Michael Monroe Lewis, popularly known as Michael Lewis is an American author and financial journalist. Lewis writes on business, finance, and economics and is known for his coverage of financial crises and behavioral finance. He has been a contributing editor to Vanity Fair since 2009. He has written over 20 books and is a New York Times Bestsellers Lists. He has won two Los Angeles Times Book Prizes and three Gerald Loeb Awards.
What is Michael Lewis Famous For?
- His coverage of financial crises and behavioral finance.
- New York Bestselling author.
Where is Michael Lewis From?
Michael Lewis was born on 15 October 1960. His birth name is Michael Monroe Lewis. His birth place is in New Orleans, Louisiana in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, J. Thomas Lewis, and his mother, Diane Monroe Lewis. He belongs to the white ethnicity. He is an atheist. His zodiac sign is Libra.
Regarding his educational background, Lewis attended Isidore Newman School. He then attended Princeton University, from where he graduated cum laude with a B.A. in art and archaeology in 1982. He later enrolled at the London School of Economics. He earned his Master’s degree in economics in 1985.
Michael Lewis Career
- After graduating from Princeton, he worked with New York City art dealer Daniel Wildenstein with the aim to become an art historian.
- After his MA degree, he was hired by Salomon Brothers to work at its London office as a bond salesman, where he worked for few years.
- He eventually went on to establish himself as one of the best authors, writing on subjects related to business, finance, and economics.
- He is known for his nonfiction work, specifically his coverage of financial crises and behavioral finance.
- He has been a contributing editor to Vanity Fair since 2009.
- He won Gerald Loeb Award Honorable Mention for Magazines for “In Nature’s Casino” in 2008.
- He won Gerald Loeb Award for Feature Writing for “The End” in 2009.
- He won Gerald Loeb for Feature Writing for “Wall Street on the Tundra” in 2010.
- He wrote his first book, Liar’s Poker, published in 1989.
- He has written over 20 books to date.
- His last book titled The Premonition: A Pandemic Story was published in 2021.
- He is on the New York Times Bestsellers Lists.
- His books have won two Los Angeles Times Book Prizes.
- His 2006 book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game was his first book to be adapted into a film, The Blind Side.
- His books The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine and Moneyball were also later adapted into movies.
Who is Michael Lewis Wife?
Michael Lewis has been married three times. His first marriage was to Diane de Cordova Lewis, whom he married in 1985. After his divorce from Diane, he married Kate Bohner who was his former CNBC correspondent. They married in 1994. However, they divorced a couple of years later. Lewis married his third wife, Tabitha Soren in 1997. Soren is a former MTV repoter. The couple shared three children together, Quinn Tallulah, Dixie, and Walker Jack. One of Lewis’s kids, Dixie died after she collided with a semi-truck near Truckee, California in May 2021.
How Tall is Michael Lewis?
Michael Lewis stands around the height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of around 172 lbs i.e. 78 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Michael Lewis Salary and Net Worth?
Michael Lewis is one of the popular authors who writes mostly on business, finance, and economics. He has worked with The New York Times, The Spectator, Bloomberg, and The New Republic. He is a contributing editor to Vanity Fair since 2009. His income comes from his writing career. He has written over 20 books and is one of the New York Times bestsellers. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $25 million.