Lyndon John Dykes, professionally known as Lyndon Dukes is Australian-born Scottish an association football player. He plays for the Championship club, Queens Park Rangers, and the Scotland national team. Having started his professional career from Mudgeeraba, he later played for Merrimac, Redlands United, Surfers Paradise Apollo, Queen of the south, and Livingston before joining Queen Park Rangers in 2020.
On the international level, he made his senior international debut in 2020.
What is Lyndon Dykes Famous For?
- Popular Scottish footballer.
Where is Lyndon Dykes From?
Lyndon Dukes was born on 7 October 1995. His birth name is Lyndon John Dykes. His birth place is in Gold Coast, Queensland in Australia. He was born to Scottish parents in Australia. He has a sister named Hollie Dykes. Not much information about his early life, parents, and education is not available. Detailed information about his parents will be updated here.
Lyndon Dykes Career
- Dykes spent his early years playing rugby league in Canberra.
- He later took association football and played youth football for Mudgeeraba SC.
- His senior football career started Mudgeeraba in 2013.
- He joined Merrimac FC in 2014.
- Later in 2014, he joined Queen of the South but did not make any major appearances.
- He moved to Redlands United in 2015.
- He was briefly signed to Gold Coast City in 2015 but did not make any significant appearances for the club.
- He left the club to join Surfers Paradise Apollo in 2016.
- After a brief stint with the club, he joined his former club, Queen of the South in 2016.
- He made his senior debut for the club against Queen’s Park in the Scottish League Cup.
- He scored his first senior goal against Hibernian in the League Cup in August 2016.
- He signed a contract extension with the club in December 2017.
- During his stint at the club, he scored 10 league goals in 86 league appearances.
- After his contract expired with the club, he signed with Livingston in January 2019.
- However, the contract let him return to the Doonhamers on a loan deal.
- After his loan spell with his former club, he returned to his parent club.
- He scored 11 league goals in 28 league appearances for the club.
- He signed a four-year contract with English club, Queens Park Rangers reportedly for 2,00,000 pounds in August 2020.
- He scored his debut goal for the club against Nottingham Forest in September 2020.
- On the international level, Dykes played for the Australian schoolboys prior to joining Queen of the South.
- He was eligible to play for both Australia or Scotland.
- He chose to represent his parents’ birth nation, Scotland.
- He made his senior international debut for Scotland against Israel in September 2020.
- He scored his first senior international goal against the Czech Republic in the same month.
- He is part of the Scotland team for the UEFA Euro 2020.
Source: [email protected]
Who is Lyndon Dykes Wife?
The Scottish footballer Lyndon Dykes is a married man. He is married to Victoria Thomson. The couple has a son together named Tiime. Victoria has two daughters from her previous relationship with Queens legend Jim Thomson. More details about his personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is Lyndon Dykes?
Lyndon Dykes stands at a height of 1.88 m i.e. 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
He has a tattoo of Victoria’s name on his hand.
What is Lyndon Dykes Salary and Net Worth?
Lyndon Dykes earns from his professional career as a footballer. Having started his football career from Mudgeeraba, he has played in Australia, England, and Scotland. He is currently signed to the English club, Queens Park Rangers. He reportedly signed for 2 million pounds with QPR in 2020. According to his contract, he earns around 0.5 million pounds in salary per year. He has made his fortune out of his football career. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and bonuses. His net worth is estimated at around $1 million.