Nico Williams is a Spanish professional footballer. He currently plays for La Liga club, Athletic Bilbao, and the Spain national team. His playing position is a winger and his shirt number is 11 for his present team.
Previously, he played for CD Pamplona, Osasuna, Basconia, and Bilbao Athletic before playing for Athletic Bilbao. He is the part of Spanish national football team that took part in the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar.
What is Nico Williams Famous For?
- Nico Williams is a professional footballer from Pamplona.
- He is famous for playing with the team, Athletic Bilbao in the position of the winger.
Where is Nico Williams From?
Nico Williams was born on 12th July 2002 with the birth name of Nicholas Williams Arthur. He is from Pamplona, Spain.
He is the son of Ghanaian parents who had fled to Spain eight years earlier as refugees of the Liberian Civil War.
His older brother, Iñaki Williams, is also a footballer and a forward; he too was brought up at Athletic Bilbao having been born in Spain a short time after his parents arrived there.
He holds Spanish nationality whereas his ethnicity is Mixed. He celebrated his 20th birthday in 2022.
He has not spoken about the details of his parents’ names and educational qualifications.
Nico Williams Football Career
- Williams initially joined the youth academy of Athletic Bilbao in 2013 from his hometown side CA Osasuna.
- He then began his senior career with the club’s farm team, Basconia, during the 2019–20 season.
- On 11th May 2020, he was promoted to the reserve team in the Segunda División B.
- He made his team and La Liga debut on 28 April of the following year, playing against Real Valladolid.
- He scored his first two goals for the Lions on 6 January 2022, against Atlético Mancha Real in the campaign’s Copa del Rey.
- He next scored the winning goal in a 2–1 victory over Atlético Madrid in the semi-final of the 2021–22 Supercopa de España.
- On 20 January 2022, he was given a first-team contract after meeting a number of clauses.
- He was a starter in four of the first five matches of the 2022–23 La Liga campaign.
- He was named player of the match in a 4–1 away win against Elche CF on 11 September 2022.
- He scored again over the club, Rayo Vallecano.
- Nico Williams represented Spain with the under-18 squad in 2020, scoring two goals in four games.
- He was then called up to the Spain under-19s in February 2021.
- He made his debut for the under-21s in September of the same year.
- He received his first call-up to the senior squad, coached by Luis Enrique, for 2022–23 UEFA Nations League fixtures in September 2022.
- On November 17 he scored his first goal for the national team in a friendly against Jordan.
- He is currently on the squad of Spain’s national football team for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar.
- Athletic Club on 30 Jun 2021
- Athletic Club B on 30 Jun 2020 from Bilbao U19
What is Nico Williams’s Net Worth?
Nico Williams is a talented and successful footballer who has accumulated a net worth of $4 Million as of 2022. He has been performing at the top level like he has been playing professional football for years. He earns more than $45,000 weekly salary at Athletic Club. His annual salary is around $500K. His contract expires with Athletic in 2024. His highest market value and current market value is €25 Million as of November 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings.
Who is Nico Williams’s Girlfriend?
The 20-years footballer, Nico Williams is currently single and he is not dating anyone at the moment. He is enjoying his present life a lot without any disturbances. Right now, he is focusing on his professional life rather than making a girlfriend. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Nico Williams?
Nico Williams is a cool footballer with a standing height of 1.80 m. His well-maintained bodyweight consists of 67 KG. His body type is athletic and he frequently hits the gym to maintain his body. His hair color is black-light brown and his eye color is also black. He has dreaded his hair.