Mary McCartney is a British photographer and social media personality who is well recognized as the eldest daughter of singer/songwriter and former co-lead vocalist and bassist of a well-renowned boy band, “The Beatles”, Paul McCartney, and photographer/musician, Linda McCartney. Born in a renowned family as the eldest daughter in the year 1969, Mary chose to follow the path of her mother as she chose photography instead of singing.
She is also the Global Ambassador for Meat Free Monday and Green Monday. Currently, she runs her own cooking show titled “Mary McCartney Serves It Up” where she shares her vegetarian recipes along with the stories of her father and family.
Alongside being a photographer, she is also a director, food writer, TV presenter and is quite popular on social media sites with over 212k followers on Instagram: @marymccartney.
What is Mary McCartney Famous for?
- Famous as the daughter of Paul McCartney.
Who is Paul McCartney?
Where is Mary McCartney From?
Mary McCartney was born on August 28, 1969, in London, England, UK. Her birth name is Mary Anna McCartney. Her nationality is British. McCartney belongs to White ethnicity while Virgo is her zodiac sign.
Mary McCartney was born in a well-renowned family as the eldest daughter of Paul McCartney(father) and his first wife, Linda McCartney(mother). Her father, Paul is a legendary English singer, songwriter, musician, and film producer who gained worldwide fame as the co-lead vocalist and bassist for the boy band, “The Beatles” while her mother, Linda was a popular photographer, musician, animal rights activist, and entrepreneur.
Named after her paternal grandmother, Mary McCartney, Maru was born as the first biological child of Paul and the second child of Linda. Her mother however died from breast cancer in 1998.
Her father then got married to his second wife, Heather Mills in 2003. Mary grew up along with her siblings: two half-sisters, Heather McCartney, Beatrice McCartney, a sister, Stella, and a brother, James. Her parents even formed the rock group “Wings”, with whom she and her siblings traveled the world until 1980. McCartney grew up to be a vegetarian and began to develop an interest in photography.
Mary got her first fame when she was photographed in an iconic pose with her father that even was featured on the back cover of her father’s first solo album, “McCartney”.
Mary McCartney’s Career Highlights
- Mary McCartney started her professional career as a photographer when she got appointed as photo editor for the music-book publisher Omnibus Press.
- Since the year of 1992, she began taking photographs professionally, specializing in portrait photography.
- She was even chosen to take the first official photo of the UK former prime minister, Tony Blair, and his wife, Cherie Blair with their fourth child, Leo.
- Her first public photography exhibition was titled “Off Pointe: A Photographic Study of The Royal Ballet After Hours”.
- She produced a television documentary about her father’s post-Beatles musical career, “Wingspan” in 2001.
- She also worked with the family on her mother’s legacy and photographic archive housed at her father’s company, MPL Communications.
- McCartney is also the co-founder of Meat Free Monday and a global ambassador for Green Monday and Meat Free Monday.
- She is even the author of two vegetarian cookbooks, a consultant for Linda McCartney Foods, and a guest chef on the Food Network’s Kitchen App.
- She has written and published two vegetarian cookbooks, “Food: Vegetarian Home Cooking”(2012) and “At My Table: Vegetarian Feasts for Family and Friends”(2015).
- Moreover, she has taken portraits of several renowned personalities; Sam Taylor-Wood, Ralph Fiennes, Jude Law, and of her sister Stella McCartney as well.
- She also runs her own cooking show titled “Mary McCartney Serves It Up” where she shares her vegetarian recipes along with the stories of her father and family.
Mary McCartney’s Husband
Mary McCartney has been married twice to date. Her first marriage was with director and television producer Alistair Donald. Mary was introduced to Alistair for the first time by her own brother, James in 1995. They soon began dating and after dating for almost 3 years, the couple decided to get married. Upon the death of her mother, the wedding was postponed and they got married on 26 September 1998.
A year later, on April 3, 1999, they welcomed their first ever son named Arthur Donald, the eldest of eight grandchildren of Paul McCartney. They welcomed their second son named Elliot Donald on August 1, 2002.
However, after almost 7 years of their marriage, the couple got separated in 2007 but reconciled for their sons. She soon began dating Simon Aboud, a director. Together they welcomed their first and Mary’s third son in 2008. Two years later, on June 12, 2010, Mary got married for the second time in a private ceremony in London at the Marylebone Register Office, the same location where her parents were married in 1969.
On September 3, 2011, they welcomed their second and Mary’s fourth son.
Mary McCartney’s Net Worth
Mary McCartney has quite good earnings from her career as a photographer and also as a brand ambassador of Meat Free Monday and Green Monday. She also makes money from her other professions as a director, food writer, TV presenter, and social media personality.
Her Instagram account with thousands of followers also earns her dollars. Her net worth is estimated to be around $15 million. While her father, Paul McCartney has a whopping net worth estimated to be around $1.2 billion, making him the most successful musician of all time.
Mary McCartney’s Height
Mary McCartney is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained slim body physique even in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inches. while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs).
Her body measurement is around 35-26-33 inches with a bra size of 35B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 7(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and green eyes.