Miguel Angel Almiron Rejala famed as Miguel Almiron is a Paraguayan footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for Newcastle United and the Paraguay national team. He began his career at Cerro Porteno and transferred to Lanus in 2015. After winning the 2016 Argentine Primera Division, he signed for Atlanta United FC for $8 million. He made his international debut for Paraguay in 2015 and represented the country at the Copa América in 2016 and 2019.
Miguel Almiron shows Joelinton how to impress Newcastle United fans
Joelinton only needs to look at what Miguel Almiron did during his own goal drought to realize he can make an impact without scoring. When Miguel Almiron ended his Newcastle United goal drought against Crystal Palace last month, Joelinton was among the first to leap off the substitutes’ bench. The Brazilian, who had been taken off six minutes previously, clenched his fist in celebration and took a few steps forward towards the touchline. Although he only had to wait for three games for his first competitive goal for the Magpies, against Spurs, Joelinton knew what Almiron was experiencing as his team-mate whipped off his shirt and made a beeline for the Gallowgate End.
- Playing for Newcastle United.
- Being the key player win the 2016 Argentine Primera Division.
What is the birthplace of Miguel Almiron?
Miguel Almiron was born on 10th February 1994 in Asuncion, Paraguay as Miguel Ángel Almirón Rejala. As of 2019, he celebrated his 25th birthday. Currently, there is no any information about Miguel’s family and siblings. His nationality is Paraguayan and his ethnicity is Mixed. He grew up in an impoverished family where his father worked 18-hour shifts as a security guard and his mother worked in a supermarket. The seven members of his household slept in three bedrooms, and he had to share a bed with his mother until he was 18. Further information on his educational background is currently not available. He is Christian by religion.
How was the Career of Miguel Almiron?
- Miguel Almiron first started playing football as a youth player.
- He started his journey of football with the club Nacional where he gave his first trial at the age of 14.
- He then signed the contract with the club Cerro Porteno as a youth player in 2008.
- He played for five years a youth player and eventually made his debut with Cerro Porteno’s first team on 10 March 2013.
- His first match was against Deportivo Capiata where he scored his first goal against club Rubio Nu on 19 April 2013 which is a month later after his first match.
- He then signed for the Argentine Primera Division Club Lanus and played a pivotal role to win the title in the year 2016 under the manager Jorge Almiron in August 2015.
- He was offered a contract by one of the MLS team Atlanta United and signed a contract on 5 December 2016.
- He was the important player for the team Atlanta United and was described as a “heartbeat” of the team and he scored his first goal on the 12th march against the fellow MLS newcomer Minnesota United.
- He scored the second hattrick in the club history against Houston Dynamo on 20th May.
- After helping Atlanta to the MLS Cup 2018 he signed for Newcastle for £21 million, a club record and the highest fee for an MLS player.
- During a match against Southampton on 20 April, he was tackled by James Ward-Prowse and suffered a hamstring injury that ruled him out for the rest of the season.
- He scored his first Premier League goal on 21 December 2019 in a 1–0 victory over Crystal Palace.
- He scored his second goal for the club in an FA Cup tie against Rochdale that would end up in an eventual 1-1 draw.
- He made his international debut for Paraguay in 2015 and represented the country at the Copa America in 2016 and 2019.
Who is the Girlfriend of Miguel Almiron?
Almiron is not married yet but he is currently dating a girl named Alexia Notto. The Couple seems to be dating happily as Miguel keeps posting a picture of him with his girlfriend in one of his social media account Instagram. There is no information about how the duo met but they are enjoying their life a lot.
What is the Net Worth of Miguel Almiron?
Miguel Almiron is a very successful football player. He is among the highest-paid Atlanta United player. He is a 12th highest-paid player in Major Soccer League (MLS) history. His net worth is believed to have $9 Million as of 2020. His base salary is estimated to be $1,912,500.00. According to the recent stat, he is making about $209,000 per goal created. In addition, he earns from sponsorships and endorsements as well. His source of money is from a football career and he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Miguel Almiron?
Miguel Almiron is a very handsome person with a height of 5 feet 9 inches. His weight and other body measurements have not been revealed by any sources yet but it will be added soon. His body build is athletic. His hair color and eye color, both is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.