Leigh Francis is a British stand-up comedian, actor, writer, director as well as a producer who is famous for creating Channel 4’s “Bo’ Selecta!” (2002–2009) and portraying Keith Lemon in several ITV shows including “Celebrity Juice” (2008–present), “Through the Keyhole” (2013–2019), and “The Keith Lemon Sketch Show” (2015-2016). During his early years, he did a series of shorts for “Comedy Central” (then known as Paramount Comedy) called “Stars in Their Houses”. He also had a cameo in “Rocketman”, the 2019 Elton John biopic, playing a shop worker named Pete.
What is Leigh Francis Famous For?
- Being an English Comedian, Actor, Writer, Director, and Producer.
- For his portrayal of the character Keith Lemon on various shows and for developing Channel 4’s hit show “Bo’ Selecta!”.
What is Leigh Francis Real Name?
Leigh Francis was born on 30th April 1973 in Beeston, Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, the United Kingdom. He spent his early childhood on a council estate in Old Farnley, Leeds. His real name or birth name is Leigh Izaak Francis. His present age is 48 as of 2021. He hasn’t stated anything about his parent’s details to the media. Only the fact is known that his father dies at the age of 47 due to cancer. He holds British nationality and his ethnic background is British-White. His Zodiac sign is Taurus and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his educational qualification, he attended Farnley Park High School and pursued higher education at Jacob Kramer College where he received a qualification in graphic design.
Leigh Francis Career Timeline
- Leigh Francis was discovered and encouraged by TV presenter, Davina McCall to perform in role stand-up comedy.
- Davina McCall was the one who got Leigh his first TV role on “Dom and Kirk’s note O’Plenty” as Bobby Stark. The series aired on Paramount Television from January to July 1996.
- His second TV role was as Barry Gibson, a music paparazzo, featured on the early series of Channel 4’s “Popworld”.
- Then, he starred as various characters, including Gibson, Keith Lemon, and Avid Merrion in the series “Whatever I Want”, which aired late at night on ITV in 2000.
- He also did a series of shorts for “Comedy Central” (then known as Paramount Comedy) called “Stars in Their Houses” during his early career work.
- His major TV breakthrough occurred when Channel 4 offered him a £250,000 deal to produce a series based on his television characters, such as his previous roles as Bobby Stark and Barry Gibson, and in the year 2002, “Bo’ Selecta!” was born which featured Francis portraying a series of celebrities by wearing face masks to impersonate them, as well as portraying the main, non-celebrity character, Avid Merrion. The program lasted for five series, airing between 2002 and 2006. ‘Season 4’ was subtitled “A Bear’s Tail”, and was based on another of his characters, The Bear. Season 5 returned to Avid Merrion and was called “Bo! in the USA”.
- Following this, he took one of the series characters, Keith Lemon, and created a brand new show, “Keith Lemon’s Very Brilliant World Tour”, which aired on ITV2 in April 2008.
- Then, he created another new show featuring “Lemon, Celebrity Juice” which has aired 23 series to date. Lemon also co-hosted “Sing If You Can” with Stacey Solomon, and, since 7th April 2012, he has hosted his new show “Keith Lemon’s LemonAid” on ITV.
- In November 2011, it was revealed that Lemon would make his feature film debut in “Keith Lemon: The Film”, with production starting later that month.
- Since 31st August 2013, he has presented the ITV panel show “Through the Keyhole” in character as Keith Lemon.
- Since 5th February 2015, he has appeared in the ITV2 comedy show “The Keith Lemon Sketch Show”.
- As of June 2019, he is presenting his new show on ITV, “Shopping With Keith Lemon”.
- He also had a cameo in “Rocketman”, the 2019 Elton John biopic, playing a shop worker named Pete.
- He was also the presenter of “The Fantastical Factory of Curious Craft” in 2020, “Britain’s Best Selling Toys” in 2020.
Is Leigh Francis Married?
Leigh Francis is a married man. He married his childhood girlfriend turned wife, Jill Carter on 30th October 2002. Their wedding took place at Allerton Castle, North Yorkshire. They dated for a long 11 years since they were young before getting married. They are also the proud parents of their beautiful daughters namely Matilda (born in February 2009) and Dolly. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time and they are enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Who is Leigh Francis Wife, Jill Carter?
Jill Carter is a beauty therapist by profession. She is famous for being the wife of Comedian, Leigh Francis. She was born in the year 1973 in England. Her present age is 47.
What is Leigh Francis Net Worth?
Leigh Francis is a very talented and successful comedian, actor, writer, director as well as a producer whose net worth is estimated to have $10 Million as of 2021. His major source of wealth comes from his entertainment career. As of today, he is living a lavish lifestyle. His exact present salary is unavailable at a moment.
Leigh Francis: Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Leigh Francis is a charming personality comedian who stands at a perfect height of 5 feet 10 inches and his body weight consist of 75 kg. He has blonde hair and his eye color is blue. His body type is average. His other body measurements are unavailable at a moment. Overall, he has got a healthy body as he maintains his body a lot.