Loni Love is an American comedian, television host, actress, author, and former electrical engineer. She started her career as an electrical engineer. She then switched to music engineering and eventually pursuing a stand-up career. Her comedy career started after she finished second on Star Search 2003. She has appeared on numerous television shows since then. She has also appeared in several movies. She currently co-hosts the syndicated daytime talk show, The Real. She and her co-hosts won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for The Real in 2018.
She has over 1.5 million followers on Instagram and over 385k followers on Twitter.
What is Loni Love Famous For?
- Runner-up on Star Search in 2003.
- One of the co-hosts of the talk show, The Real.
Where is Loni Love From?
Loni Love was born on 14 July 1971. Her birth place is in Detroit, Michigan in the United States. She holds an American nationality. Information about her parents is not available. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She belongs to African-American ethnicity. Her home town in Brewster-Douglass Housing Projects.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Technical High School. She graduated from high school in 1989. She later obtained her bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Prairie View A&M University in Texas. She also minored in music while at Prairie View A&M.
Loni Love Career
- After graduating from high school, she worked for a time on the General Motors assembly line putting doors on 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlasses.
- After graduating from Prairie View A&M, she started working as an engineer at Xerox in California.
- She had developed an interest in stand-up while in college after she won a $50 competition. She frequently performed during her college life.
- She continued stand-up while working as an engineer at Xerox.
- She was a regular performer at the Laugh Factory.
- She eventually dropped her engineer position to pursue comedy. She had worked as an engineer at Xerox for 8 years.
- She did a series on VH1 called I Love the 2000s.
- She was also a panelist in Chelsea Lately, a late-night talk show.
- She competed on Star Search in 2003, where she finished in second place.
- She was also awarded the Jury Prize for best stand-up at the 2003 US Comedy Arts Festivals.
- She then started appearing in movies and television shows.
- She was a series regular in I Love the ’70s and I Love the ’80s Strikes Back in 2003.
- She became CNN correspondent for D.L. Hughley Breaks the News in 2008.
- She covered the inauguration of President Barack Obama.
- She recorded her first one-hour Comedy Central special, America’s Sister in late 2009.
- She released her first comedy advice book, “Love Him Or Leave Him But Don’t Get Stuck With The Tab” in July 2013.
- She is one of the co-hosts of the syndicated daytime talk show, The Real. She has been the co-host of the show since 2013.
- They won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for their work in The Real in 2018.
- She has guest appeared in television series/shows: Girlfriends, Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide, Cuts, Thick and Thin, TruTV Presents: World’s Dumbest, Phineas and Ferb, After Lately, Kickin’ It, Whitney, I Love the 2000s, Animated Dad, and Kevin Can Wait among others.
- She has also appeared in movies, Adopt a Highway, Mother’s Day, Bad Asses on the Bayou, Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2, Gutshot Straight, Bad Asses, Soul Plane, and With or Without You.
- She hosted a live Instagram show during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.
Loni Love Boyfriend
Loni Love is not married but not single. She is currently in a relationship with James Welsh. More details about her personal life will be updated soon.
Loni Love Height
Loni Love stands at a height of 1.67 m i.e. 5 feet and 6 inches tall. She has a body weight of 176 lbs i.e. 80 kg. She has a large body build. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Loni Love Net Worth
Loni Love earns from her career in the entertainment industry. Having started her career as an engineer, she worked for Xerox for eight years before pursuing a comedy career. Her major income comes from her comedian career. She also hosts several programs and has appeared in numerous tv shows. She is also an actress and has starred in numerous movies and tv series. Summing up all, the majority of her income comes from her entertainment career. Her net worth is estimated at $1 million at present.