Lionel Gerard Green, excellently known by his ring name Lio Rush, is an American professional wrestler and musician who signed to Major League Wrestling (MLW), where he is a former MLW World Middleweight Champion. He is currently under contract with Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide (AAA). He wrestles as both Lio Rush and Aracno; in AAA he is a former AAA World Cruiserweight Champion. He is well recognized for his time with the WWE, where he is a former and youngest ever NXT Cruiserweight Champion, as well as the winner of the WWE United Kingdom Championship Invitational in 2018. As a musician, he released his debut single as a rapper titled, “Scenic Lullaby” in July 2019 whereas he has released his debut studio album titled, “Ever After” on 11th May 2020 as well as he released his second studio album titled, “The Final Match” on 20th July of the following year. Recently, he has made his AEW debut in the Casino Battle Royale at Double or Nothing.
- Being an American professional wrestler and musician.
- For his time with the WWE.
Where is Lio Rush from?
Lio Rush took birth on 11th November 1994 with the real name of Lionel Gerard Green. As Rush is from Lanham, Maryland, U.S, he holds American nationality and he belongs to African-American ethnicity. He is of the Christian religion and his race is black. His present age is 26 which he celebrated back in 2020. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Scorpio. He was born to his father, Lionel Aaronette, and his mother, Leslie Aaronette. His parents are gospel singers and run their own music channels on music platforms like iTunes, Spotify, and amazon music. He had also a brother named, Lorenzo, who died at a young age.
Regarding Rush’s academic qualification, he has not shared any details about it.
How was the Career of Lio Rush?
- Lio Rush entered the world of wrestling in 2014 and learned wrestling from MCW Training Centre. His first debut was at Tribute to the Legends where he won the Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup XV. He eliminates quite a good number of wrestlers like Matt Cross, Shane Strickland, and Eddie Edwards and won the Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup XV on 18th July.
- By defeating The Hell Cats and The Ecktourage with the help of his teammate Patrick Clark, they won the MCW Tag Team Championship on 3rd October. But, they lost the title thirteen days later to The Ecktourage.
- He also made his debut for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at “Only Kings Understand Each Other” on 18th February 2017, where he was defeated by Ricochet.
- He then defeated Ken Broadway at House of Glory’s “Adrenaline” to capture the HOG Crown Jewel Championship on 27th May 2017 however, he lost the title to HOG World Heavyweight Champion Anthony Gangone in a title for a title match at House of Glory’s “Never Trust a Snake” on 1st July.
- Later, he made his debut for Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW) on 31st December 2014 as Lennon Duffy and began to compete as known as Sudden Impact with Clark.
- He wrestled Joey Janela for the CZW Wired Championship on a losing effort at the night of Infamy on 21st November whereas he won the CZW Wired TV Championship, defeating Janela for the title on 12th December during Cage of Death XVII.
- He made his first successful defense against Kevin Bennett on 16th January but lost his title against Joey Janela on 13th February at CZW Seventeen.
- Rush beat Joe Gacy for the CZW World Heavyweight Championship on 13th May 2017 and lost the belt to Davey Richards at a non-CZW(DEFY Wrestling) show, ending his reign at only 17 days.
- He announced that he would be making his final CZW appearance on 5th August on 8th July whereas he defeated Janela at CZW Once in a Lifetime for his last match in CZW and against Janela.
- It was reported on 9th July 2017 that Lio had been offered an NXT contract and that his signing was imminent. He made his first televised appearance on the 4th October episode of “NXT”, where he was attacked by Velveteen Dream
- He was later moved to WWE’s main roster as part of the cruiserweight division, appearing on “205 Live” in June 2018.
- He suffered his first loss in a 5-way number one contendership match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, which was won by Tony Nese. He also suffered his first pinfall loss to Cedric Alexander a few weeks later.
- Lio became the hype man and manager of Bobby Lashley on the 17th September episode of “Raw” whereas he would later help Bobby Lashley capture his first Intercontinental Championship in a triple threat match against Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose.
- His last match on 205 Live would be a number one contendership fatal four-way on 5th February 2019 which was won by Akira Tozowa.
