Kym Marsh is an English actress, presenter, and former singer. She is best known for playing the character of Michelle Connor in Coronation Street. She was honored with several awards and nominations including National Television Award, The British Soap Award, and TRIC Awards for Coronation Street.
Also, her wax figure has been added to the gallery of Madame Tussauds Blackpool.
She is active in social media sites with over 438k followers on her Instagram: @ marsh_kym and with over 775k followers on her Twitter: @msm4rsh.
What is Kym Marsh famous for?
- Her role as Michelle Connor in Coronation Street.
Where was Kym Marsh born?
Kym Marsh was born on June 13, 1976, in Whiston, Merseyside, England. Her birth name is Kimberley Gail Marsh. She was born to father, David Marsh, and mother, Pauline Marsh. She has two brothers, David Marsh and John Marsh, and a sister, Tracey Marsh. She holds English nationality. Her ethnicity is White and zodiac sign is Gemini.
Regarding her education, she attended the Elliot Clarke Stage School in Liverpool.
Kym Marsh’s Career Highlights
- Kym Marsh started her career as a singer and provided vocals for artists including Matt Darey, the group Freaky Realistic and Hemstock & Jennings.
- In 2000, she auditioned for the ITV talent show Popstars and she was chosen as one of the five singers for the newly formed band Hear’Say, along with Danny Foster, Myleene Klass, Suzanne Shaw, and Noel Sullivan.
- In March 2001, the group, “Hear’Say” released their first single “Pure and Simple” which peaked at number 1 on the UK Singles Chart.
- In June 2001, the group released their second single, “The Way to Your Love,” which became their second consecutive number 1 single.
- In January 2002, Kym Marsh announced that she was leaving Hear’Say, and then she began a solo career.
- In 2003, Kym released her debut studio album “Standing Tall” and her first single, “Cry”, reached number 2, and her second single, “Come on Over,” reached number 10 in the UK Singles Chart.
- In 2005, she made her television acting debut by appearing in an episode of the BBC One soap opera “Doctors” as Ruth Parry. In the same year, she became a regular panelist on ITV’s daytime show “Loose Women” for its eighth season.
- In 2006, she appeared on Channel 4’s soap opera “Hollyoaks: In the City” where she portrayed prostitute Kay Price. She also starred in “Holby City” and “Making Your Mind Up 2006” in the same year.
- In April 2006, she joined the cast of Coronation Street for the role of Michelle Connor. For her role as Michelle Connor, she has received several awards including ‘2007 British Soap Awards’ and ‘2007 National Television Awards’.
- On 14 December 2008, she appeared as a presenter on The X Factor final.
- In January 2010, she appeared in the first series of “Popstar to Operastar” as a contestant.
- In2014, she appeared in a British television quiz show “The Chase” which broadcasts on ITV.
- In 2020, she appeared as a Guest co-presenter in a British television chat show “The One Show”.
Kym Marsh’s Awards
- In 2007, Kym Marsh won the “British Soap Awards” under the category of Best Newcomer for Coronation Street. She also won “TV Choice and TV Quick Awards”, “TV Now Awards” and “National Television Awards” for Coronation Street.
- In 2008, she received “Daily Star Awards” under the category of Best Actress for Coronation Street. She has also received “Inside Soap Awards” under the category of Best Dressed Soap Star, “TRIC Awards” under the category of TV Soap Personality and “TV Now Awards” under the category of Favourite Female Soap Star for Coronation Street.
- In 2017, she achieved “British Soap Awards” under the category of Best Female Dramatic Performance and “RTS North West Awards” under the category of Best Performance in a Continuing Drama for Coronation Street.
- She has also achieved several nominations for TV series Coronation Street.
- She received “Tesco Magazine’s Mum of the Year Award” in 2008.
- In 2015, she received “Rear of the Year Award”.
- In 2017, her wax figure was added to the gallery of Madame Tussauds Blackpool.
Kym Marsh’s Married Life
Kym Marsh has been married twice but divorced each time. Currently, she is in a relationship with Army Major Scott Ratcliff. The couple has been dating since July 2018, three months after she split from personal trainer Matt Baker. She began dating Matt Baker in 2015.
Kym Marsh has a son David Cunliffe born in 1995 and a daughter Emilie Cunliffe born in 1997 from her previous relationship with Dave Cunliffe. The couple started dating in 1994 but eventually split up in 1999.
On August 10, 2002, she married actor Jack Ryder in St Alban’s parish church, Hertford. The couple had separated in March 2008 and their divorce was finalized on 12th August 2009.
In July 2008, she began dating actor Jamie Lomas. She gave birth to a son Archie Jay Lomas but died just minutes after being born on February 11, 2009. The couple welcomed a baby girl, Polly Lomas on March 23, 2011. On September 2, 2012, they got married but Kym filed for divorce citing unreasonable behavior in 2013 and their divorce was finalized on 10 January 2014.
Kym Marsh’s Body Measurements
Kym Marsh is a beautiful lady with Hourglass body shape. She stands a height of 1.63 m (5 feet and 4 inches) tall and her body weight is around 65 kg (143 lbs.). Her body measurements are 38-27-37 inches. She wears a bra size of 34D and a shoe size of 8 (US) or 38 (EU). Her dress size is 10 (US) or 40 (EU). She has a fair skin tone with Black hair and Green eyes. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
Kym Marsh’s Net Worth
Kym Marsh has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and TV presenter. She has also made some worth from her singing career. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated to be $6 million.