Melanie Hamrick is an American choreographer and former ballerina at the American Ballet Theatre, from which she retired in 2019 after 15 years. She is known for her relationship with singer and actor Mick Jagger. She debuts a ballot based on Rolling Stones songs in Russia. She has masterminded the productions featuring “Sympathy for the Devil”, “Paint it Black”, and “She’s a Rainbow”. At the age of eighteen, she signed her first dance contract in a Balanchine ballet.
What is Melanie Hamrick Famous For?
- Being an American ballet dancer.
- For her work with the ‘American Ballet Theatre group and her teacher; Mme Sizova.
Who are Melanie Hamrick Parents?
Melanie Hamrick took birth on 17th July 1987. She is from Williamsburg, Virginia, the USA. She holds American nationality and her ethnic background is American-White. Her present age is 35 as of 2022. About her parents, she was born to her father, John, and her mother, Anne Hamrick. Her father was an Engineering Firm Director and her mother is a housewife. Her dad, John died due to cancer in June 2015. She has two siblings; Rachel Hamrick (sister) and Chris Hamrick (brother) with whom she grew up. She attended Eastern Virginia School. Her ballet training began at a young age at the Eastern Virginia School for the Performing Arts. She trained for five years at the Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington, D.C., where she studied under rigorous and demanding teachers.
Melanie Hamrick Career Timeline
- Melanie Hamrick began dancing at an early age.
- She has participated in the summer intensive programs at the School of American Ballet for years.
- In addition, she has performed in the 11th season of ‘Swan Lake’ at the Metropolitan Opera.
- Melanie was 12 years old when she took part in the competition called the “Youth America Grand Prix”.
- She continued with the American Ballet Theatre until she joined the company as a member of the corps de ballet in April 2004 at the age of 17.
- She recalls the experience as follows: “I had been sheltered in this boarding school for 6 years, dancing morning until night, and suddenly I was in New York City dancing for ABT […] *I didn’t even have a debit card. I never even bought milk.”*
- After that, she signed her first ballet contract with Balanchine ballet.
- She has also performed in several notable ballet routines for ABT which include ‘Sylvia,’ ‘Les Sylphides,’ ‘The Sleeping Beauty,’ ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ ‘The Nutcracker,’ ‘Lady of the Camellias,’ and ‘Don Quixote.’
- Not only this but also she received praise for her featured roles in ballets like ‘From Here On Out,’ ‘Everything Doesn’t Happen at Once,’ ‘Duets,’ ‘Gong,’ ‘After You,’ and ‘AfterEffect’ (2015).
- She was trained using the “Refined Method”. She says: “Our work environment is already intense. If you make your eating intense, it’s too much, especially since you’re looking at your body all day in the mirrors.”
- She also debuted a ballet in Russia in April 2019; it was based on Rolling Stones songs. The performance premiers in the United States at the YAGP gala at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts on April 18 and April 19, 2019.
- In 2019, Melanie made her debut as a choreographer.
Who is Melanie Hamrick Husband?
Melanie Hamrick is currently in a happy relationship with her handsome partner/boyfriend, Sir Michael Philip Jagger (Mick Jagger). Mick Jagger is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and film producer by profession. Mich is the lead singer and one of the founder members of the Rolling Stones. Since 2014, they are together. They are also the proud parents of a son namely, Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger. In December 2020, Mick bought Melanie a Mansion in Florida for an astonishing $2 million. The couple is enjoying their present life happily. She is more than 40 years his junior to Mick Jagger. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, she got engaged to Cuban dancer José Manuel Carreño in the month of May 2011. Later, the couple announced that they were to get married on March 15, 2013, but things did not go as planned, and was finally called off in the year 2014.
How much is Melanie Hamrick Net Worth?
Melanie Hamrick is a successful ballet dancer who has accumulated a net worth of $7 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from the dance profession. Her exact salary is still to get unfolded yet. She is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Melanie Hamrick?
Melanie Hamrick is a beautiful dancer. She stands tall at the height of 5 ft 6 in or 1.67 m with a balanced body weight of 58 Kg or 132 lbs. Her body measurements are 34-25-35 in (breast-waist-hip). Her bra size is 33B. Her shoe size is 6.5 US. Her eye color and hair color, are dark brown. Her body build is athletic.