Park Shin-hye is a South Korean actress, model as well as a singer. She made her first film appearance in the romance drama film “Love Phobia” as Byeon-ja in 2006. She gained recognition for starring in the television dramas Stairway to Heaven (2003) and Tree of Heaven (2006). She further gained fame for her role as Go Mi-nam on the South Korean TV series “You’re Beautiful” (2009) and as Lee Gyu-won in the 2011 series “Heartstrings”. She later played lead roles in the TV dramas “The Heirs” (2013), “Pinocchio” (2014-2015), and “Doctor” (2016). She has also appeared in “Memories of the Alhambra” (2018-2019), “#Alive” (2020), and “Sisyphus: The Myth” (2021). She has contributed several singles for the music albums of her various TV series. Her first single was Love Rain, which was released as a part of Tree of Heaven OST. She nabbed the 33rd rank in the 2015 Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list. She also ranked 12th and 40th in 2017 and 40th in 2021. She was also the first-ever South Korean star to be selected as an endorser for Visa.
What is Park Shin-hye Famous For?
- Being a South Korean actress and singer.
- For her role of Choi In-ha in the South Korean romance and drama series, “Pinocchio”.
Who are the Parents of Park Shin-hye? Know About Her Birth Date, Nationality, and Education
Park Shin-hye was born on 18th February 1990. She is from Gwangju, South Korea. Her hometown is in Songpa District, Seoul where she spent her childhood. She was born to her mother, Jo Mi-sook, and her father, Park Hyun-jong. She also has a sibling; a brother named Park Shin-won who is a guitarist for the band ‘Tree Bicycle’. She is South Korean as per her nationality and she belongs to Asian-South-Korean ethnicity. Her race is White. Aquarius is her Zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion.
Focusing on her educational details, Park Shin-hye went to the Hak-Kang Elementary School in Gwangju. In the year 2009, she got enrolled at Chung-Ang University from where she graduated with a degree in Film and Theatre in February 2016. Furthermore, she also received a service award at the convocation ceremony for her achievement as an artist ambassador for the university. She also took formal training for dancing, singing, and acting.
Park Shin-hye Career Timeline
- Park Shin-hye firstly made her first appearance on the music video “Flower” by singer Lee Seung-hwan.
- She made her acting debut in a Korean drama series, “Stairway to Heaven” playing Han Jung-suh in the year 2003.
- She played supporting roles in several television series, most notably as a rebellious teenager in the drama special “Very Merry Christmas” in the year 2004.
- He has then cast in her first adult leading role in the South Korean-Japanese melodrama “Tree of Heaven” in the year 2006.
- Next, she made her film debut in the movie “Evil Twin” (2007), a summer horror flick where she portrayed two roles: one as the main character, and the other as the ghost of the main character’s sister, who haunts the other sister after her death.
- Furthermore, she played her first antagonist role in the romantic comedy series “Prince Hours”, a spin-off to “Princess Hours” (2006), and also, she starred in the weekend drama “Kimcheed Radish Cubes” as the female lead.
- From the year 2006 to 2007, she hosted the variety program “Fantastic Partner”.
- She came to huge fame after her starring as a cross-dressing heroine in the romance comedy music drama “You’re Beautiful”. Additionally, she released the songs “Lovely Day” and “Without Words” for the drama’s original soundtrack.
- Moreover, she also starred in the romantic comedy film “Cyrano Agency” in 2010.
- She then voiced the main character of the animation film “Green Days: Dinosaur and I”.
- Not only this but also she starred in MBC’s youth melodrama “Heartstrings” in the year 2011.
- She later signed an exclusive contract with the Japanese management agency IMX.
- She starred in her first Taiwanese drama entitled “Hayate The Combat Butler”.
- She was cast in the third season of the KBS drama special, “Don’t Worry, I’m a Ghost” in the year 2012.
- She joined the reality show “Music and Lyrics” and collaborated with singer Yoon Gun to compose the song “I Think of You”.
- She was cast in the third installment of tvN’s “Flower Boy” series entitled “My Cute Guys”.
- She next featured in the comedy-drama film, Miracle in Cell No. 7 in the year 2013.
- In addition, she starred in actor and singer So Ji-sub’s music video “Eraser” for his album “Two’clock… Playground”.
- She co-starred alongside Lee Min-ho in “The Heirs”.
- After that, she played the role of the Queen in the historical film “The Royal Tailor” in the year 2014 and also she starred in “Pinocchio”.
- She made her small-screen comeback in SBS’ medical drama “Doctors” in the year 2016.
- She featured in the comedy film “My Annoying Brother” as a judo coach and also she starred in the crime thriller film “Heart Blackened” in 2017.
- She became a cast member of the reality show “Little Cabin in the Woods” and also she starred in tvN’s fantasy suspense drama “Memories of the Alhambra” in 2018.
- She then starred in the disaster film “#Alive” in 2020 as well as she starred in the thriller film “The Call” in the same year.
Awards and Achievements
Park Shin-hye is an award-winning actress who has won 30 awards and has been nominated for 51 awards. Her winning awards list are:
- Won Baeksang Arts Awards in 2011 for her work in Cyrano Agencey
- Won Baeksang Arts Awards in 2013 for appearing in Miracle in Cell No. 7
- Won Baeksang Arts Awards in 2015 for her work in The Royal Tailor
- Won Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival for her work in Miracle in Cell No. 7 in 2013
- Won Korean Association of Film Critics Awards in 2013
- Won APAN Star Awards in 2014 for her work in The Heirs
- Won Asia Artist Awards in 2016 for her work in ‘Doctors’
- Won Asia Rainbow TV Awards in 2014 for The Heirs
- Won Baeksang Arts Awards in 2012, 2014, 2015
- Won China TV Drama Awards in 2013
- Won KBS Drama Awards in 2012 among others.
