Marjorie Taylor Greene is an American politician, businesswoman, and conspiracy theorist. She is a member of the Republican Party and serving as a U.S. representative for Georgia’s 14th congressional district. She was elected to Congress in November 2020 and assumed office on January 3, 2021.
Greene supports several conspiracy theories. She linked Hillary Clinton to pedophilia and human sacrifice. She claimed Clinton murdered her political enemies in a revival of the “Clinton Kill List” conspiracy theory. She speculated the Pizzagate conspiracy theory was real in 2017. She supported the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory. Even, she expressed support for a conspiracy theory in 2018 that a plane did not hit the Pentagon during the September 11 attacks.
Besides, Greene is a member of the Freedom Caucus. She opposed abortion and supports defunding Planned Parenthood.
What is Marjorie Taylor Greene famous for?
- Famous as the first Republican woman elected to a full term from a Georgia district.
- Serving as a U.S. representative for Georgia’s 14th congressional district.
Where is Marjorie Taylor Greene from?
Marjorie Taylor Greene was born in Milledgeville, Georgia, the USA on May 27, 1974. She was born to her father, Robert Taylor. However, there is no information about her mother, siblings, and early life.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnic background. Her zodiac sign is Leo. Her religion is Christianity.
Regarding her education, she attended South Forsyth High School. After high school graduation, she enrolled at the University of Georgia and graduated with a Bachelor of Business Administration.
Marjorie Taylor Greene Career Highlights
- In 2020, Marjorie Taylor Greene announced her candidacy in Georgia’s 14th congressional district. She initially began her candidacy in Georgia’s 6th congressional district but shifted to the 14th district after incumbent Tom Graver announced he would not run for reelection.
- She campaigned as a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump and Her campaign slogan was “Save America, Stop Socialism”.
- Greene’s video was deleted by Facebook for violating its terms of service. In the video, she held an AR-15 style rifle and warned “Antifa terrorists” to “stay the hell out of Northwest Georgia”.
- She faced John Cowan in the runoff election after finishing first in the primary election and defeated him to win the Republican nomination on August 11, 2020.
- She was favorited to win the general election as it is the 10th most Republican district in the nation and the third most Republican district in the Eastern Time Zone.
- Donald Trump described Greene as a “future Republican Star” who is strong on everything and never gives up – a real winner” in his tweet.
- Greene was expected to face Democratic IT specialist Kevin Van Ausdal in the general election. But he withdrew from the race on September 11, 2020.
- Greene won unopposed in the general election with 74 percent of the vote. With the win, Greene became the second Republican woman to represent Georgia in the house.
- Greene became the first Republican woman elected to a full term from a Georgia district. Karen Handel had lost the 2017 special election for a full term.
- Greene assumed office on 3 January 2021. On her first day in office, she wore a face mask onto the House floor reading “Trump Won” when in fact Trump lost the 2020 U.S. presidential election to Joe Bilden.
- In response to the storming of the Capitol by Trump supporters on 6 January 2021, she called for an end to violence and support for President Trump.
- She refused to wear a face mask while sheltering in place during the riots and also refused to wear a face mask during the debate to remove the President from office.
- She was one of the representatives who challenged the results of the 2020 US presential election in Congress on January 7, 2021.
- On January 13, 2021, Greene stated that she would file articles of impeachment against Joe Biden alleging abuse of power and filed on January 21, 2021, the day after Biden’s inauguration.
- Greene stated in an interview that Biden is “willing to abuse the power of the office of the presidency and be easily bought off by foreign governments, foreign Chinese energy companies, and Ukrainian energy companies.
- On January 17, 2021, Twitter temporarily suspended Greene’s Twitter account for violating civic integrity policy multiple times.
- On January 27, 2021, Representative Jimmy Gomez announced that he had drafted a resolution to expel Greene from the House following reports that she had previously called for violence against Democrats online.
- On January 29, 2021, Representatives Nikema Williams and Sara Jacobs authored a censure resolution against Greene for making threatening comments to her congressional colleagues. The resolution also included a call for Greene’s resignation.
- She participated in a pro-second Amendment rally in Ringgold, Georgia in September 2020. At the rally, Greene said she would always protect the rights of gun owners and would not vote for any laws making it harder for people to possess guns.
- Greene opposed any form of mandatory mask-wearing, compulsory vaccination, lockdowns in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She also opposed the “Black Lives Matter” movement and described it as a “radical Marxist” group.
Who is Marjorie Taylor Greene married to?
Marjorie Taylor Greene is a married woman. She is married to Perry Greene. He is the President of Taylor commercial, a construction company based in Alpharetta, Georgia which was founded by her father Robert Taylor. She is the vice president of that construction company. The couple has three children together, two daughters named Lauren and Taylor and a son named Derek.
How tall is Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Marjorie Taylor Greene is a beautiful woman with a fair skin tone. She has an average body build. She stands at 1.6m (5 feet and 3 inches) tall and her body weighs around 56 kg (124 lbs.). She has a pair of beautiful hazel eyes and her hair color is blonde. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Marjorie Taylor Greene?
Marjorie Taylor Greene has earned a good fortune as a businesswoman. She is the Vice President of Alpharetta based construction company, Taylor Commercial. Her husband is the president of that company. Previously, she founded a gym center named Crossfit Which she sold later. However, her net worth and salary are not available at present.