Olivia Cooke is an actress from the UK who is renowned for playing the role of Emma Decode in the A&E drama-thriller series “Bates Motel” (2013–2017) and Becky Sharp in the period drama miniseries “Vanity Fair” (2018). She made her film debut with the science fiction thriller film The Signal in 2014 as Haley Peterson. Her television debut came in 2012 with the BBC One drama miniseries Blackout in which she played Meg Demoys for three episodes.
Cooke also starred in the horror film Ouija (2014), the comedy-drama film Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015), the period horror mystery film The Limehouse Golem (2016), the thriller film Thoroughbreds (2017), the sci-fi film Ready Player One (2018), and the drama film Sound of Metal (2020). In her latest role, she plays Alicent Hightower in the HBO television series House of the Dragon (2022).
What is Olivia Cooke Known For?
- She is known for her work in supernatural movies The Quiet Ones (2014), The Signal (2014), and Ouija (2014). Olivia gained immense popularity after portraying the character of Rachel Kushner in Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015).
- For playing the role of Emma Decody in the A&E horror series Bates Motel.
When was Olivia Cooke born?
Olivia Cooke was born on December 27, 1993, in Oldham, England. Her present age is 28 as of 2021. Her Full name is Olivia Kate Cooke. She holds British nationality and her ethnicity is British-White. She was born to sales representative Lindsay Wilde and retired police officer John Cooke. Her parents divorced when she was a child, and she and her sister, Eleanor Cooke lived with their mother.
Cooke started acting when she was eight years old at the Oldham Theatre Workshop, an after-school drama program in her hometown. She attended Royton and Crompton Academy and studied drama at Oldham Sixth Form College, leaving before the end of her A-levels to appear in the drama series Blackout.
How was the Career of Olivia Cooke?
- Initially, she starred as Maria in a college production of West Side Story, and soon landed her first and last leading role for the Oldham Theatre Workshop in Prom: The Musical, a remake of Cinderella.
- She secured her first local agent, who gained her commercial roles when she was 14.
- She appeared in One Direction’s “Autumn Term” tour video as a student getting a piggyback ride from Harry Styles in the year 2012.
- She starred in all three BBC mini-series productions in 2012: Blackout, as the daughter of Christopher Eccleston’s character, and The Secret of Crickley Hall, as a young teacher at a tyrannical orphanage in the 1940s.
- In 2012, following The Quiet Ones, Cooke acquired an agent in Los Angeles.
- Her second feature film The Signal was released in 2014 as Haley Peterson.
- In October 2014, Cooke led the cast of “Ouija”.
- She next appeared in the comedy-drama film “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”.
- In 2015, she voiced the Loch Ness Monster for an episode of “Axe Cop”.
- She played the titular character in the independent drama film “Katie Says Goodbye”.
- She next starred in the film adaptation of “Dan Leno and the Limehouse Golem”.
- She then starred in the thriller film “Thoroughbreds”.
- She starred as Art3mis in Steven Spielberg’s science fiction adventure “Ready Player One”.
- After that, she appeared in “Life Itself” and played the lead character, Becky Sharp in the ITV production of “Vanity Fair”.
- She starred in the drama film “Sound of Metal”.
- In 2019, she appeared as Karla in the Amazon Prime Video romantic comedy anthology series “Modern Love”.
- In the Apple TV+ series “Slow Horses”, Cooke appears as MI5 agent Sidonie “Sid” Baker.
- She was cast as Lady Alicent Hightower, the daughter of Ser Otto Hightower, and known as the most comely woman in the Seven Kingdoms, in the Game of Thrones prequel House of the Dragon. She joins the likes of Emma D’Arcy, Matt Smith, and Rhys Ifans.
Everything To Know About Matt Smith
Olivia Cooke Awards and Achievements
- Won Screen International in 2014
- Won Newport Beach Film Festival Award in 2017
How much is Olivia Cooke’s Net Worth?
Olivia Cooke is an actress by profession who has accumulated a net worth of $2 Million as of 2022. She made this fortune appearing in many movies and TV shows/series. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a lavish lifestyle at present. She is making her annual salary in thousands of dollars at present. Her property details and house is still hidden.
Who is Olivia Cooke’s Boyfriend?
Olivia Cooke is currently single. She is not dating anyone at present. She is enjoying her present life a lot. She is focusing on her career as of today. Her sexual orietnation is straight. She lives in London as of now.
Previously, Olivia was in a relationship with English actor Alex Roe for a short while. Then, she dated American actor, Christopher Abbott, in 2015, after they, supposedly, grew closer while working on the movie, Katie Says Goodbye. But, they have not been seen together since 2016, suggesting that they might have drifted apart.
Olivia Cooke Height and Weight
Olivia Cooke is a beautiful actress with a slim body type. She has a height of 5 feet and 4inch and her weight is around 55 kg. Her hair color is dark brown. She has naturally ‘Brown’ colored hair, but she has dyed them to red, blonde, etc in the past.
She has a pair of dark brown eyes. Her body measurement is 33-24-32 in or 84-61-81 cm. She wears a dress size of 4 (US) or 36 (EU) and her shoe size is 7.5 (US) or 38 (EU).
Leave a Reply