Park Shin-hye Boyfriend: Is Park Shin-hye Married?
Park Shin-hye is still an unmarried lady but she is going to be wife very soon. Currently, she is in a relationship and she is dating her handsome boyfriend namely Choi Tae-joon. On 7th March 2018, it was confirmed that Park had been in a relationship with actor Choi Tae-joon since late 2017. She started going out with actor Lee Jong-suk after they had grown close while working in the TV series, Pinocchio. On 23rd November 2021, it was announced that Park is pregnant and is preparing for marriage with Choi with a private wedding ceremony planned on January 22, 2022, in Seoul. Their bond is going stronger with the passage of time and they are leading a happy life without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Everything That You Need To Know About Choi Tae-joon
Previously, Park Shin-hye started dating Lee Min Ho in 2013. They went out for about a year before breaking up for unspecified reasons. After that, she revealed she once shared a close bond with actor and singer, Yong Jun-hyung.
Park Shin-hye and actor, Choi Tae Joon are getting married
Park Shin Hye and Choi Tae Joon are tying the knot and expecting a baby! The two actors started dating in late 2017 and went public with their relationship in March 2018. On November 23, their agencies SALT Entertainment and Santa Claus Entertainment announced that Park Shin Hye and Choi Tae Joon’s wedding will be held privately on January 22, 2022, in Seoul. SALT Entertainment also revealed that Park Shin Hye is pregnant. The two actors each wrote letters on their fan cafés to share the news. Here is Park Shin Hye’s letter: Hello. It’s Park Shin Hye. It’s getting colder these days. I’m curious if everyone’s doing healthy and well. A few days ago, I was cleaning my house and found my contract with my first agency 20 years ago. I was in the 6th grade of elementary school and became an actress in my second year of middle school. In the blink of an eye, 18 years have passed. I felt that time really flies. Many people were with me during my childhood, and it’s thanks to all of your love and support that I was able to grow into an actress who can show her various sides in several productions. Many times I was happy in front of the camera, but whenever I had a hard time, it was my fans who gave me great strength and courage. Each of your words of encouragement made me get back up and stand in front of the camera. So I’m very nervous to be sharing this news today, and on one hand, I’m worried that you might be very surprised by this sudden news. But I still wanted to tell all of you first. I am getting married to the person I have been in a relationship with for a long time. He has been a source of support for a long time and embraced all of the shortcomings of the person Park Shin Hye, and I would like to begin a life as a married couple with him. And though I am cautious to say this as it is very early on, I was blessed with a baby. I wanted to tell you before anyone else. I will show you a positive side after I start a family as well. Thank you for supporting my lacking self with your love. It will take some time, but I will work hard to return as a great actress soon so that you don’t have to wait too long. Please stay healthy until then, and I will close my letter here. Choi Tae Joon wrote the following letter: Hello. This is Choi Tae Joon. Thanks to all of you who have been supporting me for a long time, I’m living every day with gratitude. With a trembling heart, I am writing this post to share some news that I would like you to know first before anyone else. I’ve exchanged various emotions with and maintained a meaningful relationship with someone for a long time. She is like a savior to me who taught me without words to smile brightly when I’m happy and to cry out loud when I’m sad. Now, we would like to make our marriage vows and let this love that I’m grateful for bear fruit. And though I feel cautious saying this, we were blessed with a baby while preparing for the new chapter in our lives. You may have been surprised by the sudden news, but I wanted to let you know before anyone else, so I am conveying my heartfelt feelings through my incomplete writing. Now, I will show you my responsibility as a member of a family, and as actor Choi Tae Joon, I will greet you with acting that meets your expectations. Thank you for reading this long post. The weather has gotten chilly. Be healthy, everyone!
How much is Park Shin-hye Net Worth?
Park Shin-hye is an actress as well as a singer whose net worth is estimated to be $8 Million as of 2021. She has been reigning in the South Korean Entertainment industry since her first hit drama “Stairway To Heaven” in 2003. After then, she has appeared in many movies and shows. There is no information regarding her annual salary and career earnings. Her main source of wealth comes from an acting career whereas she is also earning a cool amount through her music career. She is living a standard lifestyle at present. She has also done endorsement deals. She become one of the most in-demand endorsers after her hit drama Pinocchio (2014-2015). She has then endorsed several international brands like Italian luxury brand Bruno Magli, French outdoor clothing brand Millet and Filipino clothing brand Bench as well as Mamonde and Bruno Magli. She is the first Korean star to be chosen as a model for “Visa” as well as the first Korean celebrity to be chosen as a global ambassador for Austrian jewelry brand Swarovski.
How tall is Park Shin-hye?
Park Shin-hye is a beautiful actress who stands tall at the perfect height of 5 feet 6.75 inches or 168 cm or 1.68 m. She has a slim body type. His balanced bodyweight is 52 KG. She has dark brown hair color and her eye color is brown. She has a well-maintained body measurement of 32-24-33 inches or 81-61-84 cm. Her bra size is 30B, her shoe size is 7.5 US and her dress size is 2 US. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality and glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him.