Місhеllе Rоdrіguеz іѕ аn American асtrеѕѕ who rose the fаmе frоm thе blосkbuѕtеr fіlm “Gіrlfіght” whichrеlеаѕеd іn thе уеаr 2000. Тhе fіlm hаd rесеіvеd іmmеnѕе рrаіѕе аnd hаd еvеntuаllу lеd hеr tо wіn ѕеvеrаl аwаrdѕ. After that, She appeared with a stunning role in the eminent film “The Fast And The Furious” in the year 2001, in which she had continued to perform to date. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Michelle Rodriguez famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her breakout role as a troubled boxer in the independent film Girlfight (2000).
What is Michelle Rodriguez’s nationality?
Recalling her early life, Michelle was born in San Antonio, Texas, the U.S to her parents, Rafael Rodriguez and Carmen Milady Pared in the year 1978 which ages her 41 years old at present. Also, she has two siblings named Raul Rodriguez and Omar Rodriguez. Similarly, she is of American nationality and belongs to Hispanic (Mixed) ethnicity. Her birth sign is Cancer and she seems to be non-religious.
For education, She attended various schools, but was always the result was the same expulsion. She was expelled from 5 different schools but somehow managed to earn her GED. She also enrolled herself in a business school but later quit it soon to pursue a career in acting.
When did Michelle Rodriguez begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Michelle got her first role in a low-budget film ‘Girlfight’ in 2000 after beating 350 other applicants.
- She played many important roles in successful movies over the ensuing years. One of them was the action crime film ‘The Fast and the Furious’ in 2001 as Letty which was highly appreciated.
- In 2002, She played the role of Rain Ocampo in the science fiction action horror film ‘Resident Evil.’
- Then, She did ‘Blue Crush’ a sports film in 2002, and ‘S.W.A.T’, a 2003 American action crime thriller film.
- In 2004, she voiced-over in the video game ‘Halo 2’, playing a marine. She also lent her voice to Liz Ricarro in the Cartoon Network series ‘IGPX’.
- Later, She did ‘Lost’, a television series from 2005 to 2006. She appeared in the second season of the show, in which she played a tough cop, Ana Lucia Cortez.
- She also did a cameo in the second episode of the fifth season called ‘The Lie’, in 2009.
- Then, She appeared in another episode of the show called ‘What They Died For’ in 2010 as well.
- In 2006, she appeared in an episode of G4’s show ‘Icons,’ a documentary TV show.
- In 2008, she appeared in ‘Battle in Seattle’, a political drama, opposite Charlize Theron and Woody Harrelson.
- In 2009, she starred in the fourth installment of ‘The Fast and the Furious’ film series called ‘Fast & Furious’.
- That same year, she was featured in a high-budget sci-fi movie ‘Avatar’.
- She also featured in ‘Trópico de Sangre,’ an independent film based on the Mirabal sisters the same year.
- In 2010, she appeared in Robert Rodriguez’s action film ‘Machete’. The next year, she did the science fiction film ‘Battle: Los Angeles’ with Aaron Eckhart.
- In 2012, she returned as Rain Ocampo in the science fiction action horror film ‘Resident Evil: Retribution’.
- In 2013, she repeated her roles as Letty in ‘Fast & Furious 6’, and Luz/ Shé in ‘Machete Kills’.
- The same year, she is working on scriptwriting on several projects, including a drug drama, a family adventure film, and a female-oriented period film.
- In 2015, she appeared in ‘Furious 7’, and she also voiced-over for ‘Smurfs: The Lost Village’ in 2017.
- Her other notable films and TV series are 3 A.M. (2001), Punk’d (2005), Gardens of the Night (2008), Avatar (2009), Fast Five (2011), Germany’s Next Top Model (2012), InAPPropriate Comedy (2013), Running Wild with Bear Grylls (2015), Widows (2018), and Alita: Battle Angel (2019).
- Her upcoming projects are F9, She Dies Tomorrow, and Dreamland which is currently post-production phase.
- She also appeared the video games like True Crime: Streets of LA (2003), Driver 3 (2004), James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game (2009), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012), and Fast & Furious Crossroads.
- Besides these, she also appeared the music videos like “I Can Do Too”, “Always on Time”, “If I Could Fall in Love”, “Confident”, and “Nice for What.”
Michelle Rodriguez Awards
Throughout her career, Michelle was won 8 awards out of 24 nominations in the different categories which are listed below:
- Deauville Film Festival – Best Female Performance (2001)
- Independent Spirit Award – Best Debut Performance (2001)
- National Board of Review Award – Best Breakthrough Performance by an Actress (2001)
- Gotham Award – Breakthrough Actor (2001)
- Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award – Best Female Newcomer (2001)
- Imagen Foundation Award – Best Supporting Actress in a Film (2002)
- Screen Actors Guild Award – Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (2005)
- Chinese American Film Festival – Golden Angel for Best Leading Actress of the Year (2015)
Michelle Rodriguez Dating
Reflecting on her personal life, Michelle has never been married. She was previously engaged to a Muslim boyfriend whose name was not disclosed. However, she broke up her engagement in early 2000 due to the opposite religious beliefs.
After that, she dated several celebrities like Vin Diesel (2001), Colin Farrell (2002-03), Olivier Martinez (2003), Kristanna Loken (2006-07), Cara Delevingne (2014), and Zac Efron (2014). Also, she rumored to date several celebrities like Jesse Jane (2003-05) and Lenny Kravitz (2005).
Also, she described herself as bisexual in her interview. She said, “I fall under the B category of LGBT.” As of now, she possibly single.
What are the legal issues of Michelle Rodriguez?
There are many legal issues she faced in her life which is listed below:
- In 2002, she was arrested for assaulting her roommate, but later the charges were dropped, as the roommate didn’t want to take up the allegations in court.
- In 2003, she was again faced with eight charges related to driving, including a hit and run case and drunken driving. However, in 2004, she pleaded no contest to three of the charge; hit and run, driving under influence, and driving with a wrong license.
- Eventually, she went to prison for 48 hours and performed community service at the morgues of two hospitals in New York. She also had to do a three-month alcohol rehabilitation program and was finally placed on probation for three years.
- In 2005, Honolulu police arrested her for violating speed limits, and also for drunken driving.
- In 2006, she was found guilty for drunken driving and was bailed out with US$500 fine. She also had to be in prison for five days.
- Again, for violating her probation in Los Angeles, she was sentenced to two months in prison and had to complete a 30-day alcohol rehabilitation program. She also did 30 days of community service. However, since the prison was overcrowded, she was released from prison the same day she entered.
- In 2007, she was again sentenced for 180 days in jail, for not completing her community service, but she was released after 18 days as the jail was overcrowded.
What is Michelle Rodriguez’s Net Worth?
Being an actress, Michelle has an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $3 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed. Further, She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
How tall is Michelle Rodriguez?
Observing her body physics, Michelle stands a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 55 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, her body measures around 34-25-34 inches and she used 32B bra size. Additionally, she used a 6 (US) dress size and 7 (US) shoe size.