Mikael Daez is a Filipino commercial model, actor, news anchor, Television presenter, and youtube blogger who got recognition for his debut role of Lumad in the 2011 Philippine television historical drama “Amaya”. He also got nominated for a 2011 Golden Screen TV Award for Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by an Actor for his debut role in Amaya. Daez also appeared in the role of Ricardo in the Philippine drama film “Temptation Island(2011)” which is the remake of the 1980s hit film “Temptation Island”. He is currently signed to the Philippine talent agency “GMA Artist Center”. Daez also ranked at no. 62 on the 2011 list of 100 Sexiest Men in the Philippines.
He is also popular for being the husband of the Filipino model and actress, Megan Young who is mostly known for being the winner of Miss World 2013 and the Miss World Philippines 2013. Besides, the couple privately dated each other for 6 years and tied the knot for the first time on January 10, 2020, followed by a grand official wedding on January 25, 2020.
He is active in the social media platform with around 709k followers on his Instagram account: @mikaeldaez and has around 203k followers on his Twitter: @mikaeldaez. He also has a youtube channel of his own name “Mikael Daez” which has around 234k subscribers. He uploads his vlogs on his youtube channel.
What is Mikael Daez famous for?
- Famous as a Filipino commercial model, actor, and Television presenter
- Known for his starring role of Lumad in the 2011 Philippine television historical drama “Amaya”.
Where is Mikael Daez from?
Mikael Daez was born on January 6, 1988, in Manila, Philippines. His birth name is Mikael Banzon Daez. Filipino is his nationality. His ethnicity is Asian. He is Christian by religion. He was born with Turas as his zodiac sign.
He was born as one of the ninth children of Leo Diaz(father) and Monique Banzon-Daez(mother). His younger sister, Bea Dez is a graduate of the University of the Philippines who currently works as a female basketball commentator for UAAP Men’s & Women’s Basketball. He was raised in his hometown, Manila along with his 8 siblings. He did his schooling from a local school. Later, he attended the Ateneo de Manila University and got graduated with a degree in business management. Then, he moved to Philadelphia to pursue his career in modeling.
Mikael Daez Career: Highlights
- Mikael Daez started his professional career as a model by doing modeling in various advertisements and projects.
- He continued his career by being the main model for Vidanes Celebrity Marketing.
- Then, he signed with Philipinnes talent network “GMA Network”.
- With his handsome face, the network made him audition for a role in the network’s production film
- Daez rose to fame in 2011 after he appeared in his debut acting role of Lumad in the Philippine drama film “Amaya”.
- He received a nomination for the 2011 Golden Screen TV awards for Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by an Actor Nominee for Amaya.
- Since then, he has appeared in many Philippine movies like “My Beloved”, “Adarna”, “Blood in Dispute”, “My Faithful Husband”, and “Alyas Robinhood”.
- He also portrayed the role of Bernie in the Philippine television comedy series “Ismol Family” from 2014-2016.
- He appeared in the role of William Benitez in the Philippine drama series “Ang Lihim Ni Annasandra”.
- As a TV presenter, he appearing in the Philippine sketch comedy show “Bubble Gang” from 2012-2019.
- Daez played the role of Ricardo in the Philippine drama film “Temptation Island(2011)” which is the remake of the 1980s hit film “Temptation Island”.
- He also appeared as Francis Almeda in the 2018 drama series “The Stepdaughter”.
- At present, he is portraying the role of Nikolai Gonzales in the 2020 Philippine television drama romance series “Love of Life”.
- The series premiered on February 3, 2020.
- GMA Network broadcasts the series and the series is streaming online on Youtube.
Mikael Daez Wife
Mikael Daez is a married man. Daez is married to his longtime girlfriend, Megan Young. Young is a model and actress who is well known for being the winner of the Miss World 2013 and the Miss World Philippines 2013. Furthermore, she is also the first Filipina to win the title of Miss World.
They privately dated each other for six years and Daez finally revealed his relationship with Young in February 2017. They didn’t make their relationship public due to their work commitments. On January 25, 2020, the couple got married officially in a grand wedding ceremony attended by almost all of their friends and relatives, held at a church in Subic Bay. They shared their photos of their wedding ceremony on Saturday on their social media accounts. This was their second marriage as they previously had got married back on January 10, 2020, in a private wedding ceremony attended by only 10 people.
At present, the couple is living a happy life together. Young is also often seen in Daez’s daily blogs which he posts on the youtube channel of his own name. In his youtube channel, he uploads his blogs and his daily workouts.
Mikael Daez Net Worth
Mikael Daez has earned a good amount of income from his profession as a model and actor. Having started his career in 2011, he has been able to amass a healthy net worth of $1.5 million as of 2020. He also earns additional income from his youtube channel. His net worth includes all his property and his present earnings. Overall, he is living a luxurious lifestyle with his earnings,
Mikael Daez Height
Mikael Daez is a good looking man in his early 30s. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of black eyes. He stands at a height of 6ft(1.83m) and has a bodyweight of 65kg. He has a good muscular body. He wears a shoe of size 7(US).