Mitchell Miller is an American professional ice hockey player. Currently, he is a free agent. His playing position is a defenseman. He was drafted 111th overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft but had his draft status revoked after details of extreme bullying by Miller became public. He had recently signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins on 4 November 2022. However, his association with the team ended just in two days amidst his past bullying incident.
The Bruins management was pressurized by fans and squad members to part ways with Mitchell following his past bullying charges. He along with his classmate was found guilty in an Ohio juvenile court in 2016 on charges of assault and a violation of the Ohio Safe School Act. He and his friend made a developmentally disabled African-American classmate, Isaiah Meyer-Crothers eat a piece of candy which they wiped in a urinal, repeated bullying of Meyer-Crothers, and repeatedly called him a nigger. Surveillance video also captured them kicking and punching Meyer-Crothers. Moreover, they also repeatedly called him a nigger. He later apologized for his actions to the 31 NHL teams but not to Meyer-Crothers and his family.
What is Mitchell Miller Famous For?
- Mitchell Miller is an ice hockey defenseman who is now a free agent.
- He is known for being drafted by the Arizona Coyotes at the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
Who are Mitchell Miller’s Parents?
On December 20, 2001, Mitchell Miller was born. He is from Sylvania, Ohio, the USA. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. He celebrated his 20th birthday in 2021. He is the son of John and Shelli Miller. He grew up alongside his twin sister, McKenzie Miller, and a brother. He had committed to join the University of North Dakota to play college hockey. However, his tenure ended following the bullying controversy.
Mitchell Miller Ice Hockey Career
- Mitchell Miller started his career playing for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the United States Hockey League (USHL) in 2018.
- He played two games during the 2017–18 season.
- He stayed with the team for the entire 2018–19 season.
- During the season, he was called up to the United States men’s national junior ice hockey team to play in the 2018 World Junior A Challenge.
- After the end of the 2018–19 USHL season, he was traded to the Tri-City Storm.
- He committed to play for the Miami University men’s ice hockey team and was expected to join the Red Hawks for the 2019–20 season. Later, he de-committed and opted to spend the 2019–20 season playing for Tri-City, where he finished the season with 33 points.
- He earned an all-USHL first-team selection, an honor bestowed on the best players in the league as determined by the votes of the league’s general managers.
- He was called up to the United States junior team for the 2019 World Junior A Challenge where he had two goals and four assists in six games.
- In May 2020, he committed to play for the University of North Dakota men’s ice hockey team.
- At the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Arizona Coyotes used their first pick (111th overall) to select Miller.
- On October 29, 2020, the Coyotes renounced the draft rights to Miller.
- After a day, he was dropped from the University of North Dakota hockey team.
- On 4th November 4, 2022, he signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins.
- On 6th November 2022, the Bruins parted ways with Miller following considerable pressure from fans and current Bruins players.
What is Mitchell Miller’s Net Worth?
Mitchell Miller is a professional ice hockey player. His net worth is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2022. His salary is $845,000 and his cap hit is $861,667 for the 2022-23 season. His salary is comprised of $95,000 in signing bonuses and $750,000 in base salary. He was drafted 111th overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 4th round of the 2020 entry draft. He signed a contract worth a total value of $2,850,000. He is living a cool lifestyle at present. His main source of wealth comes from his ice hockey career.
Who is Mitchell Miller’s Girlfriend?
Mitchell Miller is unmarried and he is assumed to be single at present. He has not openly revealed his relationship and love life details to the media. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is enjoying his present life a lot and he is focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orientation is straight.
How tall is Mitchell Miller?
Mitchell Miller is a handsome man. He stands at the tall height of 5 feet 10 inches or 1.78 m. His body weight consists of 190 lb or 86 Kg. His body type is athletic. He has got a healthy body. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is brown.