Nikki Mckibbin was an American rock music singer-songwriter who was well known for her participation in the debut season of the reality television series, “American Idol” in 2002. She finished the show in third place alongside Kelly Clarkson(winner), acquiring career opportunities and much popularity.
McKibbin then got signed with Sony Music’s RCA through which she released her debut album titled “Unleashed” in May 2007. She has recorded two Christmas songs for the American Christmas album as well. McKibina also has appeared in several other reality shows including, “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew”, “Fear Factor”, “Kill Reality”, “Battle of the Network Reality Stars”, and “Sober House”.
On November 1, 2020, McKibbin died from complications of a brain aneurysm for which she was hospitalized and was taken off life support on October 28, 2020. She just had turned 42 years earlier the month. With her death, she became the fourth American Idol finalist to die after Michael Johns in 2014, Rickey Smith in 2016, and Leah LaBelle in 2018.
What was Nikki Mckibbin Famous for?
- Famous as a finalist on the debut season of “American Idol”.
Where was Nikki Mckibbin Born?
Nikki Mckibbin was born on September 28, 1978, in Grand Prairie, Texas, United States. Her birth name was Katherine Nicole McKibbin. Her nationality was American. McKibbin belonged to mixed ethnicity while Virgo was her zodiac sign.
Born and raised in her hometown Texas, McKibbin had an interest in singing since a younger age that she decided to give a try and went on to audition for the very first season of the popular reality show, “American Idol”. Before AGT, McKibbin appeared in the first season of “Popstars” as well. Besides, she was sexually, physically, and emotionally abused as a child.
How Did Nikki Mckibbin Die?
Nikki Mckibbin died on November 1, 2020, at around 3 a.m. following complications of a brain aneurysm within the hospital in Arlington, Texas. She was even hospitalized and was taken off life support on October 28, 2020. Within 3 days later of her admission to the hospital, McKibbin passed away leaving her family and friends in shock and pain.
She just had turned 42 years earlier the month. Her death was confirmed by her husband, Craig Sadler, who confirmed her death in a Facebook post, saying that she had died after suffering a brain aneurysm on Wednesday, and also by her friend, Justin Guarini(fellow American Idol contestant) who wrote whole long heart-broken statements for her late friend”.
Nikki Mckibbin’s Career Highlights
- Nikki Mckibbin started her career when she performed “I Will Survive” on an audition for the first season of “American Idol” in 2002. She qualified up to the finalist list performing her best with songs like “Piece of My Heart”, “I’m the Only One”, “Black Velvet” and “Edge of Seventeen”.
- She finished the show reaching third place while Kelly Clarkson won the show.
- Following her stint on American Idol, McKibbin signed with 19 Management and RCA Records.
- She also ran a karaoke company titled “Angelfire Productions”.
- In 2004, she appeared on the holiday CD Christmas in a Fishbowl.
- McKibbin then joined the Dallas rock band, “Downside” in 2005 together with whom she did several shows together but she left the same year.
- The same year, she appeared in the “Reality TV Stars” episode of Fear Factor and also in the sports competition show, “Battle of the Network Reality Stars”.
- She also appeared in the E! Entertainment reality show, “Kill Reality”.
- She was seen playing the role of a signer in a film, “The Scorned”.
- Later, she got signed to Australian indie label Astral Records. She started recording initially with a cover version of Mr. Big’s “To Be with You” and “The Lie”/”To Be with You”.
- McKibbin’s debut album “Unleashed” was released on May 22, 2007.
- McKibbin also recorded two Christmas songs for the American Christmas album; “All I Want for Christmas Is You” and “Alone With The Christmas Lights”.
- She appeared on the second season of the VH1 reality show, “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” in 2008.
- McKibbin later appeared in the fifth episode of Celebrity Rehab’s fifth season.
- McKibbin also used to give vocal and performance lessons for children in Fort Worth, Texas.
Nikki Mckibbin’s Husband
Nikki Mckibbin was a married woman and was married to her only husband, Craig Sadler. Sadler is also a handsome man with whom she even had appeared on “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew”. They got married in 2007 and were living together but never had a child together. Nikki was a mother of her only son named Tristen Cole Langley(b. December 20, 1997) from her previous relationship.
Back in 2014, Nikki accompanied her son, Tristen when he auditioned at the age of 15 for “American Idol”, though he didn’t make the live shows. Besides, Nikki had a drug addiction back in time that she even went for rehab.
Nikki Mckibbin’s Net Worth
Nikki Mckibbin had quite good earnings from her professional career as a singer. Having her career started in 2002 as a part of the AGT family, McKibbin came a long way up becoming one of the finalists later realizing her own album. With her earnings from her songs and also appearances on shows, she had a net worth estimated to be around $1.3 million.
Nikki Mckibbin’s Height
Nikki Mckibbin was a beautiful lady in her early 40s at the time of her death. She had a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.67m) while her body weight was around 60kg. She had an average body physique of measurement 34-29-35 inches with 33B as her bra cup size and 6(US) as her shoe size. She had a fair complexion with red short hair and green eyes.