An American basketball player who is playing for the current team, Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA G League is named LiAngelo Ball. His playing position is shooting guard. When he was 7 years old, he started playing flag football with his brothers. Lonzo used to play as a quarterback while LiAngelo and LaMelo caught passes. While growing up, he used to play basketball on Big Ballers VXT, which is an Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) under-17 team. His team was coached by his parents. He played for Chino Hills High School in California, where he won a state championship and achieved national success as a junior. At the end of his sophomore year in high school, he has rated a 3-star recruit by Rivals.com. In April 2015, he reached a verbal commitment to play college basketball for the UCLA Bruins. He signed a letter of intent in November 2016. In November 2017, he and his 2 other UCLA freshman teammates were arrested for allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store in Hangzhou. In the aftermath of the shoplifting incident, Ball was suspended from the UCLA basketball team. Soon after, he announced that he was going to drop out of UCLA. In January 2018, he made his professional basketball debut with BC Prienai in the Lithuanian Basketball League match against Lietkabelis Panevezys. It was a poor debut for him as not only did he fail to score but his team also lost the tie. He later played in the Junior Basketball Association (JBA), a league founded by his father, before joining the G League at the end of 2019-2020. In the year 2017, he made his first web show appearance in The Ball Family episode of the talk show, “Sneaker Shopping”. He also has a signature shoe by his father’s company, Big Baller Brand, and a role on his family’s Facebook Watch reality show “Ball in the Family”.
Pistons Reportedly Agree to Non-Guaranteed 1-Year Contract For LiAngelo Ball
All three Ball brothers are under NBA contract. The Athletic’s Shams Charania reports that LiAngelo Ball, the middle brother, has signed a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with the Detroit Pistons. His eldest brother, Lonzo Ball, plays for the New Orleans Pelicans, while LaMelo Ball, the youngest brother, just signed his rookie deal with the Charlotte Hornets after being taken with the third overall pick of the 2020 NBA Draft. Back then, he signed a deal with Oklahoma Blue of the G League last March, but the remainder of the season was canceled due to the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic before Ball could get into a game.
- Being the basketball player for the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA G League.
- Being the son of LaVar Ball, the popular media personality and founder of the Big Baller Brand as well as being the younger brother of Lonzo Ball, the New Orleans Pelicans.
Who are the Parents of LiAngelo Ball?
LiAngelo Ball was born on 24th November 1998, in Anaheim, California, the USA (hometown). His birth name/full name is LiAngelo Robert Ball. He was born to his parents; LaVar (father) and Tina Ball (mother). His father is a former basketball player who played for Washington State of the NCAA Division I, as well as the West Los Angeles College and Cal State Los Angeles. Also a former footballer, LaVar later joined the London Monarchs of the World League of American Football (WLAF) on loan from the New York Jets. His mother, Tina used to be a basketball player at the California State University, Los Angeles. He is the middle son, about a year younger than his sibling (brothers) Lonzo and two years older than LaMelo. As of 2020, he celebrated his 22nd birthday. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is multiracial as he has Czech ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of African-American descent on his father’s side. Sagittarius is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. He began playing basketball in his childhood against older opponents. As a kindergartener, he took on teams from the fourth and fifth grades. At six, he started playing with his two brothers. LaVar founded an Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) under-17 team named Big Ballers VXT, which both he and his wife coached. Ball and his brothers were raised as members of this team.
Concerning his education, he went to Chino Hills High School. Then, he got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles. However, he didn’t complete his university studies as he decided to focus on his basketball career.
For which team, LiAngelo Ball is Playing For?
- Moving towards his high school career, Ball played basketball for four years at Chino Hills High School in Chino Hills, California.
- He started alongside his older brother, Lonzo during his freshman year and became teammates with his brother, Lonzo, and cousin, Andre during his sophomore year.
- In June 2014, he suffered a foot injury before the season and missed a tournament at Fairfax High School.
- He then scored 35 points with seven three-pointers to win the Ron Massey Memorial Fall Hoops Classic on 14th September.
- He scored 53 points in a 111-80 win over Dorsey High School in December 2014.
- He then committed verbally to play college basketball for UCLA on 21st April and signed a letter of intent in November 2016.
