Mischa Anne Marsden Barton, more popularly known by the name, Mischa Barton is an English film, television, and stage actress who is well recognized for her role as Marissa Cooper in the American television series, “The O.C”. Having her career started at age of 8 with her stage appearance in the 1994 play, “Slavs!”, Barton has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the charismatic and popular actresses in her 3-decade long career run.
With her screen debut in “All My Children” in 1996, Mischa got her first major role in “Lawn Dogs” and since then she has appeared in dozens of movies and series even winning several awards and nominations. Some of her film credits include; “Lost and Delirious”(2001), “Closing the Ring”(2007), and “Assassination of a High School President”(2008).
With her charismatic and sizzling performances, Barton has managed to come a long way up that she even won the InStyle “icon of the year” award in 2008. She is also a spokesperson for the SAFE (Skin Awareness for Everyone) campaign in 2007. Besides, she is active in social media sites with over 469k followers on her Instagram: @mischabarton and over 85k followers on Twitter: @MischaBarton.
What is Mischa Barton famous for?
- Famous as a triple nationality holding actress Mischa Barton.
- Known for her role as Marissa Cooper in the television series, “The O.C”.
When is Mischa Barton from?
Mischa Barton was born on January 24, 1986, in the city of Hammersmith, London, England. Her birth name is Mischa Anne Marsden Barton. Though born in England, she has a triple nationality of English, American, and Irish. Barton belongs to mixed ethnicity while Aquarius is her zodiac sign.
Born as the eldest daughter to her parents, Paul Marsden Barton(father) and Nuala Quinn Barton(mother), Mischa grew up in her hometown until she turned 5 when her family had to relocate to New York City because of her father’s work. Her Irish mother, Nuala is a popular film producer, talent manager, and a former model who is well known for producing films; “Homecoming”, “Goodbye Christopher Robin” while her English father, Paul is a foreign exchange broker from Manchester. Even her maternal grandfather was an Irish language professor at Queen’s University Belfast.
Mischa grew up alongside her two sisters, younger Hania Barton and elder Zoe, a barrister initially in London where she briefly attended St. Paul’s Girls’ School. When she turned 20, she became a naturalized citizen of the United States alongside holding her British and Irish citizenship at the same time.
She graduated from the Professional Children’s School in Manhattan in 2004 following which she even took a summer short course called Acting Shakespeare at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Belonging to a family with already a background of entertainment through her mother, Mischa started her acting career at an early age of 8 when she co-starred in the Off-Broadway premiere of the 1994 play, “Slavs!”. She even played a lead role in James Lapine’s “Twelve Dreams” at the time. She was just 10 when she was offered a supporting role in Catherine Butterfield’s “Where the Truth Lies”.
Mischa Barton’s Career Highlights
- Mischa Barton began her professional career initially as a stage actress and then making her first television appearance playing the role of young Corvina Lang in flashbacks in the soap opera, “All My Children” in 1994.
- She made her film debut with “Lawn Dogs” playing the role of Devon Stockard in 1997.
- Her performance was praised which even led the movie to win several awards at film festivals.
- She then appeared in two critically and commercially successful movies, “Notting Hill” and “The Sixth Sense” both in 1999.
- In 2001, she starred in the independent Canadian drama, “Lost and Delirious”.
- The same year, she starred in “Julie Johnson” and “Tart”.
- She earned worldwide recognition when she was cast as Marissa Cooper in the popular teen television series, “The O.C.” in 2003. The show ran for a total of 4 seasons till 2007 earning Mischa much fame and popularity.
- In 2006, she appeared as a guest host on the British comedy variety show, “The Friday Night Project”.
- In 2007, she appeared in the films, “The Oh in Ohio”, the comedy film, “Virgin Territory” alongside her role as Young Ethel Ann in “Closing the Ring”.
- It was the year when she appeared in “ST. Trinians” and “You and I”.
- She gave a captivating performance in a comedy film, “Assassination of a High School President” in 2008.
- She then starred in the horror film, “Walled In” in 2009.
- The same year of 2009, she appeared in “Homecoming”, “Don’t Fade Away”, “Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain”.
- She also starred as one of the main characters on The CW’s series, “The Beautiful Life”(2009).
- Since 2010, she has mainly filmed horror and thriller projects, “The Sibling”, “Cyberstalker”, “Apartment 1303 3D” and “Into the Dark”.
- She made her stage return in an Irish production of “Steel Magnolias”, playing Shelby in 2012.
- In 2016, she competed on the 22nd season of “Dancing with the Stars” in which she finished up in 11th position.
- For her role as Kat in the independent drama, “Starcrossed”(2012), Barton earned furthermore praise and popularity.
- She played a soulful performance as Jae in the psychological thriller film, “Deserted” in 2016.
- She was cast in “The Cat and the Moon”, the directorial debut of Alex Wolff in 2018.
- She appeared in a reboot of The Hills entitled “The Hills: New Beginnings” in 2019.
- Besides, she has modeled for several popular companies Calvin Klein, Bebe stores, Aéropostale, Monsoon Accessorize, Dooney & Bourke, JC (Jeans and Clothes).
Mischa Barton’s Dating and Relationship
Mischa Barton is currently in a relationship with her boyfriend, Gian Marco Flamini. Flamini is an American photographer with whom she began dating in September 2020. The couple was spotted out grabbing dinner and watching the sunset at Griffith Observatory following which they even went on a trip to Big Bear.
Before Flamini, she dated James Abercrombie, an Australian model which lasted for some months until their break-up in 2019. Other of her relationships include; Brandon Jack James(2004-2005), Alfred Adler(2005-2007), Ali Love(2010-12), and Sebastian Knapp(2012-13).
Besides, she has served as the spokesperson for Climate Star and SAFE(Skin Awareness for Everyone) campaign, has worked with QVC, a home shopping company to raise funds for women’s cancer research. She also served as an ambassador for Save the Children and the “One Water” campaign.
Mischa Barton’s Net Worth
Mischa Barton has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having started her career as a stage actress initially at age of 8, Mischa established herself as one of the talented actresses with her performances that by the age of 19 she purchased a house in Los Angeles.
Her source of income is surely her movie roles, series, and appearances on shows. She further has her own businesses that she created a 14-piece handbag collection for online retailer ASOS.com, also had her line of headbands released on the Stacy Lapidus line. Her net worth is estimated to be around $3.2 million.
Mischa Barton’s Height
Mischa Barton is a gorgeous lady with a maintained body physique even in her 30s. Barton has managed to win several hearts all around the world with her stunning body physique and charming personality.
She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch.(1.75m) while her body weight is around 60kg(121 lbs). Her body measurement is around 37-29-37 inches with 37B as her bra size, 8(US) as her dress size, and 8(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Leave a Reply