Paris Whitney Hilton, popularly known as Paris Hilton is an American model, singer, actress, businesswoman, socialite, DJ, author. Today, she is one of the most popular celebrity figures in the entertainment industry. She became more successful throughout the 2000s. She started her career as a teenager model and soon rose to fame after her 2001 sex tape with her then-boyfriend Rick Salomon was released. Shen then went on to star in several reality series, best known for the reality series, The Simple Life with her socialite counterpart, Nicole Richie. She has starred in numerous films and television series. She was a subject of several documentaries.
As a singer, she released her debut studio album in 2006. She made her debut as a DJ in 2012 and was the highest-paid female DJ in 2014. She is one of the most successful fashion businesswomen as well. Her brand includes 19 product lines, 50 boutiques worldwide, and a resort in Manila, Philippines. She has made her fortune in multi-billion via her brand. However, she is often criticized that she earned fame due to her wealthy family background, not because of her talent.
She has over 12.5 million followers on Instagram @parishilton, 16.8 million followers on Twitter @parishilton, 7.4 million followers on Facebook, and over 600k subscribers on her eponymous YouTube channel.
What is Paris Hilton Famous For?
- One of the most popular models of the 2000s.
Where was Paris Hilton Born?
Paris Hilton was born on 17 February 1981. Her birth name is Paris Whitney Hilton. Her birth place is in New York City, New York in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She belongs to white ethnicity. She was born to a father, Richard Hilton, and a mother, Kathy Hilton. She has English, Norwegian, German, Italian, Irish, and Scottish ancestry. She was raised in the Catholic faith. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
She has 3 siblings: one sister, Nicky Hilon, and two brothers, Barron Hilton II and Hughes Hilton. She is the granddaughter of the founder of Hilton Hotels, Conrad Hilton. Her father is a businessman, whereas her mother is a socialite and former actress. Her maternal aunts, Kim Richards, and Kyle Richards are television personalities.
As a child, she was friends with actress Bijou Phillips and socialites, Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, and Ivanka Trump. Her mother was a close friend of Michael Jackson. Hilton spent her youth living in Manhattan, Beverly Hills, and the Hamptons.
Regarding her educational background, she attended the Buckley School and St. Paul the Apostle School. She then attended Marwood-Palm Valley School in Rancho Mirage, California, Professional Children’s School, Provo Canyon School, and Dwight School. She was expelled from Canterbury Boarding School for violating rules. She eventually dropped out of high school without graduating. She later earned a GED certification.
Paris Hilton Career
- Paris Hilton had modeled as a child at charity events. She eventually pursued modeling.
- She signed with Donald Trump’s modeling agency, Trump Model Management. She was 19 when she signed with T Management.
- She became a rising star in the modeling industry. As a model, she graced several popular magazine covers and featured in numerous commercials.
- She is also one of the prominent models who made several night-club promotions. Businessman George J. Maloof Jr. paid her to wear a dress made from $1 million in poker chips and attend the Palms Casino Resort opening in Las Vegas in November 2001.
- Her 2001 sex tape with her then-boyfriend, Rick Salomon was released in 2003. The scandal garnered her global attention.
- She rose to more international fame in 2003 when she starred in the Fox reality series, The Simple Life with socialite counterpart, Nicole Richie. The series ran for 5 years and garnered over 13 million viewers.
- She became one of the biggest stars in the industry by the early 2000s.
- Along with her growing fame in modeling and reality series, she pursued an acting career.
- She went on to star in numerous films and television series.
- She played an ill-fated character in the independent teen thriller Sweetie Pie (2000) and made a cameo appearance as herself in the comedy Zoolander (2001).
- In 2002, she appeared in Vincent Gallo’s “Honey Bunny” video.
- She continued to venture into screen acting, taking on roles in the films The Hillz and Raising Helen, and guest-starring in episodes of Las Vegas, George Lopez, The O.C., and Veronica Mars in 2004.
- She released an autobiography co-written by Merle Ginsberg, Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose.
- She hosted NBC’s Saturday Night Live in 2005.
- In 2003, an unauthorized four-minute video of Hilton began to circulate on the Internet, dubbed “One Night in Paris,” it featured Hilton engaging in intimate acts with then-boyfriend Rick Salomon.
- In 2005, she became a matter of public speculation. She grabbed many acting opportunities, including a small but significant role in the horror film House of Wax.
- Through her amazing hard work, she earned her the Teen Choice Award for Best Scream, as well as nominations for Choice Breakout and Best Frightened Performance at the MTV Movie Awards.
- She released her self-titled debut studio album, Paris in August 2006. The album reached number 6 on the Billboard 200 and her first single “Stars Are Blind” became a hit.
- In 2008 she appeared in movies like Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Hottie & the Nottie.
- And also she launched the MTV reality series entitled Paris Hilton’s My New BFF.
