LisaRaye McCoy is an American actress, model, businesswoman, and fashion designer who is well known for portraying the role of Diana “Diamond” Armstrong in the 1998 film, “The Players Club”. McCoy is also known for her roles as Neesee James on the UPN/The CW sitcom, “All of Us”(2003-2007) and Keisha Greene in the VH1 romantic comedy series, “Single Ladies”(2011-2014).
She was even the former first lady of Turks and Caicos following her marriage with Michael Misick. Currently, she is the global ambassador of The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
McCoy has her own fashion lines, Jean collection, and hairline making her a perfect businesswoman. Recently, she got involved in a controversy when she said that Halle Berry wasn’t good in bed in Fox Soul’s digital talk show, “Cocktail with Queens”.
Besides, she is active in social media sites with over 702k followers on Twitter: @TheRealLRaye1 and over 2 million followers on Instagram: @thereallraye1.
What is LisaRaye McCoy Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Diana Armstrong in the 1998 film, “The Players Club”.
Where was LisaRaye McCoy Born?
LisaRaye McCoy was born on September 23, 1967, in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is LisaRaye McCoy. Her nationality is American. McCoy belongs to Irish ethnicity while Libra is her zodiac sign.
LisaRaye McCoy was born as the daughter of her parents: David Ray McCoy(father) and Katie McCoy(mother). Her father, David was a multi-millionaire businessman who was brutally killed in his car South Side Alley in 1988 while her mother, Katie was a former professional model.
She grew up in the south side of Chicago, along with her step-sister, Shawntae Harris(also known as Da Brat), a rapper from his father’s side.
McCoy attended St. James College Prep, Kenwood Academy, and then joined Thornridge High School from where she got graduated in 1986. After high school, she went on to attend Eastern Illinois University before pursuing an acting career.
Source: [email protected]
LisaRaye McCoy’s Career Highlights
- LisaRaye McCoy made her acting debut with a lead role in an independent film, “Reasons” in 1996.
- McCoy got her biggest break when she was cast as Diana Armstrong in the comedy-drama film, “The Players Club” in 1998.
- She then appeared in the coming of an age drama film, “The Wood” in 1999.
- Following the success of the movie, she was featured in several movies; “Civil Brand”, “Ganges of Roses”, “Rhapsody”, “All About You”, “Go for Broke” and “Beauty Shop”.
- McCoy then starred as Neesee James in the UPN/ The CW sitcom, “All of Us” in 2003. She remained in the show for 4 years till 2007.
- She even has appeared in many music videos including “Know Filter 2”, “Download”, “Same Tempo”, “True Love”, “I Don’t Wanna See” and many others.
- She also had a cameo in Seven’s music video “Girls” & Jaheim’s music video “Back Tight Wit You”.
- Besides, McCoy even has launched two fashion lines: “Luxe & Romance” and “Xraye”.
- She even has launched her jean collection “The LisaRaye Collection” and a hairline, “LisaRaye Glamour”.
- In 2020, she played the role of Alexis in the TV series, “A House Divided”.
- McCoy will be seen in her upcoming movies, “The Royal” and “Holiday Heartbreak”.
- Currently, she is the global ambassador of The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
LisaRaye McCoy’s Husband
Lisa Raye McCoy has been married twice to date. Her first marriage was with Tony Martin, a professional football player with whom she got married in 1992. Their relation didn’t last as long as they got divorced in 1994.
She then got married to her second husband, Michael Misick, a former chief minister of Turks and Caicos Island. They had a lavish wedding ceremony attended by 300 guests on April 8, 2006. Following the wedding, they went on a three-week honeymoon to Jerusalem, Bali, and Dubai.
During which she was even titled the “First Lady of Turks and Caicos”. However, in August 2008, Premier Misick announced that he and McCoy were divorcing. Misick even got caught up in controversies including corruption and rape allegations. In 2008, the couple got separated and divorced. Previously, she was in a relationship with Kenji Pace with whom she shares a daughter, Kai Morae Pace(b. December 5, 1989).
Besides, McCoy has claimed herself as the Queen mother of Ghana several times, while the citizen of Ghana has always denied her claims. In November 2020, she got involved in controversy when she claimed that Halle Berry wasn’t good in bed during a recent episode of Fox Soul’s digital talk show, “Cocktail with Queens”.
For which Berry replied via Twitter; “Ms. @TheRealLRaye1, ask my man @vanhunt he’ll tell ya all y’all need ta know”.
LisaRaye McCoy’s Net Worth
LisaRaye McCoy has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started with the first film, “Reasons” in 1996, McCoy has come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her decade long career.
Her source of income is surely her role in movies, series, modeling deals, and also her product lines. She has her own fashion lines, Jean collection, and hairline, which also adds more to her fortune. Including her income, McCoy has a wealthy net worth estimated to be around $10 million.
LisaRaye McCoy’s Height
LisaRaye McCoy is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inches. while her body weighs around 60kg.
Her body measurement is around 34-24-36 inches with a bra size of 34B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 5(US) as her shoe size. She has a brown complexion with black hair and brown eyes.