Lori Vallow Daybell, also known by the name is Lori Norene Cox, is an American podcaster who is well known for being the mother of her two missing children, Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan whom she hadn’t seen since September 2019. She was sought for questioning by law enforcement officials regarding her missing children whose dead bodies were later found at Lori Vallow’s husband’s Idaho property in 2020.
The case gained national attention due to spanning multiple states, death investigations, and allegations of cult-like religious beliefs following the missing of the children. Later on May 25, 2021, Lori the mother herself got indicted alongside her husband, Chad Daybell on murder charges in the deaths of those children, Daybell was their step-father.
Daybell already held criminal records as he was charged in connection to the murder of his former wife, Tammy Daybell the same year when the children were lost.
Currently, Lori is in prison and has been charged with grand theft, two counts of conspiracy to destroy, alter or conceal evidence, two counts of desertion and nonsupport of dependent children, contempt of court, criminal solicitation, obstructing officers, two counts of criminal conspiracy, two counts of conspiracy to commit murder, and two counts of first-degree murder as per 2021.
What is Lori Vallow Daybell Famous for?
- Known for being one of the conspiracy murders behind the death of her own children.
Where is Lori Vallow Daybell From?
Lori Vallow Daybell was born on June 26, 1973, in San Bernardino, California, United States. Her birth name is Lori Norene Cox. Her nationality is American. Vallow belongs to the White ethnicity while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Born and raised in her hometown, Lori completed her education only till high school as she got married to her high school boyfriend Nelson Yanes in 1992 when she was just 19 years old. She had a brother, Alexander Lamar Cox who shot her fourth husband, Charles Vallow during an argument and just some months later, Lori’s brother also died, although it’s not clear how. Her mother’s name is Janis Cox, she also has a sister named Summer Shiflet.
What Did Lori Vallow Daybell Do for Living?
Lori Vallow Daybell worked as a podcaster before she turned out to be charged with a murder case. Besides, she is reportedly said to be affiliated with a religious group called “Preparing A People”.
She was even a contributor on the “Time to Warrior Up” podcast with Jason Mow and Melanie Gibb. Also that she co-hosted the “Feel the Fire” Podcast with Melanie Gibb.
Lori Vallow Daybell’s Marriages and Husband
- Lori Vallow Daybell has been married five times to date. Her first marriage was with her high school love, Nelson Yanes in 1992 however they got divorced shortly after. Her second marriage was at age of 23 with William Lagioia on October 22, 1995, in Texas. They even had their first son together name Colby in 1996 however they got divorced in 1998.
- Three years later in 2001, she got married to her third husband, Joseph Anthony Ryan Jr who legally adopted her son, Colby. They welcomed their daughter together named Tylee in 2002 before getting divorced in 2005. This wasn’t the end as her brother, Alex attacked Ryan claiming that he had been abusive to Lori and her children which was proven to be wrong.
- On February 24, 2006, she got married to her fourth husband, Leland Anthony “Charles” Vallow in Las Vegas. Their marriage seemed to be working as they even adopted Vallow’s grandnephew, Joshua Jaxon “J.J.” Vallow, and moved to Kauai in 2014 later moving back to Arizona in 2016. It was around the time of 2015 when Lori began reading the books of Chad Daybell becoming obsessed with them every day.
- Later in 2018, Lori attended a “Preparing a People” event where she was introduced to Daybell for the first time. They had some private conversations that Daybell even said that Lori and he had been married in 7 previous lifetimes as per Lori’s friend, Melaine Gibb who was present at the venue.
- Several weeks later they even had an intimate overnight gathering at Lori’s house when Charles wasn’t home. Shortly after in February 2019, Lori informed her husband, Charles saying; “I no longer care about you or J.J.” and claimed that she was the reincarnated wife of Joseph Smith, then vanished for 58 days. Just after that Charles filed for divorce even claiming that she had threatened to murder him and had withdrawn $35kfrom their joint bank account.
- Almost 5 months later the incident, Charles Vallow, was shot and killed in Chandler, Arizona, by Lori’s brother, Alex on July 22, 2019. Alex claimed that Charles first struck him in the head with a bat on defense for which he shot a gun. Both J.J. and Tylee were present during the shooting. After two and a half months later a wedding ring was purchased on Amazon from deceased Vallow’s account on October 2. After almost 4 months of the death of her ex-husband, harles she got married to her fifth and current husband, Chad Daybell on November 5, 2019.
- As of 2021, both the couple is behind the bars after the charge that is alleged for the murder case of Tylee and JJ Vallow. It was also just two weeks after the death of Chad’s former wife, Tammy Daybell. Even before they married both of Lori’s children went on missing.
Murder of Lori Vallow Daybell’s Children
- The news that caught the attention of thousands of people nationwide back in 2019 was the missing case of Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan. Tylee was Lori’s own daughter while J.J. was adopted son to her, both of who went on missing since September 2019 which was few weeks after the death of Charles Vallow.
- Even with the sad news of Lori’s children gone missing she happily got married to Chad Daybell in November 2019. In a March 24, 2020, report, it was said that Lori and Chad Daybell became convinced that Tylee and J.J. were “possessed” and had become “zombies”.
- The case about Tylee and JJ Valow going missing was when Tylee stopped texting her step-brother, Colby since the October text read: “We love you”. Colby Ryan and J.J. Vallow’s grandparents pleaded with the Daybells to return the children, with the latter offering a reward of $20,000. Police conducted a search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home on June 9, 2020, and uncovered human remains buried in an ostensible pet graveyard for which he was charged with felony murder then. Alongside Chad, Lori was also charged with obstruction or concealment of evidence in regards to her children’s remains.
- A day later on June 10, The Woodcock and Ryan families confirmed that the human remains discovered on Daybell’s farm were those of Tylee and J.J, which was officially confirmed on June 13 by the Rexburg Police Department. The children are no longer classified missing after their corpses were discovered, and the inquiry is now focused on discovering the circumstances surrounding their deaths.
- On May 25, 2021, Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell got charged with the murder and even got deemed incompetent and unfit to stand trial on May 27.
Lori Vallow Daybell’s Net Worth
Lori Vallow Daybell might have earned quite a good fortune while she worked as a podcaster back then. She even withdrew thousands of dollars from the joint bank account of her and her former husband, Charles back in 2019. She might have a net worth of around $50k.
Lori Vallow Daybell’s Height
Lori Vallow Daybell is a lady with a slim body physique in her late 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inches.(1.63 m) while her body weighs around 58kg(128 lbs). She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.