wiig is an actress, comedian, writer, and producer who became popular for her stints on the NBC sketch comedy series, Saturday Night Live. Her acting career went many notches higher after she starred in the blockbuster movie, Bridesmaids. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Kristen Wiig famous for?
- An American actress, comedian, writer, and producer.
- Her work on the NBC sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (2005 – 12), and films such as Bridesmaids, The Martian, and Ghostbusters.
Where is Kristen Wiig from?
Recalling her early life, Kristen Wiig was born in Canandaigua, New York, the United States to the parents Jon J. Wiig and Laurie J. Johnston in the year of 1973. She has a sibling namely Erik Wiig. She belongs to American and mix (English- Norwegian- Irish- Scottish- Dutch) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Leo.
Where is Kristen Wiig go for education?
For education, Wiig attended Nitrauer Elementary School. Then, she attended Allendale Columbia School. Similarly, she attended Brighton High School. Finally, she graduated from the University of Arizona.
How Kristen Wiig become an actress?
- In the initial days, Wiig did odd jobs like selling fruits, folding clothes, catering, etc. to support herself. A co-worker took her to the auditions of The Groundling, a sketch comedy theatre where she got selected. She began working at The Groundlings and also used to perform at the Empty Stage Comedy Theatre.
- In 2003, she appeared in The Joe Schmo Show a satire of reality television on Spike TV. During her stint at The Groundlings, her manager supported her to audition for Saturday Night Live – a live TV sketch comedy show. She was inducted during the 31st season of the Saturday Night Live show, in the year 2005.
- In 2006, She made her debut in films with Unaccompanied Minors. The following year she made appearances in movies such as Knocked Up, Walk Hard and so on.
- In 2008, she got minor roles in movies like Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pretty Bird, and Ghost Promo. In 2009, she did support roles in Drew Barrymore’s directional debut film Whip It and Adventureland. The same year she also gave voice in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.
- In 2010, she lent her voice for animated films Despicable Me and How to Train Your Dragon along with appearing in other feature films that include All Good Things and MacGruber.
- In 2011, she got her major break in the movies. She played her first lead role in the movie Paul. The same year she starred in Bridesmaids; a movie that she co-wrote with Annie Mumolo for Universal Pictures. The movie went on to gain box office success as well as critical acclaim.
- In 2012, She made her final appearance as a cast member in Saturday Night Live during its 37th season. She later hosted the show once in 2013 and appeared on the show as a guest in October 2014.
- Her other movie appearances include Friends with Kids (2012), Revenge for Jolly (2012), Girl Most Likely (2013), The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013), The Skeleton Twins (2014), The Diary of a Teenage Girl (2014), The Martian (2015), Nasty Baby (2015) and so on.
- Her upcoming projects include Ghostbusters, Zoolander 2 and Sausage Party that is proposed to be released in 2016.
- In 2017, Wiig provided her voice for Despicable Me 3, and briefly appeared in the films Mother!, directed by Darren Aronofsky, and Downsizing, reuniting with Damon.
- She also stars in Wonder Woman 1984, set to be released in 2020, as the villain the Cheetah. She will also be starring alongside Annie Mumolo in Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar, which she co-wrote, for Lionsgate.
Who is Kristen Wiig married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Wiig is a married woman. She got married to Hayes Hargrove in 2005. But the marriage didn’t go well so they decided to divorce in 2009.
After divorce, she began dating Fabrizio Moretti, an Italian-Brazillian musician, and drummer for the American indie rock band, The Strokes. They dated for a year and separated in 2013.
Then in 2016, She announced actor Avi Rothman as her boyfriend. As of now, the couple has been together for nearly four years. They can be seen vacationing in different exotic places. However, the lovebirds didn’t marry yet but engaged in 2019. The couple hasn’t announced anything about their upcoming marriage. Currently, they don’t share any kids.
What is Kristen Wiig’s net worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Wiig earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession as an actress and comedian. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $20 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Kristen Wiig?
Observing her body physics, Wiig sands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 56 Kg. Similarly, she has a measurement of 35-26-36 inches respectively. Further, her hair color is dark brown and her eye color is grayish-blue. Likewise, her shoe size is 8 (US) and her dress size is 6 (US).