Lee Pace is a renowned actor who is best known for playing Calpernia Addams in the drama film Soldier’s Girl (2003), as Thranduil, the Elvenking in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012), as Ronan the Accuser in the Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). He made his film debut in the Canadian-American drama film Soldier’s Girl. For his performance, he won the “Gotham Award for Breakthrough Actor.” In 2002, he guest appeared in NBC’s police procedural TV series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for his role as Benjamin Tucker in an episode titled “Guilt.”
What is Lee Pace Famous For?
- Being an American actor.
- For starring as Thranduil the Elvenking in The Hobbit trilogy.
Where is Lee Pace From?
Lee Pace was born as Lee Grinner Pace on the 25th of March 1979 in Chickasha, Oklahoma, the USA. His birth name is Lee Grinner Pace. He holds American nationality and he has mixed ancestry of German, English, Scottish, and Welsh. His father, James Roy Pace is an engineer, and his mother, Charlotte Pace – Kloeckler is a school teacher. He has two siblings; a sister, Sally, and a younger brother, William Pace. They spent their childhood in Saudi Arabia. There, his father worked in the oil industry. Later, his family moved to Houston, Texas. He graduated from Klein High School in Spring, Texas. At the time, he took a small break from High School to act at Houston’s Alley Theatre. He became part of Group 30 (1997-2001) when he joined Juilliard School’s Drama Division in 1997. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard School.
Lee Pace Career Timeline
- After his graduation, he pursued his career as a theater actor for off-Broadway plays.
- In the theatre, he debuted with the play The Normal Heart as Bruce Niles.
- During the days of off-Broadway plays, he acted in plays including The Credeaux Canvas and The Fourth Sister.
- He played the role of Joe Pitt in the Broadway revival of the National Theatre’s production of Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes. Previews began at the Neil Simon Theatre on February 23, 2018, and the show opened on March 25, 2018.
- Regarding his acting career, he first gained recognition for his role in the 2003 film “Soldier’s Girl”.
- In 2006, Pace starred in Tarsem Singh’s The Fall.
- His next film was Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.
- Also, he played supporting roles in The White Countess, Infamous, When in Rome, and The Good Shepherd.
- He appeared as Phil Winslow in the film Marmaduke in 2010.
- He starred as Garrett, the nomadic vampire, in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 in 2012.
- Later, he appeared in “The Hobbit”, “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”, “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” and “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”.
- He then played the villain, Ronan the Accuser, in the 2014 Marvel Studios film “Guardians of the Galaxy”. He reprised the character in “Captain Marvel”.
- Focusing on his TV career, he played Aaron Tyler in the acclaimed but short-lived 2004 television series “Wonderfalls” which was followed by “Pushing Daisies”, “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”, and “Halt and Catch Fire”.
- In 2018, he was cast as Sam Colin in the Hong Kong action crime television series “Flying Tiger 2” produced by Shaw Brothers Studios.
Awards and Achievements
- 2003: Gotham Award
- 2007: Silver Berlin Bear for The Good Shepherd
- Drama Desk Award
- Obie Award
Who is Lee Pace Wife?
Lee Pace is currently a married man to Thom Browne‘s fashion executive, Matthew Foley. In November 2021, it was reported that the couple had tied the knot after Lee was spotted with a gold wedding band on his left hand during an interview. In August 2022, during an interview, Lee confirmed that they had tied the knot.
Previously, he dated James Calleri, Carter Smith, Jason Moore, Anna Friel, and Laura Donnelly.
In June 2018, he spoke about being a queer actor in an interview with The New York Times. His sexual orientation became a topic of public discussion after he was accidentally outed as gay by Ian McKellen, who worked with him in The Hobbit films, in 2012. McKellen’s “outing” was described in the press as a blunder and an accident on his part, as Pace had never addressed the subject.
What is Lee Pace Net Worth?
Lee Pace is an outstanding actor whose net worth is estimated to have $5 million as of 2020. His main source of wealth comes from the acting industry. His salary is in thousands of dollars from his profession. After Will Smith and Robert Downey Jr., Lee is the third actor, whose each of the 5 films in a row has grossed $100 million at the US Box Office. Today, he is living a lavish lifestyle. He has appeared in Tiffany & Co commercial.
How tall is Lee Pace?
Lee Pace is 6 feet and 5 inches tall and weighs around 80 kg. He has green eyes with light brown hair. He maintains his body a lot. He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12. He has thick/bushy eyebrows. For his debut film Soldier’s Girl (2003), he lost 25 pounds of body weight so as to fit in the character of Calpernia Addams.
Leave a Reply