Talented Austrian professional footballer, Marko Arnautovic plays as a forward for Chinese Super League club Shanghai Port and the Austria national team with a jersey number 7. He is well known for making over 140 appearances for the English club, Stoke City. He managed to score 26 goals in 4 seasons with the club. He joined Stoke City in 2013 after previously playing for Inter Milan, Werder Bremen, and Twente whereas he entered the youth system of Floridsdorfer AC in 1995. He made his first appearance with the Austrian national team in 2008 and later helped them qualify for UEFA Euro 2016. In August 2017, he made his professional debut for West Ham United in a premier league match against Manchester United. Arnautovic made his first international start for the Austrian national team in a match against the Faroe Islands in 2008. As well, he made his first TV show appearance on the sports series, “Das Aktuelle Sportstudio” in August 2010.
Marko Arnautovic breaks out truly furious celebration after sealing Austria win
Marko Arnautovic has never been shy to let his emotions out but many were surprised to see that his emotion of choice was what appeared to be raw, unadulterated rage in his celebration after he found the net late on for Austria on Sunday. Arnautovic came off the bench on the hour mark with Austria’s Euro 2020 Group C opener against North Macedonia finely poised at 1-1 and he was his typical physical self from the moment he set foot on the pitch. Arnautovic proved too strong and quick for a tired Macedonia defense when he snuck in behind, rounded the goalkeeper, and slotted home to seal a 3-1 win for Austria.
- Being an Austrian professional footballer.
- For making over 140 appearances for the English club, Stoke City.
Where is Marko Arnautovic from?
Born on 19th April 1989, Marko Arnautovic holds Austrian nationality and he belongs to a mixed ethnic background as he has Serbian ancestry on his father’s side, while on his mother’s side, he has Austrian ancestry. He was conceived in Floridsdorf, Vienna, Austria under the star sign of Aries. Similarly, he is of devoted Orthodox Christian religion. Marko’s race is white and his present age is 32 which he recently celebrated in 2021. He is the son of his father, Tomislav Arnautovic and his mother, Gabriela Arnautovic. He has a brother named Danijel Arnautovic.
How was the Career of Marko Arnautovic?
- Marko Arnautovic kicks off his football career at Floridsdorfer AC whereas he joined FK Austria Wien in 1998 but behavior issues saw him change club regularly as in the next six years he played for First Vienna FC 1894. However, he was scouted by Dutch club FC Twente who signed him in 2006.
- Marko scored 22 goals in 24 matches for the Under-19 FC Twente in the 2007-2008 season and made his professional debut for FC Twente in the 2006-2007 season as a substitute for Kennedy Bakircioglu against PSV Eindhoven in April 2007.
- He then extended his contract with Twente despite interest from Dutch giants Feyenoord in July 2008.
- He made 16 appearances in 2007-2008 as Twente finished in the fourth position and qualified for the UEFA Champions League.
- In March 2009 after a league match against Willem II, one of Twente’s opponents, Ibrahim Kargbo, accused Marko of racially abusing him. However, after an investigation by the Dutch Football Association, they found no evidence against him, and the case was dismissed.
Inter Milan (loan)
- It was said on 4th August 2009 that Marko was on the verge of a move to Italian giants Inter Milan and made his unofficial debut for Inter in a friendly match on 5th September 2009 against Swiss team, Lugano, the final score was 3-3.
- On 6th January 2010, he made his league debut in a 1-0 away victory against Chievo as well as he played one more match for Inter against Atalanta on 24th April 2010.
- German Bundesliga club Werder Bremen confirmed on 4th June 2010 that they had signed Marko from Twente on a four-year deal where Arnautovic made his Bundesliga debut on 21st August 2010 in a 4-1 defeat against Hoffenheim. He scored twice against 1. FC Koln on 28th August 2010, his first goals for Bremen.
- He ended the 2010-2011 season at the Weserstadion with five goals in 34 appearances as Bremen finished in 13th position and he also played in the Champions League.
- Marko played in 27 matches in 2012-2013 and scored five goals which included a hat-trick on 2nd December 2012 away at Hoffenheim, including an impressive free-kick, as Bremen won 4-1. He and his Bremen teammate Eljero Elia were caught speeding and were both suspended by the club in April 2013.
- Arnautovic joined Premier League side Stoke City on a four-year contract for a fee of 2 million pounds on 2nd September 2013 and he made his Stoke debut twelve days later in a 0-0 draw against Manchester City at the Britannia Stadium.
