An English model, singer, actress, and activist, Naomi Campbell is known for her exotic looks and sharp features. She started her career as a model and then went on to become one of the most recognizable and sought-after models in the 1990s. Also, She is involved in a lot of charity work as well and frequently contributes to various causes and events. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Naomi Campbell so famous?
- An English model, actress, and businesswoman.
- Her modeling for famous brands such as Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret, Prada, etc.
Where does Naomi Campbell live?
Recalling her early life, Naomi was born in Streatham, London, England to Jamaican-born dancer Valerie Morris as Naomi Elaine Campbell. However, her biological father left her mother when she was pregnant. Later on, her mother married another man and she eventually took her stepfather’s surname ‘Campbell’. She is of British nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth sign is Gemini and her religious views are Agnosticism.
For education, She studied at the Barbara Speake Stage School. Later, She enrolled at Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts.
Where does Naomi Campbell work?
- Moving towards her career, Naomi made her acting career in 1978 through a music video, “Is This Love” at the age of seven. Later, she was featured in Culture Club’s music video for “I’ll Tumble 4 Ya” at the age of 12.
- On her 16t birthday, She was featured on the cover of “British Elle.”
- Over the next few years, her career progressed gradually as she walked the ramp for the designers Azzedine Alaïa, Isaac Mizrahi, and Gianni Versace and posed for photographers like Peter Lindbergh and Bruce Weber.
- In the late 1980s, she along with Linda Evangelista and Christy Turlington formed the trio “Trinity”. The girls went on to become the most in-demand and popular models of their generation.
- In 1987, She graced the cover of ‘British Vogue,’ as the publication’s first black cover model since 1966.
- In 1988, she became the first black cover girl of ‘French Vogue.’ The following year, she was featured on the cover of ‘American Vogue.’
- In 1990, She appeared in George Michael’s music video for “Freedom! ’90”.
- Then, she and her fellow models Turlington, Crawford, Claudia Schiffer, and Evangelista had formed an elite group of models that went on to be declared “supermodels” by the fashion industry.
- In 1992, She appeared as Michael Jackson’s love interest in a music video for the song “In the Closet.”
- The same year, she posed with other top models for the 100th anniversary cover of American Vogue. In a controversial move, she also appeared in Madonna’s book ‘Sex’ that year.
- In the mid-1990s, She tried her hands in various fields. She released her novel ‘Swan.’ The novel, ghost-written by Caroline Upche, received poor reviews.
- During this time, she released her album titled ‘Baby Woman’ and also played minor roles in the movies ‘Girl 6’ and ‘Miami Rhapsody
- In 1999, she signed a deal contract with Wella’s Cosmopolitan Cosmetics and launched a line of her signature fragrances. She also posed for ‘Playboy’ and ‘British Vogue’ around this time.
- In 2001, she appeared with rapper Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs on the cover of British Vogue, with the headline “Naomi and Puff: The Ultimate Power Duo”.
- In 2007, she walked the ramp for Dior’s 60th-anniversary fashion event at Versailles.
- The following year, she appeared with a few fellow black models on the cover of an all-black issue of the Italian Vogue. The iconic photograph was clicked by Steven Meisel.
- Later, She appeared with Iman and Liya Kebede on the cover of ‘Essence’ for its 40th-anniversary issue in 2011.
- She performed with Kate Moss and other supermodels in the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games, where they modeled haute couture to represent British fashion.
- In March 2013, She graced the cover of ‘Numéro Russia.’ Soon after this, she contributed to the reality television modeling competition show, ‘The Face.’
- She appeared as a supermodel mentor in ‘The Face Australia’ that ran on Fox8 in 2014.
- In 2015, she served as the show-stopper at New York Fashion Week’s Fall/Winter Zac Posen show.
- That year, He also joined the cast of Fox’s series ‘Empire’ as Camilla Marks. Also, she appeared in two episodes of ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ the same year.
- In 2016, She appeared in the music video for Anohni’s single “Drone Bomb Me”.
- In 2017, she was featured in Versace’s Spring/Summer 2018 fashion show and also appeared in the campaign for the collection.
- In 2018, she walked on the runway for Kim Jones’ final menswear fashion event for Louis Vuitton.
- In the same year, She alongside rapper Skepta appeared on the cover of ‘British GQ.’ Also, she received the first beauty contract of her career, with NARS Cosmetics the same year.
- In 2020, she began her web series on YouTube, No Filter with Naomi, in which she conducts conversations with various guests.
Is Naomi Campbell married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Naomi was not married yet but has in a romantic relationship with Burna Boy at present. She also engaged to U2 bassist Adam Clayton. However, they later were separated. Again, she was engaged with Flavio Briatore in 1995. They were involved in an on-again-off-again relationship until their separation in 2003.
Previously, she has several relationships with the celebrity like Kevin Costner (1995), Robert De Niro, Enrique Palacios (2001), Sean Combs (2002), Luca Orlandi (2004), Matteo Marzotto (2004), Tommy Lee (2004), Usher Raymond (2004), Badr Jafar (2005-06), Marcus Elias (2008), Vladislav Doronin (2008-13), Kola Aluko (2013-14), Michael Fassbender (2014), Hassan Jameel (2016), Louis C. Camilleri (2017).
She also rumored to dating serval celebrities like Lars Ulrich (2001), André Balazs (2007), Gerard Butler (2007), Terrence Howard (2007), Quincy Jones (2007-11), Lenny Kravitz (2016), Skepta (2016-18), and Liam Payne (2019).
How rich is Naomi Campbell?
Being a model, Naomi has an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $60 million at present.
Also, She has advertised for several brands and big fashion labels such as Avon, Accessorize, Azrouel, Bali, Barneys, Blackglama, Burberry, Chloé, Citroen, Codice, D&G, David Yurman, Dennis Basso, Dillard’s, Dolce & Gabbana, Eminence, Enrico Coveri, Falmer, Fendi, Gap, Gottex, Guess, H&M, Hirshleifers, Iceberg, Isaac JBC, Mizrahi, Istante, Valentino, Versace, Yigal Azrouel, and many other which adds her fortune as well.
How tall is Naomi Campbell?
Observing her body physics, Naomi stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 58 kg. Similarly, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and his hair color is also dark brown. Further, her body measures 34-24-34 inches and she used 4 (US) dress size. Additionally, her shoe size is 9 (US).