- He did not wrestle for the company and stopped appearing alongside Lashley after WrestleMania 35 in April as he began an imposed sabbatical away from WWE following the 15th April “Raw”.
- Subsequently, Rush made his return to NXT on the 18th September episode as a face and defeated Oney Lorcan to become the No. 1 Contender for Drew Gulak’s Cruiserweight Championship.
- He successfully defended his NXT Cruiserweight Championship in an Interbrand Triple Threat match at Survivor Series as well as he retained his NXT Cruiserweight Championship in a gruesome fast-paced battle against Akira Tozawa on the 27th November episode of NXT.
- He lost his title to Angel Garza, ending his reign at 63 days on 11th December episodes of NXT however he, later on, defeated Garza on the 12th February episode of NXT and went on to face Jordan Devlin for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship on the 19th February episode of NXT, in which he failed to capture the Cruiserweight title.
- He was released from his WWE contract as part of budget cuts stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic on 15th April 2020.
- Leo made a surprise appearance at Game Changer Wrestling on their show GCW Homecoming attacking longtime rival Joey Janela on 25th July 2020. He also makes his return to GCW on Joey Janela’s Spring Break as he defeated ACH on 10th October of 2020.
- Lio was announced for New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Super J-Cup tournament on 2nd November 2020 whereas he also signed with MLW the following month.
- He debuted in MLW at Kings of Colosseum on 6th January 2021, where he defeated Myron Reed to win the World Middleweight Championship.
- As well, he defeated Laredo Kid to win the AAA World Cruiserweight Championship and became a double champion due to MLW’s relationship with Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide. This reign is yet to be recognized after AAA Booker Konnan said that Lio lost the title to Laredo at an untelevised event.
- Rush made his All Elite Wrestling debut at the 2021 Double or Nothing Pay Per View as the Joker (wild card) in the casino battle royale match, where he was eliminated by Matt Hardy with help from Private Party (professional wrestling).
- Lio also launched his debut single as a rapper titled, “Scenic Lullaby” in July 2019 and released his second single titled, “I Wonder” on 19th August. He released his debut extended play titled, “11:11” on his 25th birthday.
- He released his debut studio album titled, “Ever After” on 11th May 2020 as well as released his second studio album titled, “The Final Match” on 20th July of 2020.
- Lio made his video game debut as part of the Rising Stars Pack of downloadable content created for “WWE 2K19”. He announced on 2nd October 2020 that he has an Onlyfans account.
- He was also announced as a contestant on the thirty-sixth season of MTV’s reality competition series “The Challenge” in 2020.
Awards and Achievements
Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide
- AAA World Cruiserweight Championship (1 time, unrecognized)
Combat Zone Wrestling
- CZW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- CZW Wired Championship (2 times)
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (1 time)
House of Glory
- HOG Crown Jewel Championship (1 time)
Major League Wrestling
- MLW World Middleweight Championship (1 time)
Maryland Championship Wrestling / MCW Pro Wrestling
- MCW Rage Championship (1 time, current)
- MCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Patrick Clark
- Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup (2015, 2016)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Ranked No. 99 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2020
Ring of Honor
- Top Prospect Tournament (2016)
- NXT Cruiserweight Championship (1 time)
- WWE United Kingdom Championship Invitational (2018)
Who is Lio Rush married to?
Lio Rush is a married man. He was married to Sarah Wah on 21st December 2018 with whom he was blessed with three sons. Starting at now, the couple is carrying on with an upbeat life and their bond is going more grounded with the progression of time. Concerning Lio’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Lio Rush?
The net worth of talented wrestler, Lio Rush is $1 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He’s only twenty-six years of age and has the gravity of talents ingrained in one person. His major source of income is from his wrestling and music career. With the potential that’s in store in him, he can go miles. Bit of dedication and luck, he would definitely be unstoppable.
How tall is Lio Rush?
Standing at an ideal height of 5 ft 6 in (168 cm), Lio Rush looks attractive with brown hair and dark brown eyes color. His body weighs around 160 lb (73 kg) with an athletic body build. He has inked the tattoo on his stomach which stated a poem that was written by his mother for his deceased brother. Furthermore, he struggled with mental health issues as a teenager and into early adulthood.