An American fashion designer and TV personality, Leah McSweeney is best known as the founder of the female fashion line, Married to the Mob (MTTB). Also, she appeared on the TV show named The Real Housewives of New York City and able to catches the attention of the public. She has also been featured in publications including Vogue, Inked, Nylon, Essence, Elle, and Paper. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Leah McSweeney famous for?
- An American fashion designer and TV Personality.
- The founder and CEO of Married to the Mob, a female fashion line.
Source: [email protected]
Where does Leah McSweeney live?
Recalling her early life, Leah was born in New York City, the U.S. to her parents, Bryan McSweeney and Marie McSweeney in the year 1982. Her nationality is American and belongs to White. Her birth sign is Virgo and her religious view is Christianity. Similarly, she grew up along with her two siblings named Daniel and Sarah McSweeney.
For education, she attended the Convent of Sacred Heart in NYC’s Upper East Side, Manhattan. But she was expelled for being ‘Bad Influence’. After graduating from school in Newtown, Connecticut, she joined the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
How Leah McSweeney become a fashion designer?
- Moving towards her career, Leah launched her fashion line named Married to the Mob (MTTM) in 2002 through her settlement prize of $75,000 that she had received from the New York Police Department in 2002.
- Later, MTTM has collaborated with several companies and designers since its initiation.
- MTTM’s first major collaborations featured a Kangol cashmere ‘beanie’ cap and a Kaws two-piece graphic swimsuit.
- Later, MTTM collaborates with German accessory brand MCM and French boutique Colette for a limited-edition Reebok lip-print sneaker.
- MTTM has also collaborated with French graffiti artist Fafi, Krink, and Jessy “Nite Rider” Kennedy.
- After that, MTTM creates another limited-edition sneaker with Nike.
- Besides that, MTTM has also released collections featuring female rappers including Chanel West Coast, Kid Sister, and Lil Debbie as models.
When did Leah McSweeney begin her TV career?
- Talking about her TV journey, Leah started her acting career in 2010 through Bravo’s The Millionaire Matchmaker as a client.
- After that, she appeared another TV program named VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: New York.
- Later in 2015, she became a featured recurring star on Shade 45’s Lip Service with Angela Yee of Power 105.1.
- The following year, she began Improper Etiquette with Laura Stylez of Hot 97 where she and Stylez provide candid perspectives and advice on lifestyle and current issues with occasional celebrity interviews.
- Similarly, She has been a frequent contributor to the online publication Hypebeast, where she offers commentary on wellness, streetwear style, and motherhood.
- She also writes an advice column for Penthouse magazine.
- In 2019, She appeared on Season 12 of Bravo’s popular TV franchise, Real Housewives of New York City.
Who is Leah McSweeney married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Leah has never been married. She was previously in a romantic relationship with his boyfriend, Rob Cristofaro. The lovebirds also share a daughter named Kier Marie. However, the couple separated and she is a single mother as of now. Presently, she seems to happy and live with her daughter.
Further, she had bipolar II disorder and was diagnosed in August 2012 on her 30th birthday. Her life stabilized right away in 2015.
How much is Leah McSweeney’s net worth?
Being a fashion designer and TV personality, Leah has a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the both fashion and entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $4 million and her salary is somewhere around $400 thousand at present. Further, she adds up her fortune as a co-host of Improper Etiquette.
How tall is Leah McSweeney?
Observing her body physics, Leah stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. Further, her body measures around 35-28-36 inches.