Linda Ronstadt is an American pop music singer. She has won eleven Grammy Awards, three American Music Awards, one Emmy and has been a candidate for Tony and Golden Globe, and her albums have received multiple golds, platinum and multi-platinum certifications in the world.
During his career, She has released about 30 studio albums and 15 compilations. In 2014 he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and received the National Medal of Arts. Let’s know more about her and her career through this article.
What is Linda Ronstadt famous for?
- A famous retired American popular music singer.
- Her singing in a wide range of genres including rock, country, light opera, and Latin.
Where is Linda Ronstadt’s form?
Recalling her early life, Linda was born in Tucson, Arizona, the United States in the year 1946. Her birth name is Linda Maria Ronstadt and she is currently 72 years old. Her father’s name is Gilbert Ronstadt and her mother’s name is Ruth Mary Cope-man Ronstadt. She belonged to an influential family whose contributions in Arizona in the fields of commerce, wagon making, music and others were immense which are recorded in the library of the University of Arizona. Furthermore, her father used to play the guitar whilst her mother played the ukulele.
She has three siblings namely, Gretchen Ronstadt, Michael J. Ronstadt, Peter Ronstadt. During her childhood, she used to play guitar along with her siblings. Linda holds American citizenship and mixed (Mexican- Spanish- German- English-Italian) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Cancer.
Where is Linda Ronstadt go for education?
Concerning her education details, Linda attended Catalina High School. Later, she joined the University of Arizona. However, she left that university to go join Kimmel in L.A.
How Linda Ronstadt become a pop singer?
- During the 1960s, Linda began her career by initially performing with folk-rock trio dubbed Stone Poneys. After her exposure, she went on solo and emerged successfully. She went on to release albums that topped the charts like Heart Like a Wheel, Living in the USA and Simple Dreams.
- During the late 60s and the 70s, she also appeared as herself in several television shows including It’s Happening (1968-69), Cher (1975) and Saturday Night Live (1977 onward). She also lent her voice for several commercials.
- In the 1970s, she toured extensively with Neil Young, the Doors and others.
- Her other chart-busters followed including Simple Dreams (1977) and Living in the USA (1978) making her the first female arena class rock star. She remained the most successful and top-selling female singer of the 70s with most of her albums going Platinum.
- Likewise, her 1980 released album Mad Love with Asylum also went Platinum and reached the fifth position on the Billboard album chart.
- Eventually, her success story continued with Lush Life (1984) and For Sentimental Reasons (1986), both going Platinum. In the year 1987, she released her all-Spanish album Canciones De Mi Padre, which consists of some traditional Mexican songs, as a tribute to her Hispanic heritage.
- Her mainstream pop music album Cry Like a Rainstorm, Howl Like the Wind (1989) garnered critical acclaim and received a Triple Platinum certification reaching number seven on the Billboard chart.
- She produced the classical music album, Crystal – Glass Music Through the Ages.
- During the 80s and 90s, she appeared in several television shows.
- She reduced her activity after 2000 as she began to fear her singing voice was deteriorating, releasing her last full-length album in 2004 and performing her last live concert in 2009.
- She announced her retirement in 2011 and revealed shortly afterward that she is no longer able to sing as a result of a degenerative condition later determined to be progressive supranuclear palsy.
- Since then, She has continued to make public appearances, going on several public speaking tours in the 2010s. She published an autobiography, Simple Dreams: A Musical Memoir, in September 2013.
- A documentary based on her memoirs, Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice, was released in 2019.
Is Linda Ronstadt married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Linda never married in her life but she was romantically linked with many famous personalities in her past. She was in a relationship with Jerry Brown, the then Governor of California and a Democratic Presidential candidate during the mid-seventies became a hot topic for global media. Then, she was in a relationship with the famous comedian Jim Carey lasted for eight months in 1983.
Though she got engaged with filmmaker George Lucas during the mid-eighties, the relationship never culminated into marriage. Moreover, she adopted her daughter Mary Clementine in December 1990 and son Carlos Ronstadt in 1994, both in their infancy.
How much is Linda Ronstadt’s worth?
Being a pop singer, Linda earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry since 1987. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $130 million at present. however, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Linda Ronstadt?
Observing her body physics, Linda has a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 59 Kg. Similarly, Her both eyes and hair color is dark brown. Furthermore, her dress size is 6 (US) and her shoe size is 8.5 (US).