Lena Dunham is a versatile American actress, filmmaker, and writer who is well recognized as the creator, writer, and star of the HBO television series “Girls” (2012-2017), for which she received several Emmy Award nominations and two Golden Globe Awards. In 2006, she played the role of Georgia in the short film titled “Dealing” of which she was also the director and writer of the film. She played the lead role in the TV series “Tight Shots” in 2007. She was also the writer, editor, and director of this show. Her work as well as her outspoken presence on social media and in interviews have attracted significant controversy, criticism, and media scrutiny throughout her career. Moreover, Lena had a small role in “Music” directed by Sia in 2021 whereas she will also serve as an executive producer on “Genera+ion”, a dramedy for HBO Max.
- Being an American actress, filmmaker, and writer.
- For being the creator, writer, and star of the HBO television series “Girls” (2012-2017)
What Ethnicity is Lena Dunham?
Lena Dunham was born on 13th May 1986 in New York City, New York, U.S. She holds American nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she is of English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and German descent on her father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side. About Lena’s religion, her father is Protestant of mostly English ancestry, and her mother is Jewish. Her present age is 35 which is celebrated in 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Taurus. Thus, her race is white. Her father, Carroll Dunham, is a painter, and her mother, Laurie Simmons, is an artist and photographer, and a member of The Pictures Generation, known for her use of dolls and dollhouse furniture in her photographs of setup interior scenes. She has a younger sibling, Cyrus, a 2014 graduate of Brown University, who appeared in Dunham’s first film, “Creative Nonfiction”, and starred in her second film, “Tiny Furniture”.
Moving to Lena’s education, she first attended Friends Seminary before transferring in seventh grade to Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn. She attended The New School for a year before transferring to Oberlin College, where she graduated in 2008 with a degree in creative writing.
What does Lena Dunham do for a living?
- Lena Dunham kicks off her career producing “Pressure” in 2006 after which she launched another film, entitled “The Fountain” whereas “Pressures” (2006), “Open the Door” (2007), “Hooker on Campus” (2007), was released as DVD extras with “Tiny Furniture”.
- She starred in a ten-episode web series for Nerve.com entitled “Tight Shots” in 2007 and created the “Index Magazine” web series, “Delusional Downtown Divas” in 2009.
- For her work on “Tiny Furniture”, Lena also won an Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay.
- Her television series, “Girls”, was greenlit by HBO in early 2011. She said, “Girls” reflects a part of the population not portrayed in the 1998 HBO series “Sex and the City” as the first season premiered on HBO on 15th April 2012, and received critical acclaim.
- Dunham also hosted an episode of “Saturday Night Live” with musical guest The National.
- As well, she signed a $3.5 million deal with Random House to publish her first book in late 2012. The book, an essay collection called “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned””, was published in September 2014 and reached number two on “The New York Times Best Seller” list in October 2014.
- She voiced Mary in “My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea” and also filmed scenes for the film “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising”, but they were cut from the final film.
- Later “Girls'” sixth and final season concluded on 16th April 2017, leaving a total of 62 episodes in the series.
- It was announced in August 2018 that she would appear in the film “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” which was released on 26th July 2019.
- Also, she launched a new production company “Good Thing Going” which has a first-look deal with HBO in August 2019.
- In response to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, in March 2020 she announced she would write a serialized novel, “Verified Strangers” as a response to social isolation.
- She directed and served as an executive producer on the first episode of HBO’s “Industry” as well as appeared in “The Stand-In”.
- Lena had a small role in “Music” directed by Sia in 2021 whereas she will also serve as an executive producer on “Genera+ion”, a dramedy for HBO Max. She will also direct, write, and produce “Catherine, Called Birdy”.
- Furthermore, Lena has appeared on several magazine covers, including “Vogue”, “Elle”, “Marie Claire”, and “Rolling Stone”.
Lena Dunham Married: Who is she married to?
Lena Dunham is a married woman. She began dating English-Peruvian musician “Luis Felber”, in January 2021. In September 2021, the couple married in a Jewish ceremony at the Union Club in Soho. Starting at now, Lena and Felber are carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. Concerning, Lena’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
Everything That You Need To Know About Luis Felber
What is the Net Worth of Lena Dunham?
Lena Dunham has a net worth of $12 million as of 2021. She also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around $150,000 per episode. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. Lena endorsed Jim Johnson, a Democratic New Jersey gubernatorial candidate in June 2017. Later that month, she also endorsed Jeremy Corbyn, leader of the Labour Party, in the United Kingdom general election. In addition, her major source of income is from her actress, filmmaker, and writing career.
How tall is Lena Dunham?
Lena Dunham has got a standard height of 5 ft 3 in and a convincing appearance. She has 66 kg of body weight with an average body build type. She has light brown hair and eyes color. Lena’s body measurements are 36-28-38 in or 91.5-71-96.5 cm. She has also inked some beautiful tattoos on her body.