- She had her first voice-over role in the ABC made-for-television film The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation which was aired on 28th November 2010.
- She opened her third store in the Philippines, at the Abreeza Mall in Davao City on 12th May 2011.
- She then introduced a new line of sunglasses in Shanghai in 2012.
- She made her debut as a DJ at a Brazilian pop-music festival, attracting a great deal of controversy and negative responses from DJs Deadmau5, Samantha Ronson and Afrojack in June.
- She appeared in four episodes of the Danish version of Paradise Hotel in January 2013 and also appeared in two episodes of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
- She signed with Cash Money Records, appeared in the music video for Rich Gang’s song “Tapout”.
- She was a DJ at Amnesia’s weekly “Foam and Diamonds” parties on Ibiza in August 2013.
- She released the first single through Cash Money, “Good Time”, featuring rapper Lil Wayne.
- She became a resident DJ at Harrah’s Atlantic City’s “The Pool After Dark” in 2014.
- She teamed up with Lidl for a haircare collection and released her 20th fragrance, Gold Rush, followed by its male counterpart, Gold Rush for Men in 2016.
- She subsequently released Rose Rush, in 2017, and Platinum Rush, in 2018.
- She was described as “the centerpiece” of two projects about social media and various personalities’ online presence in 2018.
- She modeled again for The Blonds at NYFW, while Philipp Plein’s Plein Sport campaign; in which she appeared and was officially launched.
- She was awarded several Golden Raspberry Worst Actress awards.
- A YouTube documentary, This is Paris is set to release in September 2020. The documentary focuses on her personal and professional life.
Paris Hilton Dating History
Paris Hilton has never been married. She has a long list of men whom she has dated at some point. Her relationships with high-profile figures have always been the subject of gossip. It has drawn a large amount of media attention and public interest. She was first linked with Leonardo DeCaprio in 2000. She denied their affair rumors. She was then linked with actor Edward Furlong in 2000. Her sex tape scandal with her then-boyfriend, Rick Salomon drew excessive media attention. The tape was filmed in 2001 and released in 2003. She was engaged to fashion model Jason Shaw from 2002 to 2003.
In 2004, she briefly dated singer, Nick Carter. She then got engaged to Paris Latsis from mid-2005 until November 2005. She then dated Greek heir, Stavros Niarchos between 2005 and 2007. She dated Benji Madden in 2008. She dated Doug Reinhardt in 2010 and Las Vegas nightclub owner Cy Waits in 2011. Between 2012 and 2014, she dated a Spanish model, River Viiperi. She dated Thomas Gross between 2015 and 2016. She was engaged to actor Chris Zylka from January 2018 to November 2018.
At present, she is dating businessman Carter Reum. She was previously linked with Cristiano Ronaldo and Jack Whitehall as well.
She lives in Mulholland Estates, a gated community in Los Angeles, California. She also has a penthouse in Lower Manhattan, NYC.
She loves small dogs and has bought several pet dogs for millions. She frequently carried Tinkerbell (dubbed an “accessory dog”) at social events and functions. She had built a home with air conditioning, heating, and designer furniture for her pets that cost around $325,000.
As a socialite, she has been frequently involved in numerous charity events across the globe. She has donated in millions to several charities to date.
Paris Hilton Height
Hilton stands at a height of 1.73 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. She has a body weight of 121 lbs i.e. 55 kg. She has a slim body build. Her body measurements are 34-25-35 inches. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is brown. She dyes her hair blonde. Her bra size is 32B, dress size is 4 (US), and shoe size 11 (US). Her sexual orientation is straight.
Paris Hilton Net Worth
Paris Hilton is one of the familiar names in the entertainment industry. She achieved much success throughout the 2000s in the industry. Having started her career as a model, she later ventured her career into acting, singing, DJing, producing, and business. Though she is criticized to have earned fame due to her wealthy family background, she has certainly made her fortune from her business. She was one of the top models in the 2000s. Besides modeling, she has appeared in several films, television series, and documentaries. She has also ventured her career in singing.
She earned about US$2 million between 2003 and 2004, US$6.5 million between 2004 and 2005, and US$7 million between 2005 and 2006. In the coming years, she started making more money from her growing business. She started Djing in 2012 and was one of the highest-paid DJ in 2014. During her prime, she was one of the prolific clubs and event promoters. She was paid #300,000 for appearances in clubs and events. She is also a New York best-selling author.
Along with modeling, she started an eponymous brand which included 19 product lines, 50 boutiques worldwide, and a club resort. It is reported that her perfume line alone brought in over $3 billion in revenue. She makes over $10 million a year alone from her business ventures. Her business across the globe has brought in multiple-billions to date. Summing up all, she makes a decent and enough income out of her career. She lives a lavish lifestyle. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated at $300 million. She is also the heiress of the Hilton Hotels empire, founded by her grandfather, Conrad Hilton.