Laura Muir, a versatile British and Scottish middle- and long-distance runner is well recognized for being a 1500 meters 2020 Tokyo Olympics silver medallist. She was seventh in the event at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Muir won a gold medal at the 2018 European championships in the 1500 meters as well as she won two gold medals at the 2017 European Indoor championships in the 1500m and 3000m and in the 2019 European Indoor championships again she won two gold medals in 1500m and 3000m respectively. Moreover, she first broke the British record in the 1500m in July 2016, before improving it to 3:55.22 a month later. As well, she took the Silver Medal in the 1500 meters at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, in a new British record time, behind Faith Kipyegon of Kenya.
- Being a British and Scottish middle- and long-distance runner.
- For being a 1500 meters 2020 Tokyo Olympics silver medalist.
Where is Laura Muir from?
Laura Muir opened her eyes for the very first time on 9th May 1993 in Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom. She holds British nationality and British-white ethnicity. Her religious belief is in the Christian religion. Laura has celebrated her 28th birthday recently in 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Taurus. Thusly, her race is white. Her parent’s details have not been revealed yet however we know that she has a brother named Rory Muir who is two years younger than her.
Talking about Laura’s education, she attended Kinross High Schoo. Later she studied veterinary medicine at the University of Glasgow where one of her lecturers was a veterinary pathologist, distance runner, and teammate at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Hayley Haining.
What does Laura Muir do for a living?
- Laura Muir kicks off her career-making international debut in the 2011 European Cross-Country Championships when she was part of the Great Britain junior women’s team that won gold. She was a nominee in the “Daily Record” Young Athlete of the Year awards at the end of the year.
- Then she represented Great Britain in the 800 meters at the 2013 World Championships in Athletics as she reached the semi-finals with a personal best time of 2:00.83.
- She ran 4:00.07 in the 1500 meters, to break Yvonne Murray’s 27-year-old Scottish record at the 2014 Diamond League event in Paris and at the 2016 Diamond League event at the Olympic Park in London on 22nd July she ran 3:57.49 for 1500 meters to break Kelly Holmes’ British record.
- Laura lowered her Personal Best and the National 1500m record to 3:55.22 on 27th August 2016, at the Paris Diamond League meet whereas she also became only the third British woman to win a Diamond League title as she won the 1500m title in Zurich.
- On 18th February 2017, she broke the previous British 1000m record held by Kelly Holmes at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix, 2:31.93 as well as she broke the British Indoor 5000m record on 4th January, 14.49.12.
- She took gold in the 1500 meters at the 2017 European Athletics Indoor Championships in Belgrade, breaking Doina Melinte’s 32-year old championship record along the way, and followed it up by taking a second title in the 3000 meters with another championship record the next day.
- As well, she finished fourth in the 1500m and sixth in the 5000m at the 2017 World Championships in London whereas she announced that she would miss the 2018 Commonwealth Games in April in order to focus on her veterinary medicine exams.
- Muir did compete in March 2018 at the World Indoor Championships in Birmingham, where she won a bronze medal in the 3000m as well as she won the 1500 meters title at the 2018 European Championships in Berlin in August of 2018 and became the first British woman ever to win the European 1500m title.
- Muir took gold in the 3000 meters at the 2019 European Athletics Indoor Championships, with another championship record, and the 1500 meters, repeating her achievements in 2017.
- Also, she took the Silver Medal in the 1500 meters at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, in a new British record time, behind Faith Kipyegon of Kenya.
Awards and Achievements
- Diamond League winner (1500 m): 2016
- Diamond League champion (1500 m): 2018
- 2015 (1) (1500 m): Oslo Bislett Games
- 2016 (2) (1500 m): London Anniversary Games, Paris Meeting
- 2018 (1) (1000 m): Birmingham British Grand Prix; (1) (1500 m): Brussels Memorial Van Damme
- 2019 (2) (1500 m): Stockholm Bauhaus-Galan, London Anniversary Games
- 2020 (1) (1500 m): Stockholm Bauhaus-Galan
- 2021 (1) (1500 m): Gateshead British Grand Prix; (1) (800 m) Monaco Herculis
Who is Laura Muir Dating?
Laura Muir is an unmarried lady. She is also not dating anyone. She is presently focusing on her career as she has been recently gained fame and a major title. Muir would update about her relationship on her social media to her fans who are eagerly waiting to know whom would the beautiful lady choose as her better half. Regarding her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Laura Muir Net Worth?
Laura Muir has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas she has also a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Laura has not endorsed any brands yet. In addition, her major source of income is from her long-distance running career.
What is the Height of Laura Muir?
Laura Muir is a beautiful lady who has a perfect height of 5 ft 4 in (163 cm) with an athletic body build. She has dark brown hair and eyes color. Laura’s body weighs around 108 lb (49 kg) whereas her different body measures have not been disclosed yet.