An American author, as well as a motivational speaker, is named for Mary Jo Buttafuoco. Moreover, she was shot in the face by her husband’s lover, Amy Fisher in the year 1992. She s the Ex-Wife of Joey Buttafuoco who is an auto body shop owner from Long Island. She published Getting It Through My Thick Skull: Why I Stayed, What I Learned, and What Millions of People Involved with Sociopaths Need to Know in 1999.
Joey & Mary Jo Buttafuoco & Daughter Tell All Years After Amy Fisher Shooting
Joey and Mary Jo Buttafuoco and their only daughter Jessie have told all to the ABC TV show 20/20, years after Amy Fisher‘s crime. On last night’s episode, called “Growing Up Buttafuoco,” the family remembered the aftermath of Joey’s teen mistress Amy Fisher shooting Mary Jo in the head in May 1992, which sparked the notorious “Long Island Lolita” media circus. The New York auto body owner’s wife survived the attack. “Imagine the audacity of her,” Mary Jo remarked to her daughter as they returned to the old family home where Amy shot her on 20/20. “Thank God I’m still here to talk about it,” she said and hugged Jessie.
What is the birthplace of Mary Jo Buttafuoco?
On 15th May 1955, Mary Jo Buttafuoco was born as Mary Jo Connery in the USA. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is White. As of 2019, she celebrated her 64th birthday. She is Christian by religion and her horoscope sign is Taurus. There is no further information regarding her fathers, siblings, education and more but it will be added soon once we get details about it.
How tall is Mary Jo Buttafuoco?
Being at the age of sixty-four, Mary Jo Buttafuoco still looks very young and beautiful. Her body build is average. She maintains her body a lot. She has got a great height with an attractive personality attracting a lot of people towards her. Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is black. Her exact height, weight, and other body measurements are still to get unfold yet but it will be added once we get details about it.
- Mary was shot in the face by Amy Fisher on 19th May 1992.
- Amy Fisher was having an affair with Buttafuoco’s then-husband Joey at the time.
- Fisher came to Mary’s house to confront Joey with whom she had been having an affair since July 1991.
- When Mary Jo Buttafuoco answered the door, Amy Fisher offered as proof of the affair, a T-shirt that Joey had given her with the logo of his auto body shop on it.
- She turned to go into the house and call Joey when Fisher shot her in the face with a .25 caliber semiautomatic pistol.
- After gaining consciousness, she identified Fisher as her assailant from the t-shirt Fisher had shown her before the shooting.
- She was left deafened in one ear and her face partially paralyzed.
- After that, Amy Fisher was sentenced to five to 15 years in prison and she served eight years and was granted parole in May 1999.
- Joey Buttafuoco pleaded guilty to one count of statutory rape and served four months in jail.
- She and her husband moved to Southern California and stayed defensively loyal to her husband for several years.
- She also defended him when he was arrested in 1995 for sexual solicitation in Los Angeles.
- She underwent a facial reanimation procedure with facial plastic surgeon Babak Azizzadeh in the year 2006.
- These surgeries restored balance and gave her back her ability to smile.
- She also underwent physical therapy to strengthen her facial muscles, which she explained in an appearance on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- She is still paralyzed on one side of her face and deaf in one ear.
How was the Career of Mary Jo Buttafuoco after the Shooting Incident?
- Mary Jo Buttafuoco wrote a book telling her story, Getting It Through My Thick Skull: Why I Stayed, What I Learned, and What Millions of People Involved with Sociopaths Need to Know after the incident of shooting.
- She was inspired to write the book after her son referred to her ex-husband as a sociopath.
- The title of the book comes from a saying her mother often used with her, “when are you going to get it through your thick skull?”
- She describes how she felt manipulated to stay with a person who was a sociopath.
- She has used her story to raise awareness of facial paralysis.
With whom Mary Jo Buttafuoco was married to?
Mary Jo Buttafuoco is a married woman. She was married to her husband Joey Buttafuoco in the year 1977. The duo is the proud parent of two children named Paul and Jessica Buttafuoco. Later, the couple divorced in the year 2003. After that, she again married Stu Tendler in the year 2012. But he died in the year 2018 due to cancer. At present, she is living a single life without any disturbances. Moreover, she is also equally focusing on her career. Her sexual orientation is straight and she is not a gay/lesbian.
What is the Net Worth of Mary Jo Buttafuoco?
The net worth of this famous author, Mary Jo Buttafuoco will be surely in millions. She is a blessed woman and according to sources, Mary Jo Buttafuoco’s net worth is between $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2019. She earned the money being a professional Self-Help Author. Her exact salary is under review but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is earning a considerable amount of salary from her present work. Her major source of earning is from her book career. She is satisfied with whatever she is receiving. There is no information regarding her cars and lifestyle details.