Mark Ronson is a British-American musician, DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer as well as a record executive who is famous for his collaborations with popular artists such as Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga, Adele, Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars, and more. Ronson is an award-winning singer who has received seven Grammy Awards, including Producer of the Year for Winehouse’s album “Back to Black” and two for Record of the Year singles “Rehab” and “Uptown Funk”. He also received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Grammy Award for co-writing the song “Shallow” (performed by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper) for the film “A Star is Born” (2018). In the year 2014, he released his single “Uptown Funk” featuring vocals from Mars. The single spent 14 consecutive weeks at number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, seven non-consecutive weeks at number one on the UK Singles Chart, and became one of the best-selling singles of all time. He released his debut album “Here Comes the Fuzz” in 2003. He made his theatrical film debut as himself in the 2001 comedy film “Zoolander” and he made his first TV show appearance as himself on Howard Stern on “Demand” in 2006.
Mark Ronson Marries Grace Gummer On His 46th Birthday
Mark Ronson married Grace Gummer on his 46th birthday. The music producer confirmed on Saturday that he and the actress, 35, are married in a heartfelt Instagram post for his 46th birthday. “To my truest love…out of nowhere, you made 45 hands down the greatest year of my life. And I’m sure it took me 45 years to become the man worthy of your love,” Ronson wrote Saturday alongside a smiling shot of the happy couple walking hand-in-hand away from the altar. “I hope I spend every one of these birthdays by your side til my last day. And beyond. Forever and ever yours ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ (and yes, we got married),” he added. Their wedding marks second marriage for both Ronson and Gummer. Grace Gummer was previously married to musician and Nomadland actor Tay Strathairn, 40, but filed for divorce in April 2020, citing irreconcilable differences. The two split in August 2019, one month after they wed in secret. Ronson was formerly married to French actress Joséphine de La Baume, 36. The two wed in 2011 and later divorced in 2018. Prior to his marriage to de La Baume, Ronson was engaged to Rashida Jones.
What is Mark Ronson Famous?
- Being a musician, DJ, singer and songwriter.
- For his diverse, genre-spanning selection.
- For attracting a wide audience by fusing funk, hip hop, and rock and roll into his setlists, and playing songs that were popular in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
- For being credited as producer on a mixtape album called “Man in the Mirror”, released in January 2008 by the rapper Rhymefest.
- Writing songs for some of the most relevant musicians of modern times including Amy Winehouse, Adele, Bruno Mars, among others.
What is Mark Ronson Ethnicity? Details on Mark Ronson Parents and Family
Mark Ronson was brought into this world by his parents on 4th September 1975. His place of birth is St John’s Wood, London, England. By nationality, he is British and he belongs to a Mixed ethnic background as he has Jewish ancestry from both sides of the family with Austrian, Lithuanian, and Russian ancestry. His birth name, Mark Daniel Ronson was given by his parents; Laurence Ronson and Ann Dexter. His father, Laurence is a real-estate speculator as well as a music manager. He was born into the Ronson family, formerly one of Britain’s wealthiest families and founders of Heron International; following success in the 1980s, they lost $1 billion of their wealth in the property crash of the early 1990s. He is the nephew of businessman Gerald Ronson. Through his mother, he is distantly related to British Conservative politicians Sir Malcolm Rifkind and Leon Brittan, and Odeon Cinemas founder Oscar Deutsch. He also has two siblings; twins Charlotte Ronson, a fashion designer, and Samantha Ronson, a singer and DJ. His parents are divorced. After his parents split, his mother remarried a guitarist Mick Jones. Through his mother’s second marriage to Mick Jones, he has two elder step-siblings and two half-siblings, including actress Annabelle Dexter-Jones. From his father’s second marriage, he has three other half-siblings namely Henrietta, David, and Joshua. His stepdad, Mick Jones was the one who inspired him to be inspired by music. He follows the Judaism religion and his Zodiac sign is Virgo. His present age is 46 as of 2021 as he recently celebrated her birthday with his parents and close ones.
Talking about his education details, he attended high school at the private Collegiate School in Manhattan, and then, he attended Vassar College and New York University.
Mark Ronson Career Timeline
- Mark Ronson initially became a regular in the downtown hip hop nightlife where he was known as a DJ on the New York club scene by 1993, charging $50 per job.
- After he produced Nikka Costa’s song “Everybody Got Their Something,”, he signed a record contract with Elektra Records.
- He then released his debut album “Here Comes the Fuzz” in the year 2003. The lead single and best-known song from the album, “Ooh Wee,” samples “Sunny” by Boney M and features the rappers Nate Dogg, Ghostface Killah, Trife Da God, and Saigon. The song charted at number 15 on the UK Singles Chart and was used in a number of films, including in “Honey” (2003) and on its soundtrack.
- Then, he was dropped by Elektra Records after two weeks of releasing “Here Comes the Fuzz”.
- Then, he formed his own record label, ‘Allido Records’ in 2004, a subsidiary of Sony BMG’s J Records, along with his longtime manager Rich Kleiman.
- The first artist he signed to Allido was rapper Saigon, who later left to sign with just Blaze’s Fort Knox Entertainment.
- He has signed Rhymefest, most well known for winning a Grammy for co-writing Kanye West’s “Jesus Walks”.
- Ronson then released a cover of The Smiths’ track “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before” on 2nd April 2007 under the title “Stop Me”, featuring singer Daniel Merriweather which reached number 2 in the UK singles charts, giving Ronson his highest-peaking single until 2014’s “Uptown Funk”.
