Nicola Rachele-Beth Grahame, popularly known as Nikki Grahame was an English television personality, model, and author. Grahame was best known for appearing in the reality series, Big Brother UK. She appeared in various series and spin-offs of Big Brother UK including Ultimate Big Brother, and Big Brother Canada among others. She is also known for starring in her own reality series, Princess Nikki. She won a National Television Award for Most Popular TV Contender. As an author, she released two books. Grahame tragically died due to complications from anorexia on 9 April 2021. She died at the age of 38.
What Is Nikki Grahame Famous For?
- Starring in several series of Big Brother.
Where Is Nikki Cross From?
Nikki Cross was born on 28 April 1982. Her birth name is Nicola Rachele-Beth Grahame. Her birth place is in Northwood, London in England. He held an English nationality. She was born to her father, David Grahame and her mother, Susan Grahame. She has a sister named Natalie. She belonged to white ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. Her parents divorced when she was 8 years old.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Northwood School, London.
Nikki Cross Career
- Nikki Cross made her television debut as an extra in the BBC soap opera EastEnders.
- She garnered recognition after she was cast as one of the contestants on the 7th season of Big Brother UK in 2006. She finished in 5th place.
- She then presented several television before starting her own reality show, Princess Nikki.
- The show followed her attempts to hold an everyday job and was apparently inspired by her disastrous turn as a PA in a Big Brother task assigned to housemates and it ran on E4 for six weeks.
- She returned to Big Brother as a reporter for its spin-off show, Big Brother’s Little Brother in 2007.
- She returned to Big Brother in 2010 as a contestant in Ultimate Big Brother.
- She finished runner-up behind Brian Dowling.
- She returned to Big Brother as a Time Warp Housemate in 2015.
- She was a contestant on Big Brother Canada in 2016.
- She was evicted on Day 63 and later became 5th member of the nine-person jury to vote the winner of the season on Finale Night.
- She appeared on the Channel 5 documentary In Therapy which featured Grahame in intensive on-camera therapy sessions with psychotherapist Mandy Saligari where she spoke about her struggles with depression and anorexia. The program aired on 3 August 2017.
- She appeared as a special guest for Big Brother Canada in 2017.
- She made her final appearance in the Big Brother house in 2018.
- She released two books, Dying to Be Thin (2009) and Fragile (2012). Her books chronicle her experiences with the illness.
How Did Nikki Grahame Die?
Nikki Grahame died at the age of 38 on 9 April 2021. Her death cause is due to complications from anorexia nervosa. She was found dead at her apartment in Stanmore.
Grahame battled anorexia nervosa throughout her life. She was suicidal several times. She was admitted to the treatment facility several times. However, she relapsed each time. After her family announced in March 2021 that Grahame had relapsed again, they began a GoFundMe fundraiser to pay for private treatment and raised over £60,000. She entered Dorset County Hospital on 24 March and was discharged on 8 April. The next day, she was found dead at her apartment. She was set to enter a private facility in Devon to receive specialist treatment. Her GoFundMe page was re-opened for members of the public to help raise money for her funeral costs and eating disorder charities.
Who Was Nikki Grahame Husband?
Nikki Grahame was never married. The Big Brother star dated Big Brother fellow cast, Pete Bennett in the past. Bennett won the 7th series of Big Brother where Grahame finished in 5th place.
Due to her illness related to anorexia nervosa throughout her life, she never had a normal life and never had a stable relationship. She might have dated some men in the past but there aren’t any official pieces of information about her personal life. She never had kids.
How Tall Was Nikki Grahame?
Nikki Grahame stood at the height of 1.55 m i.e. 5 feet and 1 inch tall. She had an unbalanced body weight due to anorexia nervosa. She had a thin body build. Her eye color was hazel and her hair color was dark brown. Her sexual orientation was straight.
What Is Nikki Grahame Net Worth?
Nikki Grahame was one of the popular television personalities in the UK. She was best known for appearing in several seasons of the show, Big Brother from 2006 to 2018. She also starred in several other television shows. She collaborated with JYY London in 2015 to design a wide range of fashion garments for petite women. However, her battle with anorexia nervosa seriously affected her life and career, resulting in her death at the age of 38 in April 2021. Around the time of her death, her net worth is estimated at around $1 million.