- He scored his first goal for Stoke, a 25-yard free-kick in a 3-2 defeat against Manchester United on 26th October, and ended his first season in England with five goals in 35 appearances.
- After making little impact in the first few matches of the 2014-2015 season, Arnautovic lost his place in the side however he regained his form towards the end of the campaign and returned to a regular place.
- His first appearance of the 2015-2016 season came in a 2-2 draw with Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on 15th August, scoring the team’s first goal as they came back from 2-0 down.
- He won a last-minute penalty kick against Everton at Goodison Park on 28th December when he was fouled by John Stones, and sent it past goalkeeper Tim Howard to win the match 4-3.
- Later, Marko signed a new four-year contract with Stoke in July 2016, keeping him contracted with the Potters until the summer of 2020. He scored seven goals including braces against Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
- His future at Stoke was cast in doubt prior to the start of the 2017-2018 season after he submitted a transfer request.
West Ham United
- Marko signed for fellow Premier League team West Ham United on a five-year contract for a club-record 20 million pound fee on 22nd July 2017, which could rise to 25 million pounds with add-ons.
- He made his debut on 13th August, playing the full 90 minutes of a 4-0 loss to Manchester United at Old Trafford, and scored his first goal for the club on 9th December, the only one of a win over reigning champions Chelsea at the London Stadium.
- He followed this with a goal in his first return to the Bet365 Stadium in a 0-3 win against Stoke City on 16th December.
- He was named Hammer of the Year for the 2017-2018 season in April 2018 and was the subject of a 35 million pound transfer offer from a Chinese club, believed to be Shanghai SIPG.
- Marko committed himself to West Ham by signing a contract extension of unspecified length on 26th January whereas he also received a 20% increase raising his weekly wage to 120,000 pounds. A 40 million pound release clause was also added to his contract.
- He finished the 2018-2019 season as West Ham’s leading goal scorer, with 11 goals. As well, West Ham rejected an offer of 19.7 million pounds in July 2019 from a Chinese club as Marko said he wanted to leave.
- Marko signed for Shanghai SIPG for a fee of 22.4 million pounds on 7th July 2019 where he scored on his debut two weeks later, a 2-2 draw at Chongqing Dangdai Lifan in the Chinese Super League.
How was the International career of Marko Arnautovic?
- Marko Arnautovic played with the Austrian under-19 side in the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Championship where he was sent off in their second match and failed to make it out of the group stage.
- He earned praise from manager Andreas Herzog after scoring three goals in five matches for the Austria U21s.
- He played his first match for the Austria national senior team on 11th October 2008 against the Faroe Islands and scored his first goals for Austria in a 3-0 win over Azerbaijan on 8th October 2010.
- He began in all ten of Austria’s matches during their successful UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, scoring in a win over Montenegro and both fixtures against neighbors Liechtenstein.
- Also, he started all but one of Austria’s qualification matches for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, only missing the game against the Republic of Ireland through suspension.
- Marko scored four goals in the 10 games, but Austria’s fourth-place finish would not be enough for qualification.
Awards and Achivements
- Serie A: 2009-2010
- Coppa Italia: 2009-2010
- UEFA Champions League: 2009-2010
- West Ham United Hammer of the Year: 2017-2018
- Austrian Footballer of the Year: 2018
Who is Marko Arnautovic Wife?
Marko Arnautovic is a married guy. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Sarah Lizakowski, who is a model and medical practitioner. They had first met when he was playing for Werder Bremen. The couple is blessed with two daughters, Emilia and Alicia. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life. Furthermore, Marko is straight by sexual orientation.
What is the Net Worth of Marko Arnautovic?
Marko Arnautovic is a versatile footballer who has a net worth of 48 million euros (40.9 Million Pound) as of 2021 whereas his market value is around 35 million Euros (29.8 Million Pound). He has also a considerable amount of salary which is around 5,146,844 pounds per year. Marko’s major source of income is from his football career. In addition, he has inked a personal endorsement deal with Puma. Because of the deal, he is required to wear Puma footwear for his professional commitments. He also uses his social media activity to promote Puma products.
How tall is Marko Arnautovic?
The height of a handsome guy, Marko Arnautovic is 6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm and his body weighs around 83 kg or 183 lbs. He has attractive dark brown hair and blue eyes color. He has inked several tattoos on his body. Marko’s body build is athletic, however, his body measurement has not been revealed yet.