- He also produced Candie Payne’s “One More Chance (Ronson mix)” in the year 2007.
- He then released his second album “Version” in the year 2007.
- He received his first Grammy nomination in early December 2007 for ‘Producer of the year, Non-Classical’.
- He also toured the album “Version” extensively through both the UK and Europe during 2008.
- He then released his third studio album “Record Collection” in September 2010.
- The album, titled “All You Need Is Now”, was released digitally exclusively via Apple’s iTunes on 21st December 2010, while the physical CD was released in March 2011 with additional tracks.
- He was one of the artists featured in the 2012 documentary “Re:GENERATION Music Project”.
- He then started working on his fourth album. The single, “Uptown Funk,” features Bruno Mars on vocals which reached number one in the UK and US singles charts, and also became the all-time most streamed track in a single week in the UK, having been streamed a record 2.49 million times in a week.
- In 2015, he starred in the documentary film “Amy”. He also became a patron of the Amy Winehouse Foundation on 16th October 2015.
- At the 2016 Grammy Awards, he won two awards for “Uptown Funk”, including Record Of The Year.
- He then went on to executive produce Lady Gaga’s fifth album “Joanne”.
- He then produced the Queens of the Stone Age’s 2017 album “Villains”.
- In 2018, he founded his own label, Zelig Records, an imprint of Columbia Records and the first artist he signed was singer King Princess.
- He also formed the duo ‘Silk City’ with fellow producer Diplo and their first single “Electricity” featuring Dua Lipa was released on 6 September which received a nomination for the Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
- In May 2018, it was revealed through Instagram that he had been working with American singer, Miley Cyrus on her upcoming 7th studio album.
- Their first collaboration together debuted with the release of “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart” in November 2018.
- He also co-wrote the song “Shallow” for the film “A Star is Born” with his frequent collaborators Lady Gaga, Andrew Wyatt, and Anthony Rossomando.
- On 12th April 2019, it was announced that Mark Ronson would release his fifth album “Late Night Feelings” on 26th June 2019. The album features Miley Cyrus, Angel Olsen, Lykke Li, and Camila Cabello.
- On 12th October 2019, BBC Two broadcast the documentary “Mark Ronson: From the Heart”, directed by Carl Hindmarch.
Awards and Achievements
Mark Ronson has received many awards and nominations throughout his career. He is the recipient of seven Grammy Awards, two Brit Awards, two BMI Awards, two Soul Train Music Awards, a Critics Choice Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Guinness World Records, an MTV Video Music Award, and an Academy Award. He has also been nominated for three Billboard Music Awards, a Daytime Emmy Award, and four MOBO Awards which include Producer of the Year for Amy Winehouse’s album Back to Black and two for Record of the Year singles “Rehab” and “Uptown Funk.” In the year 2018, he formed the duo Silk City with fellow producer Diplo, producing the single “Electricity” featuring Dua Lipa. The single won him the Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording at the 61st Grammy Awards. That year, he also co-wrote the song “Shallow” for the film A Star is Born. The song won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Song, and the Academy Award for Best Original Song and earned him two nominations at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards-Song of the Year and Best Song Written for Visual Media, winning the latter category.
Mark Ronson Wife: Who is Mark Ronson Married To?
Mark Ronson is a married man. Ronson married his long-term girlfriend, Grace Gummer on 4th September 2021. Grace is an American actress as well as the daughter of Meryl Streep. They were engaged after dating for a year when pics of Grace with a giant diamond ring were publicized. The duo made their very first public appearance together in July 2021 at an event in the Hamptons. They were first spotted in September 2020 having dinner with friends. At present, Mark and Grace are enjoying their present life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He divides his time between London, Los Angeles, and New York.
About his past affairs and relationship, Mark firstly dated Frankie Rayder, a model from 1999 to 2000. Then, he started dating actress Rashida Jones in 2002 and after a year, they became engaged in March as Ronson proposed to her by creating a crossword puzzle with the message “Will you marry “. Their relationship ended approximately one year later. After then, he has dated Cosi Theodori-Braschi, Daisy Lowe, Tennessee Thomas, Samantha Urbani, Rebecca Schwarts, Genevieve Gaunt. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Josephine de La Baume on 3rd September 2011. By profession, Josephine is a French actress as well as a singer. Josephine has also appeared in the music video for “The Bike Song”. married person. On 16th May 2017, it was reported that de La Baume had filed for divorce from Ronson, listing the separation date as 21 April 2017. In October 2018, the divorce was finalized.
In addition, Mark Ronson has also worked with the End the Silence campaign to raise money and awareness for the Hope and Homes for Children charity and served as an artist mentor at Turnaround Arts, a national program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, which helped low-performing schools through arts education.
What is Mark Ronson Net Worth As Of 2021?
Mark Ronson is a multi-talented musician, DJ, singer, songwriter, record producer as well as a record executive by profession whose net worth is estimated to have $20 Million as of 2021. His net worth is increasing gradually year by year. Whereas his exact salary is still to get unfold yet. His major source of earning is from his singing career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He has made a huge amount of money by the sales of his songs, albums, records, and more. He has also endorsed brands such as Hilfiger, Coca-Cola, Lexus, Patron Tequilla, Hyundai, and more which also boost his net worth.
What is Mark Ronson Height?
Mark Ronson is a cool singer with a slim body build. Singer, Mark Ronson has a very charming smile with a glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall and perfect height of 6 ft. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise which results in a balanced bodyweight of 75 kg. His hair color and eye color, both are dark browns. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, bicep size, shoe size, and more are still to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body as of now and he is conscious about his food intake.