Nargis Fakhri is an American actress and model who is well-recognized for her primarily work in the Bollywood film industry. Fakhri got her breakthrough in Bollywood with her debut role in the hit romantic drama, “Rockstar” back in 2011, for which she was even nominated for Filmfare Award.
With her American accent Hindi pronunciation in the movies, Fakhri earned the hearts of thousands of people and even the directors who cast her to many other hit films. Other of her popular roles come in the movies; “Main Tera Hero”(2014), “Spy”(2015), and “Housefull 3″(2016).
Besides, Nargis had been in the headlines several times especially during her stint in Bollywood, when she was rumored to be in a relationship with Indian actor, Uday Chopra. The rumor seemed to be quite secret until Nargis herself revealed of dating Uday for five years before parting ways in a recent interview in September 2021.
With her up growing popularity, Fakhri has managed to amass a healthy following on her social media sites with over 6.8 million followers on her Instagram: @nargisfakhri and over 4 million followers on Twitter: @NargisFakhri.
What is Nargis Fakhri famous for?
- Famous as an actress and model.
- Known for her role in “Rockstar”.
Where is Nargis Fakhri From?
Nargis Fakhri was born on October 20, 1979, in Queens, New York, United States. Her birth name is Nargis Fakhri. Her nationality is American. Fakhri belongs to a mixed Pakistani-Czech ethnicity while Libra is her zodiac sign.
Born as the eldest daughter to her mixed-parents; Mohammed Fakhri(father) and Marie Fakhri(mother), Nargis was raised in her hometown Queens alongside her younger sister, Aliya. Her father was a Pakistani businessman while her mother is a Czech former police officer. Her parents, however, got divorced when she was just 6 years old, just a few years later unfortunately her father died.
Growing up, Nargis attended Queens College from where she got graduated earning a BA degree. Following which she went on to join City University in New York from where she majored in Fine Arts and a minor in Psychology. She has always had an interest in modeling since her childhood that she started her career as a model at age of 16.
Nargis Fakhri’s Career Highlights
- Nargis Fakhri initially appeared as a contestant on the second and third cycle of modeling show, “America’s Next Top Model” in 2004.
- She then modeled professionally working for freelance agencies and appearing regularly at fashion shows in the US.
- She got her initial recognition when she appeared in a popular Indian print campaign for the 2009 Kingfisher Calendar.
- Her appearance on the campaign earned her recognition and even caught the attention of Indian filmmaker, Imtiaz Ali who casts her for her debut role.
- She made her professional acting debut with a female lead role in Imtiaz Ali’s musical romantic drama, “Rockstar” in 2011. She starred alongside Ranbir Kapoor in the movie which was one of the top-grossing Hindi films of the year.
- She then got cast in the political thriller, “Madras Cafe” in 2013 alongside John Abraham.
Source: [email protected]
- She also made a special appearance in the item number “Dhating Naach” in the action-comedy, “Phata Poster Nikhla Hero”.
- Following year she was cast alongside Varun Dhawan and Ileana D’Cruz for the romantic comedy, “Main Tera Hero” in 2014.
- She next appeared in a popular item number titled “Yaar Naa Miley” with Salman Khan in the action thriller, “Kick”.
- She got her first-ever Hollywood project with her appearance in Paul Feig’s action-comedy, “Spy” in 2015.
- Following a year in 2016, she appeared in the Tamil film, “Saagasam” performing the item number “Desi Girl”.
- The same year, she appeared in the biographical sports drama, “Azhar” portraying the lead Sangeeta Bijlani.
- She also got the role in the hit romantic-comedy film, “Housefull 3” in 2016.
- She next played a minor role in the adventure comedy, “Dishoom” in the same year 2016.
- She co-starred alongside Riteish Deshmukh in the musical movie, “Banjo” in 2016.
- She next starred in her second Hollywood production, the romantic comedy, “5 Weddings” in 2018.
- In 2019, she started in a horror thriller, “Amavas”.
- Her recent work was playing a prominent role as Ayesha in the thriller film, “Torbaaz” alongside Sanjay Dutt released in 2020.
Nargis Fakhri’s Boyfriend Relationships
Nargis Fakhri is currently single and isn’t dating anyone at the moment. She was previously in a relationship with Indian actor, Uday Chopra which was kept secret for several years. The couple was rumored of living together in Mumbai back in 2017, however, they both refuted it at the time.
Now after years of the incident, Nargis finally has opened up about her past relationships with Uday with whom she had dated for 5 years when they parted away in 2017.
In a recent interview in September 2021 Nargis explained;
“Uday and I dated for 5 years and he was the most beautiful human I met in India. I have never said this to the press, as people told me to keep my relationship quiet, but I regret that because I should have shouted from the mountain tops that I was with such a beautiful soul.
The internet and social media are very fake and the people out there won’t know what the truth is. Most often we idolize certain people who are actually bad behind closed doors.”
However, their relation didn’t work out. Shortly after since 2018, she began dating American filmmaker, Matt Alonzo who has directed music videos for several celebrities including Pitbull, Odd Future, Justin Bieber, and many others. Their relation also didn’t work out and they broke up in 2019.
Nargis Fakhri’s Net Worth
Nargis Fakhri has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and model. Having her career started initially as a model of small magazines, then as a professional actress in 2011, Nargis has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in Bollywood.
Her movies roles, advertisement deals, and modeling contracts are her source of income. Including which she has an estimated net worth of around $12 million with her salary maybe around $1 million.
Nargis Fakhri’s Height
Nargis Fakhri is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.75m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). Her maintained body physique has a measurement of around 34-24-35 inches with 34B as her bra size, 2(US) as her dress size, and 9(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.