A German professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Spanish club Barcelona and the Germany national team is named for Marc-Andre ter Stegen. In 2014, he joined Barcelona for €12 Million. He won the treble in his first season in Spain, playing for Barcelona in Copa del Rey and UEFA Champions League. He was part of the German squads that reached the semi-finals of UEFA Euro 2016 and won the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, and was also a member of the German side that took part in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen picks up the second assist of the season for Barcelona
Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen picked up his second assist of the season on Saturday against Real Mallorca. The Germany international picked out Antoine Griezmann for a quick break on seven minutes, and the World Cup winner ran through on goal and dinked the ball over the keeper to make it 1-0 to Barca. He has already picked up an assist against Getafe in the 2-0 win back in September. He set up Luis Suarez with a long-range pass that saw him become the first Barça keeper to provide an assist in La Liga in the 21st century. Barcelona’s goalkeeper now has as many La Liga assists this season as a host of players including Nelson Semedo, Sergio Roberto, Gerard Moreno, Dani Parejo, Joaquin and Toni Kroos.
- For winning La Liga, Copa del Rey, and UEFA Champions League titles all in one season (2014-2015) as a member of FC Barcelona.
Who are the Parents of Marc-Andre ter Stegen?
was born on 30th April 1992, in Monchengladbach, Germany. He was born to Renate Kaus and Erich Kaus, his parents. He also has a younger brother named Jean-Marcel ter Stegen. Talking about his nationality, he is a German and he belongs to White ethnicity. He began playing football at the age of 10. As of 2019, he celebrated his 27th birthday with his friends and families. There is no information regarding his education, early life details but it will be added soon. He is Christian by religion.
How was the football Career (Beginning-Present) of Marc-Andre ter Stegen?
- He began his career at hometown team Borussia Monchengladbach.
- He established himself as the star of their reserve team and was frequently seen on the first-team bench in the 2010-2011 season.
- He shot to prominence with a last-man-standing display against eventual champions Borussia Dortmund, making a string of world-class saves as Monchengladbach secured a famous 1-0 victory.
- His status as the first-choice goalkeeper was cemented and he was given a no. 1 shirt.
- The German international made his debut against Ter Stegen’s Monchengladbach at the Allianz Arena.
- He then emerged as Monchengladbach’s main star for the season 2012-2013.
- In February 2013, it was reported that he signed a pre-agreement with La Liga club Barcelona but the deal was later denied by him.
- In the last home match of the season, a 3-1 home success against Mainz 05 on 5 May, he sent a tearful goodbye to Borussia Monchengladbach.
- He was announced as the new goalkeeper of Spanish club Barcelona on 19th May 2014.
- He signed a five-year contract that would keep him at the club until June 2019 on 22nd May 2014.
- The transfer fee was €12 million (£9.7 million), and the buy-out clause was set to €80 million (£63.6 million).
- He would suffer an injury prior to the first league match of the season and due to this injury, Barcelona manager Luis Enrique made Claudio Bravo the starting league goalkeeper, where he would go on to win the Zamora Trophy.
- He was made the first-choice goalkeeper in both the Copa del Rey and in the UEFA Champions League.
- Later, he made his debut in the latter tournament on 17 September, keeping a clean sheet in a 1-0 home win over APOEL.
- He helped Barcelona win the final of the domestic cup in his first season, a 3-1 victory against Athletic Bilbao on 30th May 2015.
- He played in the Champions League Final at the Olympiastadion in Berlin, a 3-1 win over Juventus.
- He won the “Best Save” award for his spectacular “goal-line” save vs Bayern Munich, in the second leg of the UEFA Champions League semi-final.
- On 11th August, his second season opened with a victory in the 2015 UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla FC in Tbilisi.
- He made his La Liga debut on 12 September 2015 in a match against Atletico Madrid, which Barcelona won 2-1.
- picked up injuries at the start of the 2016-2017 season due to which he missed the Supercopa de Espana and league matches.
- He gave away and saved a penalty from Moussa Dembele which kept the score at 1-0 and which eventually led to a 7-0 victory for Barcelona against Celtic in the UEFA Champions League on 13th September 2016.
- He had a poor performance on 2nd October 2016 against Celta de Vio due to which he apologizes.
- Later, Barcelona qualified for the quarterfinals of the 2016-2017 UEFA Champions League.
- He signed a new contract with Barcelona, keeping him at the club until 2022, with his buyout clause raised to €180 million on 29th May 2017.
- He produced a phenomenal display against Athletic Club in an eventual 2-0 win for Barcelona on 28th October 2017.
- He saved a 90th minute shot from Paulo Dybala of Juventus on 22nd November 2017.
- The result was good enough to secure a draw and a first-place position in Group D, qualifying Barcelona to the 2017-2018 UEFA Champions League knockout phase.
- He started for Barcelona in the 2018 Supercopa de Espana in which the club defeated Sevilla 2-1 to win the title with Ter Stegen making a late penalty save to secure the victory.
- He provided an assist to Luis Suarez for the first goal in a 2-0 on 28th September 2019.
- He marked his 200th game for Barca with a clean sheet in a 4-0 home win against Sevilla on 6th October.
- He provided another assist on 7 December to Antoine Griezmann for the first goal in a 5-2 home victory vs RCD Mallorca.
- He was included in Germany’s 27-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup on 15th May 2018.
- He engaged in a minor war of words with Manuel Neuer over the number one goalkeeper spot for Germany in September 2019.
With whom Marc-Andre ter Stegen is Married to?
Talking about the marital status of Marc-Andre ter Stegen, he is a married person. He was married to his loving girlfriend Daniela Jehle on 16th May 2017. The duo first met each other in the year 2013 and started dating from 2013. They were also often spotted together. After 4 years of their relationship, the couple married in Germany among his family and friends. The couple is living together happily and they don’t have any children yet. There are no disturbances between them. They are living a pleasant life. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Marc-Andre ter Stegen?
Marc-Andre Ter Stegen’s net worth will be surely in millions. He has an estimated net worth of $16 million as of 2017. He received an annual salary of $3 million from his club Barcelona. But as of 2019, his net worth, as well as salary, is under review. There is no doubt in the mind of his followers that his net worth will be more than $5 Million and he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present club. His major source of earning is from his football career. His other source of earning is from his endorsement deals with McDavid. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Marc-Andre ter Stegen?
Marc-Andre ter Stegen is a very cool person with a charming personality. He has got a tall height of six feet one inches or 187 cm with a balanced body weight of 85. He has a blonde hair color with green eye color. His chest size is 47 in, biceps size is 15 in and waist size is 35.5 in. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Overall, he has got a healthy body.