Marilyn Manson is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, visual artist, and former music journalist, who is well known as the lead singer of the popular rock band of the same name, “Marilyn Manson”, which he co-founded along with guitarist Daisy Berkowitz in 1989. Manson is also known for his controversial stage personality and his outrageous behavior that has earned him much popularity and many detractors as his fans over years with his politically incorrect lyrics and unconventional music.
Born Brian Hugh Warner, Manson is a shock rocker who made it big with the controversial yet super hit album, “Antichrist Superstar” and his cover of “Sweet Dreams are Made of These”. He has also released other successful singles like “The Dope Show” and “The Beautiful People.”
Manson also became known for theatrical concerts and his disturbing, horror-inspired fashion, such as wearing a decorated contact lens in one eye, black leather pants, and heavy stage makeup that still remains the same as always.
What is Marilyn Manson Famous for?
- Famous as the lead singer of the popular rock band, “Marilyn Manson”.
- Known for his unique horror-inspired fashion.
Where was Marilyn Manson Born?
Marilyn Manson was born on January 5, 1969, in Canton, Ohio, United States. His birth name is Brian Hugh Warner. His nationality is American. Manson belongs to White ethnicity and is of English, German, and Irish descent, while Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
Marilyn Manson was born as the only son of Barbara Warner Wyer(mother) who died on May 13, 2014, and Hugh Angus Warner(father), who died on July 7, 2017. His parents sent him to the Heritage Christian School which he attended from first to 10th grade and was also made to attend church regularly.
He attended his mother’s Episcopal church, though his father was a Roman Catholic. Warner later transferred to Glen Oak High School and graduated from there in 1987. After relocating with his parents, he became a student at Broward Community College in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in 1990, where he studied to gain a degree in journalism.
During this time, he also began to write articles for a music magazine, “25th Parallel” and started hanging out with other musicians including Groovie Mann and Trent Reznor.
Source: [email protected]
Marilyn Manson’s Career Highlights
- Brian Hugh Warner began his professional career forming a band named “Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids” along with guitarist Scott Putesky in 1989. He also adopted the stage name “Marilyn Manson” and the band was later renamed “Marilyn Manson”.
- After playing in clubs for four years, the band finally got noticed by Trent Reznor in 1993 and subsequently released their debut album titled “Portrait of an American Family” in 1994 which was an instant hit.
- They then released the EP titled “Smells Like Children” which was full of songs related to drugs and childhood abuse.
- In the U.S. alone, three of the band’s albums have been awarded two platinum and three more went gold, and the band has had seven releases debut in the top ten, including two number-one albums.
- The band got their biggest breakthrough following the release of their second studio album titled “Antichrist Superstar” in 1996, which even reached No. 1 in the US.
- Manson has appeared as a guest performer on DMX’s album, “Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood” and on Godhead’s “2000 Years of Human Error” album.
- He then went on to release the album titled “Mechanical Animals”(1998), “Holy Wood(In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)”(2000), “The Golden Age of Grotesque”(2003).
- In 2009, “The High End of Low” was released in 2009 which debuted at No. 4 on ‘Billboard 200,’ which included hit singles, such as “I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies” and “Running to the Edge of the World”.
- Manson released his eighth studio album, “Born Villain”, in May 2012, which was followed up with “Hey Cruel World…Tour” to promote the album.
- On January 20, 2015, his ninth studio album titled “The Pale Emperor” was released. After two years, he released his tenth studio album “Heaven Upside Down”.
- Manson made his film debut in David Lynch’s 1995 film, “Lost Highway”.
- He also has appeared in a number of minor roles and cameos, including Party Monster, Jawbreaker, The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, Rise, The Hire: Beat The Devil, and Showtime’s comedy-drama TV series Californication.
- He also worked on his directorial debut, Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll since 2004.
- In 2014, Manson appeared in the final season of the TV series, “Sons of Anarchy”, portraying white supremacist Ron Tully.
- He played Thomas Dinley, in season 3 of WGN’s supernatural horror series, “Salem”.
- In 2020, Manson guest-starred on the HBO television series, “The New Pope”.
- Along with his career in music and acting, he also has a career in art which he began in 1999 initially as a watercolor painter.
- His first show, “The Golden Age of Grotesque”, was held at the Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions Centre from September 13-14, 2002. Manson also named his self-proclaimed art movement Celebritarian Corporation.
- On September 11, 2020, the band’s eleventh studio album titled “We Are Chaos” was released by Loma Vista Recordings and Concord Music.
- Received the MTV Video Music Award for his music video “The Dope Show” in 1999.
- Won the Metal Edge Readers’ Choice Award for “Best Male Performer of the Year” in 2000.
- Received Lifetime achievement award in 2015.
Who is Marilyn Manson Married to?
Marilyn Manson was previously engaged to Rose McGowan. McGowan is a popular American actress, activist, and also a singer who is well known for her performance in the dark comedy, “The Doom Generation”(1995). After dating for a few years, the couple got engaged in February 1999, but just 2 years later, in January 2001, McGowan ended their engagement, citing “lifestyle differences”.
Manson shortly after began dating Dita Von Teese, who is an American vedette, burlesque dancer, model, businesswoman, and actress and became a dating couple in the same year in 2001.
After dating for over 3 years, Manson proposed beautiful Teese on March 22, 2004, and got married in a private, non-denominational ceremony. However, just after few years of their marriage, Von Teese filed for divorce due to “irreconcilable differences” and also Manson’s heavy boozing and distant behavior were also cited as the cause for their split.
Then after in 2007, his relationship with actress, model, and musician Evan Rachel Wood was made public and it was also announced that they were reportedly maintained an on-again, off-again relationship for several years. In January 2010, Manson proposed to Wood during a Paris stage performance in January 2010, but the couple broke off the engagement later that year.
In 2012, it was rumored that American photographer Lindsay Usich was Manson’s girlfriend which was published in the March 2012 issue of Revolver magazine which referred the painting of Manson featuring Usich. It was later confirmed that the two were romantically involved but in 2015, Manson confirmed being newly single. Besides, he is the godfather of Lily-Rose Depp. the daughter of Johnny Deep and Vanessa Paradis.
What is the Net Worth of Marilyn Manson?
Marilyn Manson has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer, songwriter, and record producer. Having started his career as a singer since 1989 as a part of the band, “Marilyn Manson”, he has come a long way up earning he=imslef a place in the music industry becoming a worldwide rock music sensation.
With his marvelous singing skills, techniques, and concerts and tours, Manson has undoubtedly managed to amass a healthy fortune from his several songs, albums, movies, and also from his arts.
Including all of his earning sources and incomes, his net worth is estimated to be around $25 million. With his net worth in million dollars, Manson has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Marilyn Manson?
Marilyn Manson is a good-looking man in his 50s who still has dazzling looks as in his 20s. Manson has his own identity with is his disturbing, horror-inspired fashion, such as wearing a decorated contact lens in one eye, black leather pants, and heavy stage makeup.
He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inches(1.85 m) while his body weighs around 82kg(181 lbs). He has a fair complexion with black hair and hazel eyes.