Megan Hilty is an American actress and singer who rose to fame after her breakthrough performance as Glinda the Good Witch in Broadway musical, “Wicked”. Hilty has been working in the entertainment field for the past 14 years since 2005. Hilty has also gained fame with her portrayal as Ivy Lynn on the musical-drama series, “Smash” and as Liz on the sitcom, “Sean Saves the World”.
What is Megan Hilty Famous for?
- Famous as Glinda the Good Witch in Broadway musical, “Wicked”.
Where is Megan Hilty From?
Megan Hilty was born on March 29, 1981, in Bellevue, Washington, United States. His birth name is Megan Kathleen Hilty. Hilty’s nationality is American. Hilty belongs to White ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Hilty is the daughter of Jack Hilty(father) and Donna Hilty(mother). Hilty had a great interest in music mainly for performing at operas as she began taking vocal lessons at an early age of 12.
She was raised in her hometown where she attended Sammamish High School and then later she got transferred to the Washington Academy of Performing Arts Conservatory High School in Redmond.
Later she graduated from Chrysalis School, Woodinville and then from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama in 2004. Hilty is a recipient of the National Society of Arts and Letters Award for Excellence in Musical Theater. Hilty was also a member of the Actors’ Equity Association.
Megan Hilty Career Highlights
- Megan Hilty started her professional career as a child artist playing Jessica in the television film, “The X-Files” in 1995.
- Hilty made her first Broadway debut as Glinda the Good Witch in Broadway musical, “Wicked” on May 31, 2005.
- Hilty appeared as Mary in the stage show, “Vanities” and then as Ruthie in the film, “What Happens Next” in 2010.
- Hilty also made guest appearances on various television shows including “The Closer”, “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody”, “Ugly Betty”, “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”, “Desperate Housewives”, and “Shark”.
- She was the singing voice of Snow White in the animated feature film, “Shrek the Third”(2007).
- Hilty appeared in the musical adaptation of the 1980 film, “9 to 5” in 2008.
- Hilty appeared in an episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation titled “Deep Fried and Minty Fresh” in 2009.
- She also appeared in “Desperate Housewives” and in “Rated RSO: The Music and Lyrics” in 2009.
- Hilty was cast in the NBC musical-drama series, “Smash” on February 6, 2012.
- Hilty appeared as Lorelei Lee in musical, “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” in May 2012.
- On March 12, 2013, Hilty released her debut solo album titled “It Happens All the Time”.
- Hilty starred in NBC sitcom, “Sean Saves the World” alongside Sean Hayes in 2013.
- Hilty returned to Broadway in the revival of “Noises Off” in 2015.
- She appeared with a recurring role as Charlene on the series, “Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce” in 2015.
- On July 7, 2016, Hilty appeared at the Forest Hills Stadium, Queens alongside Matthew Morrison for an evening with The New York Pops.
- The lifetime television movie, “Patsy & Loretta” explores the real-life friendship between country music icons Megan Hilty as Patsy Cline and Jessie Mueller, as Loretta Lynn.
Who is Megan Hilty Married to?
Megan Hilty has married twice throughout her life until date. Hilty was previously married to actor, Steve Kazee. The couple got married in 2005 and after living for almost 7 years together, the couple got divorced in 2012. Later, on November 2, 2013, Hilty got married to her second husband an actor, Brian Gallagher. The couple got married in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The couple is blessed with two children: a daughter, Viola Philomena Gallagher born on September 18, 2014, and a son Ronan Gallagher born on March 13, 2017. Currently, Hilty is living a great life with her husband and children in Los Angeles.
What is the Net Worth of Megan Hilty?
Megan Hilty has quite a great earning through her professional career as an actress and singer. Hilty has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through her several appearances in movies, series, and songs. Hilty currently enjoys her fortune which is estimated to be around $2 million.
Hilty has an earning of annual salary worth of $235 thousand. With the fortune in million dollars and with the addition of fortune of her husband, she has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Megan Hilty?
The 37 years old Megan Hilty is a very beautiful white lady with a great charming personality. Hilty stands tall with a height of 5ft. 3inch.(1.67m) while her body weighs around 59kg. Hilty has a maintained body physique with a measurement of 38-27-36 inches with 36 B as her bra size, 7.5(US) as her shoe size and 8(US) as dress size.
Hilty has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.