Mathew Ryan is an Australian professional footballer. He is currently playing for the Danish club F.C. Copenhagen and captains the Australia national team. His playing position is the goalkeeper. He started playing youth football for Marconi Stallions, Blacktown City, and Central Coast Mariners. Then, he made his senior debut for Blacktown before moving to the Mariners’ senior squad in 2010. In 2013, Ryan moved to Club Brugge, where he played for two years before joining Valencia. Next, he played on loan with the club, Racing Genk before he joined Brighton & Hove Albion. He also played with the club, Arsenal on loan, and Real Sociedad. On 9 August 2022, Ryan joined Superliga side FC Copenhagen on a two-year contract. Internationally, he played at the 2014 and 2018 World Cups as well as the 2015 and 2019 Asian Cups, winning the Best Goalkeeper award at the 2015 tournament. He is nicknamed Mat or Maty.
What is Mathew Ryan Famous For?
- Mathew Ryan is an Australian Footballer.
- Mathew is famous for playing as a goalkeeper for the Danish club F.C. Copenhagen.
Who are Mathew Ryan’s Parents?
Mathew Ryan took birth on 8th April 1992 in Plumpton, New South Wales, Australia. He is the son of his mother, Carol Ryan, and father, David Ryan. His birth name is Mathew David Ryan. He holds British-Australian nationality and his ethnicity is Australian-White. He was born into a happy middle-class. He is the firstborn child out of two. He has a sibling whose name goes by Megan (younger sister). He once told his Instagram fans – that he spent his earliest days as a super joyous kid. He attended Westfields Sports School in Sydney. His parents enrolled him in the institution because of his football passion. He took up football at the age of four and played youth football for Blacktown City and Central Coast Mariners before making his senior debut with Blacktown City. After moving to Central Coast Mariners in 2010, Ryan moved to Club Brugge in 2013.
How was the Football career of Mathew Ryan?
- Mathew Ryan started his football career with the club, Central Coast Mariners youth team in the 2009-2010 season. He made his A-League debut for the Mariners on 28 August 2010 against Sydney FC. He continued to put in a number of strong performances in the 2011–12 A-League. The Mariners then won the 2011–12 Premiership following a win over Wellington Phoenix in the final round of the regular season.
- Ryan was central to the Mariners’ 2012–13 A-League season. The Mariners won in the 2013 A-League Grand Final over the Wanderers, their first win in their four A-League Grand Finals played.
- Matthew then moved to Club Brugge for an undisclosed fee. He made his club debut on 27th July 2013 against Sporting Charleroi.
- On 26 November 2014, it was announced that Ryan had agreed to terms with Club Brugge, to extend his contract until 2018. On 22nd March 2015, he won the Belgian Cup against Anderlecht in the final with a victory score of 2-1.
- Mathew then signed a six-year deal with La Liga side Valencia CF on 21st July 2015. He made his unofficial debut in a friendly against PSV Eindhoven on 25th July 2015. He made his La Liga debut in Valencia’s opening game against Rayo Vallecano.
Racing Genk (loan)
- On 30th January 2017, Mathew returned to Belgium after he was loaned to Racing Genk and made his debut match against Oostende on 31st January 2017.
- Later, he played a number of games for Genk in multiple competitions, with the side reaching the quarterfinals of the 2016–17 UEFA Europa League, and the final of the Belgian Europa League playoff.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- On 16th June 2017, it was announced that he would sign for the newly-promoted Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion on 1 July 2017 on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee.
- Ryan then made his debut match for the team on 12th August 2017 against Manchester City. He played in all games of the 2017-2018 season.
- Successfully, he kept his first clean sheet of the 2018–19 season in a 1–0 home win over West Ham. He made two more clean sheets in the next two games against Newcastle United and Wolves.
- Ryan made his FA Cup debut against Millwall which ended with a draw score of 2-2. In the penalty shootout, Brighton won with a score of 5-4.
Loan to Arsenal
- On 22 January 2021, Ryan joined the club, Arsenal on loan until the end of the season. He was provided jersey number 33 and made his debut match against Aston Villa on 6th February.