- He averaged 27.4 points per game, which led his team as a junior.
- He was named mythical national champion by MaxPreps, who also labeled their title run “perhaps the best brother act in high school basketball history.”
- He averaged 33.8 points per game as a senior, leading the state of California in scoring.
- He then enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles on 1st June 2017.
- He was suspended indefinitely from the UCLA basketball program after being arrested for allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store at a high-end shopping center near their team hotel.
- He announced that he planned to withdraw from UCLA on 4th December.
- On 11th December 2017, he signed with Prienai of the Lithuanian Basketball League (LKL). He went scoreless in a 95-86 loss to Lietkabelis in his professional debut on 13th January 2018.
- He made his first start, recording 13 points in a 97-95 victory over Siauliai on 11th February.
- He then scored a season-high 28 points with six three-pointers in a loss to Nevezis on 25th March.
- He injured his ankle and left early versus Juventus Utena on 19th April.
- He then left Prienai with his family, with their father being critical of head coach Virginijus Seskus on 25th April.
- He finished the LKL season averaging 12.6 points and 2.7 rebounds per game, shooting 41.5% from the three-point line.
- After that, he signed with the Los Angeles Ballers of the Junior Basketball Association on 9th July 2018.
- He joined in the middle of the season and made his debut on 14th July tallying 53 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists.
- He recorded 39 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 202-189 win to claim the All-Star Game MVP award.
- He scored a season-high 58 points in a 157-134 win over the Philadelphia Ballers during his playoff game.
- In July 2019, he underwent surgery for an ankle injury and was sidelined for much of the 2019-2020 season for rehabilitation.
- He signed with the Oklahoma City Blue of the NBA G League as a practice player on 29th December 2019.
- He signed with the Blue by waiver claim on 9th March 2020.
- The Blue played just one game, which Ball did not play in before the remainder of the season was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Awards and Achievements of LiAngelo Ball
- JBA champion (2018)
- JBA Finals MVP (2018)
- JBA All-Star (2018)
- JBA All-Star Game Co-MVP (2018)
Who is LiAngelo Ball Dating?
LiAngelo Ball is not married yet and he is still to get married. He is not single as of now but he is currently dating his beautiful girlfriend, Jaden Owens. They began their love life in 2018. They had first got in touch through Instagram and later met in person in July 2018 when Ball had traveled to Dallas for Los Angeles Ballers and Atlanta Ballers match. They made their relationship public in November 2018. As of now, the couple is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
LiAngelo Ball initially began dating Instagram model, Izzy Morris during the junior year of high school. They had an on-and-off relationship. In October 2018, he stated that they had officially ended their relationship. After that, Marina Fuentes, a transgender woman claimed that Ball had a sexual encounter with her. She even threatened to release a tape of them engaged in the act.
What is the Net Worth of LiAngelo Ball?
LiAngelo Ball is a very talented and successful basketball player who has made a huge amount of money throughout his career. As of 2020, the net worth of LiAngelo Ball is estimated to have more than $4 Million as per sources. The annual payments of players can vary from $20,000 to millions of dollars per year, depending on a number of considerations. In the year 2018, he appeared in a Footlocker commercial along with his father. He has also done endorsement work for his family-owned company, Big Baller Brand. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of now. He also owns some expensive cars. His major source of wealth comes from his basketball career.
How tall is LiAngelo Ball?
LiAngelo Ball is a very handsome man with a tall height. His body build is athletic. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm. His balanced weight consists of 98 KG or 215 lbs. His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. His other body details such a chest size, waist size, dress size, and more have not been revealed yet. When LiAngelo was about 4 or 5 years old, LaVar introduced his sons to bodyweight exercises such as dips and pushups. They also used to hang on the bars for fun and sometimes even in a bid to compete with each other. He also had to regularly do sprints on the mile-long incline of the hill near their family home. He maintains his body a lot to keep himself strong and healthy. He has inked altogether 68 tattoos in his body which includes PREVAIL tattoo, 21 tattoo, HUMBLE BEAST, Stars tattoo, FEAR GOD, Psalm 138:7, God’s Soldier, and more.