Lee Anthony Angol, excellently known as Lee Angol is an English professional footballer who plays for Bradford City. He started his football career in Tottenham Hotspur where he has been a regular in their academy team. He is also active in social media as he has gained more than 5K followers on his Instagram with 105 posts whereas he has earned over 3K on his Twitter account. Angol agreed to join Bradford City on an initial one-year deal on 22nd June 2021, following his departure from Leyton Orient.
Lee Angol earns point for Bantams
Lee Angol’s towering second-half header earned Bradford a point in a 1-1 draw at Port Vale. The Valiants had been on course to go joint top of League Two with James Wilson’s goal 10 minutes into the second half. But substitute Angol headed home Matty Foulds’ cross 15 minutes from time to frustrate Vale, who had needed a win to move level on points with leaders Forest Green. After hitting 17 goals in winning four straight games Vale was frustrated in the first half by their mid-table opponents, who created the early chances. Former Vale striker Theo Robinson fired one straight at goalkeeper Lucas Covolan, who also gathered Charles Vernam’s header from Robinson’s cross moments later.
At the other end, James Gibbons forced a fine save from Richard O’Donnell with a blistering effort from distance midway through the half. The breakthrough came 10 minutes into the second half. David Amoo made a determined run at the backtracking Bradford defense and a ricochet in the box fell kindly for Wilson, who finally beat the luckless O’Donnell after the keeper’s initial save. But after 75 minutes Angol rose highest to meet a brilliant cross from Foulds to equalize.
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing for Bradford City.
What is Lee Angol Nationality?
Lee Angol stepped for the very first time into the world on 4th August 1994 with the real name of Lee Anthony Angol in Carshalton, England. He is British by nationality and British-white by ethnicity. Likewise, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Lee has celebrated his 27th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Leo. His family’s details and educational qualifications have not been disclosed yet.
How did Lee Angol start his career?
- Lee Angol jumps off his professional football career in Wycombe Wanderers after leaving Tottenham Hotspur where he signed on 2nd July 2012. He made his debut on 11th August as a 100th-minute substitute for Matt Bloomfield against Watford in the League Cup first round, which finished as a 1-0 defeat after extra time.
- Then he made his league debut as an 84th-minute substitute for Grant Basey in a 1-0 defeat at home to Gillingham on 21st August.
- He joined Isthmian League Premier Division club Hendon on a five-week loan on 28th January 2013 and scored on his debut two days later in a 3-1 victory over Croydon in the London Senior Cup, and this was followed up with a goal in the following match, a 2-1 victory over Carshalton Athletic.
- His loan was extended from 7th March until 2nd April. He completed the loan spell with three goals from 10 appearances. Upon his return to Wycombe, Angol signed a new one-year contract with the club in May 2013.
- He began 2013-2014 on loan at Hendon and scored on his second debut later that day in a 5-3 defeat at home to Maidstone United, and completed the loan spell with two goals from four appearances. He joined Conference South club Maidenhead United on a one-month youth loan on 5th October.
- He made his debut and only appearance for the club later that day in a 3-1 defeat at home to Havant & Waterlooville.
- Angol signed for Maidenhead’s Conference South rivals Boreham Wood on an initial one-month loan on 24th January 2014 and debuted a day later as a 77th-minute substitute in a 2-2 draw at home to Dover Athletic. His loan was extended until the end of the season, which he completed with 22 appearances and seven goals.
- Lee signed a one-year contract with newly-promoted League Two club Luton Town on a free transfer on 9th July 2014 and was immediately sent out on a season-long loan to Boreham Wood.
- He finished 2014-2015 as the Conference South top scorer with 25 goals from 39 appearances, as well as additional goals in Boreham Wood’s FA Cup campaign and play-off victory, helping them to promotion to the National League for the first time in their history.
- Also, he was named as the club’s Player of the Season alongside winning the Young Player of the Year accolade at the National Game Awards. Luton offered him a new contract in May 2015 upon his return from the loan, but Angol rejected it.
- Lee signed a three-year contract with League One club Peterborough United on 20th July 2015 and scored twice on his debut for the club in a 5-1 victory away to Oldham Athletic on 12th September, and finished 2015-2016 with 38 appearances and 11 goals.
- He was loaned to National League club Lincoln City until the end of 2016-2017 on 6th March 2017 and scored a hat-trick on his debut a day later in a 4-0 victory away to Braintree Town, and completed the loan spell with 13 appearances and six goals. Upon his return to Peterborough, Angol was transfer-listed by the club.
- Angol joined League Two club Mansfield Town for an undisclosed fee on 18th May 2017.
- Lee signed for League One club Shrewsbury Town on 9th August 2018 on a two-year contract for an undisclosed fee, with the option of a further year.
- He later rejoined League, Two leaders, Lincoln on 31st January 2019 on loan until the end of 2018-2019, and made only two brief substitute appearances.
- Angol joined newly-promoted League Two club Leyton Orient for an undisclosed fee, signing a two-year contract on 1st July 2019. At the end of the 2020-2021 season, he was released by the club.
- Angol agreed to join Bradford City on an initial one-year deal on 22nd June 2021, following his departure from Leyton Orient as he scored two goals for Bradford City in a match against Oldham Athletic on 14th August 2021. The last of these goals was a penalty that was scored in 90+8 minutes.
- Leyton Orient on 01/07/2019
- Shrewsbury Town on 31/05/2019 at the end of the loan
- Lincoln City on 31/01/2019 at loan
- Shrewsbury Town on 09/08/2018
- Mansfield Town on 01/07/2017
- Peterborough United on 31/05/2017 at the end of the loan
- Lincoln City on 06/03/2017 for loan
- Peterborough United on 20/07/2015 for free
- Luton Town on 31/05/2015 at the end of the loan
- Boreham Wood on 10/07/2014 at loan
- Luton Town on 09/07/2014 for free
- Wycombe Wanderers on 25/04/2014 at the end of the loan
- Boreham Wood on 24/01/2014 for loan
- Wycombe Wanderers on 04/11/2013 at the end of the loan
- Maidenhead United on 04/10/2013 for loan
- Wycombe Wanderers on 17/09/2013 at the end of the loan
- Hendon on 19/08/2013 for loan
- Wycombe Wanderers on 05/03/2013 at the end of the loan
- Hendon on 29/01/2013 for loan
- Wycombe Wanderers on 03/07/2012 From Tottenham U18 for free
Awards and Achievements
- Conference South play-offs: 2014-2015
- National League: 2016-2017
- Conference South Golden Boot: 2014-2015
- Boreham Wood Player of the Year: 2014-2015
- Boreham Wood Young Player of the Year: 2014-2015
Is Lee Angol Married?
Lee Angol is an unmarried footballer. Thus, he has no wife. But he is currently in a relationship with a beautiful lady whose details have not been shared yet as Lee strictly kept his personal and professional life separate. Reflecting on Lee’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
However, we know that he is the father of two children.
What is the Net Worth of Lee Angol?
Lee Angol is a talented guy who has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2021 whereas his exact amount of salary has not been revealed yet. His current market value is €150 Thousand as of 30th May 2016 which is also his highest market value. In his short professional time also, Lee has established himself an identity already. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Lee Angol?
Lee Angol is 6 ft 2 in or 1.87 m tall and his body weighs around 72 kg. He has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He has attractive curly dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, Lee’s body build type is athletic.