Milan Borjan is a professional soccer player. He currently plays as a goalkeeper for Red Star Belgrade. In his international career, he has represented the Canadian national team since 2011. He is the first-choice goalkeeper for the Canadian national team and among the oldest goalkeeper to play in the Serbian league.
After the failed campaign with the South American junior side, he returned to Serbia in January 2009, signing with the Belgrade Serbian SuperLiga club FK Rad. He made his breakthrough with the Bulgarian club PFC Ludogorets Razgrad after signing on 12 September 2014. He was selected for the Canadian national team for the 2022 world cup squad but his team failed to advance to the round of 16 due to straight two losses.
Where was Milan Borjan born?
Milan Borjan was born on 23rd October 1987 in Knin, a city in the Šibenik-Knin County of Croatia (then SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia). His birth name is Milan Borjan. He holds a Serbian nationality and belongs to the Serb ethnicity. His star sign is Scorpio. He is a follower of Christianity.
Borjan was born into a middle-class family at the time of the Croatian war of Independence (1991 to 1995). His father’s name is Boško while his mother’s name is Mirjana Borjan. He grew up with his younger brother, Nikola, who is also a footballer and plays as a goalkeeper.
When Borjan was twelve, his parents relocated to Canada to escape the war settling in Hamilton, Ontario where he attended the nearby Glendale Secondary School.
What team does Milan Borjan play for?
Borjan begins his football career playing for the youth side of Dinara Knin at a very young age in the early 1990s. After his immigration to Canada, he played for the junior side of the local football team East Hamilton SC and Mount Hamilton SC in the early 2000s.
Club Nacional (Uruguay)
- In 2006, he flew to Montevideo, Uruguay to play for the youth side of Club Nacional de Football.
- In January 2009, Borjan returned to Serbia signing with the Belgrade Serbian SuperLiga club FK Rad.
- In September 2011, he was transferred to the Turkish Super Liga side Sivasspor FC.
- In 2012, he was loaned to the Romanian club SC Vaslui.
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad
- On 12th September 2014, he signed up for the Bulgarian club PFC Ludogorets Razgrad.
- On 2nd June 2015, Borjan joined the Bulgarian A Football Group of Ludogorets.
- On 15 February 2017, Borjan was loaned to the Ekstraklasa club Korona Kielce through the end of the season.
Red Star Belgrade
- On 24th July 2017, Borjan signed a three-year contract with the Serbian club Red Star Belgrade.
- In July 2022, despite earlier talk of retirement after his current deal ended, Borjan signed a contract extension until 2026.
Milan Borjan International Career
- Borjan join the Canadian national team for the first time in 2010.
- He made his international debut in an exhibition game against Greece in February 2011.
- Since the end of 2012, Borjan has been Canada’s starting goalkeeper, named to the final squad in the 2013, 2017, and 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Borjan remained Canada’s starting goalkeeper for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
Milan Borjan transfer news
- Transfer to the Turkish club Sivasspor in 2011.
- Signed for the Bulgarian club PFC Ludogorets Razgrad on 12 September 2014.
- signed a one-year contract with SuperLiga club FK Radnički Niš on 15 February 2015.
- signed a three-year contract with the Red star Belgrade club on 24th July 2017.
Milan Borjan’s Awards and Achievement
Red Star Belgrade
- Serbian Cup: 2020–21, 2021–22
- Serbian SuperLiga: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21, 2021–22
- Bulgarian First League: 2014–15, 2015–16
Who is Milan Borjan’s wife?
Milan Borjan has been married to his gorgeous wife Snezana Filipovic. Snezana is a former marketing director of FK Partizan and sister of Nenad Filipović. The couple has been together for more than 4 years as of 2022. The couple must have met during their professional work.
They got married in 2018 in a small wedding attended by their family, friends, and relatives. As of now, the couple has become parents of their adorable son named Filipe who is about 6 years old at present. He was born on November 18 of 2016.
How much is Milan Borjan worth?
As of November 2022, the net worth of Milan Borjan is estimated to be US $5 million. Currently playing for the prestigious Serbian club Red Star Belgrade, the goalkeeper earns around $ 1 million per year.
The football star hasn’t lack behind in living a moderate lifestyle through his decent earnings. He owns a beautiful mansion in Hamilton, Canada. The player drives Hyundai, and Audi brand cars.
How tall is Milan Borjan?
Milan Borjan is a good-looking footballer with a very tall height of 6 ft 5 inches and a weight of around 84 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep himself fit and active. He has a short-cropped haircut that is black in color. His eyes color are Hazel blue.
He always does heavy exercise which includes weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others. He arrives every morning at the Red Star Belgrade FC football training center for warm-ups and training.
Leave a Reply