Nicola Walker is an English actress who is well-known for her starring roles in several British TV shows including “Spooks”, “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”, and “Last Tango in Halifax”. Having started her career since the year of 1990, Walker has come a long way up becoming one of the prominent TV figures in her decade-long career.
For her work in the play “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”, she even won the Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2013. She even has worked in theatre, radio, and film as well.
However, Walker has become the most understated success story. Besides, she is also active on social media sites with over 20k followers on Instagram”: @nicolawalkeruk but isn’t active on Twitter.
What is Nicola Walker Famous for?
- Famous for her starring roles in British TV shows.
- Best known for her role in “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”.
Where is Nicola Walker From?
Nicola Walker was born on May 15, 1970, in Stepney, London, England. Her birth name is Nicola Walker. Her nationality is British. Walker belongs to White ethnicity while Taurus is her zodiac sign.
Born as one of the three children to her parents, Nicola was raised along with her siblings; a brother, Brandon Walker, and a sister, Taylor Walker, in their hometown, Stephney in London. She attended Saint Nicholas School, Old Harlow in Essex, and Forest School, Walthamstow, and even started taking acting classes from age 12.
Walker studied English at New Hall, Cambridge, becoming the first member of her family to go to university. Alongside, she started her acting career with the Cambridge Footlights. Her first acting experience was with her college mother Sue Perkins. Upon her graduation, she was offered a place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Source: [email protected]
Nicola Walker’s Career Highlights
- Nicola Walker started her career with her role as Gypsy Jones in an adaptation of “A dance to the music of times” by Channel 4 in 1997.
- She then appeared as English teacher Suzy Travis in two series of Steven Moffat’s school-based sitcom, “Chalk”.
- In the same year of 1997, she got the leading part of DI Susan Taylor in the ITV thriller serial, “Touching Evil”.
- In 1999, she played the lead role in the post-apocalyptic drama serial, “The Last Train”.
- In February 2012, she played a major character in the one-off BBC crime drama, “Inside Men”.
- She also appeared as Gillian Greenwood in five series of the BBC original drama, “Last Tango in Halifax” from 2012 till 2020.
- In 2015, she starred as Jackie “Stevie” Stevenson in the BBC drama series, “River”.
- She has since appeared on several television shows with the latest being the role of a divorce lawyer, Hannah Defoe Stern in BBC’s series, “The Split”(2018-20).
- For her role as Judy in theatre, “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”, she even won an Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2013.
- Her most prominent role in the movie has been in “Four Weddings and a Funeral”(1994).
- In 2002, Walker co-starred in the BBC radio production of William Gibson’s cyberpunk novel, “Neuromancer”.
- She played the role of Dr. Eleanor Peck in the RedHookStories BBC Radio 4 production The Lovecraft Investigations from 2018 till 2020.
Who is Nicola Walker’s Husband?
Nicola Walker is a married woman. She has got married just once to date. Her first and only marriage is with Barnaby Kay. Kay is also an English actor who has played roles in television, stage, film, and performance art knew mainly for his appearances on Shakespear’s plays.
The couple is blessed with a son named Harry.
Nicola Walker Net Worth
Nicola Walker has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started in the year 1990, Walker has appeared in several TV series and shows.
Her source of income is surely her appearances on the shows and series. Within a career of 30 years long, she has managed to amass quite a fortune estimated to be around $1.2 million.
Nicola Walker Height and Weight
Nicola Walker is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained average body physique in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inch.(1.63m) while her body weighs around 58kg(128 lbs). She has a fair complexion with short light brown hair and green eyes.