- Mathew Ryan then joined La Liga side Real Sociedad on undisclosed terms on 12th July 2021. He made his debut on 23 September against Granada.
- On 9th August 2022, Ryan joined Superliga side FC Copenhagen on a two-year contract.
Mathew Ryan International Career
- Mathew Ryan, as a youth, has represented his nation in the 2010-2011 A-League, and Australian U23.
- Ryan was in the Socceroos squad for a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match against Saudi Arabia in February 2012. Next on, he was selected for the squad for the second preliminary round of the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup. He made his senior international debut game in a 1–1 draw with North Korea on 5 December 2012.
- Later, he was selected in May 2014 in the Australian squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was also selected for the Australian 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad, to be played in Australia in early 2015.
- In May 2018, he was named in Australia’s 23-man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. On 15th October 2019, he captained Australia for the first time, becoming the 62nd player to captain Australia in a 7-1 win over Chinese Taipei. During this game Ryan also became Australia’s 2nd most-capped Goalkeeper with 58 caps, surpassing Zeljko Kalac.
Mathew Ryan Transfer News
- FC København on 9 Aug 2022 for the fee of 500k €
- Real Sociedad on 12 Jul 2021 for free
- Brighton & Hove Albion on 30 Jun 2021 at the end of the loan
- Arsenal on 22 Jan 2021 on loan
- Brighton & Hove Albion on 1 Jul 2017 for the fee of 6M €
- Valencia on 30 Jun 2017 at the end of the loan
- KRC Genk on 30 Jan 2017 on loan
- Valencia on 21 Jul 2015 for the fee of 7M €
- Club Brugge on 1 Jul 2013 for the fee of 125k €
- Central Coast Mariners on 30 Jun 2010 at the end of the loan
- Blacktown City FC on 1 Mar 2010 on loan
- Central Coast Mariners on 1 Apr 2009 From Blacktown City FC
Mathew Ryan Awards, Honours, and Achievements
Central Coast Mariners
- A-League Premiership: 2011–12
- A-League Championship: 2013
Belgian Cup: 2014–15
AFC Asian Cup: 2015
- PFA Footballer of the Year: 2014–15, 2018–19
- A-League Young Footballer of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12
- A-League Goalkeeper of the Year: 2011–12
- Belgium Pro League Goalkeeper of the Year: 2013–14, 2014–15
- FFA U20 Male Player of the Year: 2011, 2012
- PFA Harry Kewell Medal: 2011–12, 2013–14, 2014–15
- PFA A-League Team of the Season: 2011–12
- Joe Marston Medal: 2011
- Mariners Medal: 2011–12
- AFC Asian Cup Golden Glove: 2015
- AFC Asian Cup Dream Team: 2015
- IFFHS AFC Man Team of the Year: 2020
- IFFHS AFC Men’s Team of the Decade 2011–2020
Who is Mathew Ryan’s Wife?
Mathew Ryan is a married man. On 6th April 2011, the lovebirds tied the knot in Georgia Beach. In March 2018, the duo welcomed their sons John Matthew Ryan and Marshall Thomas Ryan. He met his girlfriend-turned-wife, Sarah Marshall in his freshman year of college. In November 2010, while on holiday for Sarah’s birthday, Ryan proposed to her. The family is living a happy life right now. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Mathew Ryan’s Net Worth?
Mathew Ryan is a professional footballer who has an estimated net worth of around $2 million as of 2022. On 9 August 2022, he joined Superliga side FC Copenhagen on a two-year contract. He will receive his annual salary of $5,205,882 in his 2022 season. His monthly income is $433,823. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. He is also making a cool sum of money through various endorsement deals, contracts, bonuses, and more. His current market value is recorded at €5 million as of November 2022 whereas his highest market value was €10 million as of June 2019. He lives a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Mathew Ryan?
Mathew Ryan is a handsome footballer who stands at the perfect height of 1.84 m. His well-maintained body weight consists of 82 kg. He has got an athletic body type. He has inked tattoos on his body as well. He has brown eyes with short-length dark brown hair.
Leave a Reply