Lan Marie Nguyen Berg is a Norwegian politician who is professionally known as Lan Marie Berg. She comes to light for currently serving as a member of the Storting where she represents the Green Party. Her political party is known as Green Party. Lan also served as Oslo City Commissioner for transport and the environment from 2015 to 2021, when she resigned following a confidence vote. She was first elected to the Oslo city council in the 2015 Norwegian local elections. Berg announced in February 2021 that she intended to create a zero-emissions zone within the city where petrol and diesel cars would be prohibited. Additionally, she is also active in social media as she has earned more than 13.2K followers on her Instagram account and over 14.5K followers on her Twitter account.
Lan Marie Berg Famous For
Where is Lan Marie Berg from?
Lan Marie Berg stepped for the very first time into the world on 4th March 1987 in Oslo, Norway. Her real name is Lan Marie Nguyen Berg and her nationality is Norwegian. Similarly, she came from Norwegian-white ethnic background. She follows the Christian religion and her race is white. Lan’s present age is 35 which she celebrated recently in 2022 and as per her birthdate, her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her father’s name is Khanh Thanh Nguyena and her mother’s name is Mari Ann Berg who is a local politician for the Socialist Left Party in Oppegard.
Talking about Lan’s education, she has earned a master’s degree from the Center for Development and the Environment at the University of Oslo. She wrote her master’s thesis on the use of solar power in a Kenyan village.
Lan Marie Berg Political Career
- Lan Marie Berg conceived her career by joining the environmental organization Spire in 2009 and worked for the Oslo Mela Festival.
- She then became a part of an environmental blog collective called “Gronne jenter”.
- In 2015, she was first elected to the Oslo city council in the Norwegian local elections, after being nominated as the first candidate for the Green Party in Oslo in September 2014.
- Later she was appointed city commissioner for transport and the environment in Raymond Johansen’s cabinet following the 2015 local elections.
- As well, she was again nominated as the Green Party Oslo’s first candidate in the 2019 Norwegian local elections. Lan received the most votes of all candidates in the party.
- From 2nd January to 3rd August 2020, she was on parental leave and her duties as city commissioner were covered by the party’s deputy leader, Arild Hermestad.
- But, the Progress Party and the People’s Action No to More Road Toll’s party submitted a motion of no-confidence against Berg for violations of the Working Environment Act in 2013 and withholding information from the city council in 2020. The motion did not pass.
- Lan announced in February 2021 that she intended to create a zero-emissions zone within the city where petrol and diesel cars would be prohibited.
- Besides, the Oslo Police announced in May 2021 that they would be investigating a number of threats made against Lan online after she had made a Facebook post expressing solidarity with Gaza during the 2021 Israel-Palestine crisis.
- The Oslo City Council passed a motion of no-confidence against her in June 2021 over a controversy concerning the budget of the under-construction new water supply for the city.
- Berg stayed on in an interim capacity until governing mayor Raymond Johansen was given the task to form a new council cabinet.
- Badly, she resigned on 18th June of the following year and was replaced by Hanna Marcussen in an acting capacity. Her permanent successor was Sirin Helvin Stav.
Who is Lan Marie Berg’s Husband?
Lan Marie Berg is a married woman as she tied a knot with her handsome husband Eivind Traedal who is also an Oslo politician for MDG. The pair got married in 2018. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get divorced. She has not clearly disclosed her children however looking at her social media, she has one child a daughter whose details have not been revealed yet. Reflecting Lan’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Lan Marie Berg’s net worth?
Lan Marie Berg is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been unfolded yet. Lan has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. In addition, her major source of income is her political career and she is sincere in her work.
How tall is Lan Marie Berg?
Lan Marie Berg is a beautiful woman who has a great personality. She had the perfect body combined with good looks and she could carry off any look with great simplicity. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Besides, her body build type is slim.