Paul Mescal is an Irish actor and stage artist. He is best known for his starring role of Connell Waldron in the psychological romantic drama miniseries “Normal People” (2020) earning a BAFTA TV Award as well as a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award. Paul was in a relationship with singer, Phoebe Bridgers.
Paul made his film debut with a supporting role in the psychological drama “The Lost Daughter” (2021). Since 2022, he has performed as Stanley Kowalski in a revival of the play A Streetcar Named Desire. He received praise for starring in the 2022 drama films “God’s Creatures” and “Aftersun”.
Who are Paul Mescal’s Parents?
Paul Mescal was born on 2nd February 1996 in Maynooth, County Kildare, Ireland. He is the oldest son of his mother, Dearbhla, and her father, Paul. His mother was a Garda officer while his father was a schoolteacher. He has a brother, Donnacha, and a sister, Nell. He is Irish by nationality and his ethnic background is Irish-White. He is 27 years old as of 2023.
Paul Mescal attended Maynooth Post Primary School. He was a minor and under-21 Gaelic football player for Kildare and a member of the Maynooth GAA club. Gaelic footballer Brian Lacey praised Mescal’s skills as a defender, while physical trainer Cian O’Neill described him as “mature beyond his years … very developed and very strong”. He gave up the sport after a jaw injury. He performed on stage for the first time at age 16, portraying the titular Phantom in the musical The Phantom of the Opera, after which he auditioned and gained admission to The Lir Academy at Trinity College Dublin. In 2017, he graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a Bachelor’s degree.
How was the career of Paul Mescal?
- Paul initially starred as the titular Jay Gatsby in “The Great Gatsby” at the Gate Theatre in Dublin. He then portrayed the Prince in a contemporary retelling of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Red Shoes”. Likewise, he appeared in the world premiere of the 2018 play “Asking for It” by Louise O’Neill at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.
- He made his London stage debut in The Plough and the Stars at the Lyric Hammersmith. Also, he starred in the Rough Magic Theatre Company’s productions of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and “A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man” for the Dublin Theatre Festival.
- He performed in the play “The Lieutenant of Inishmore” at Dublin’s Gaiety Theatre in 2020.
- He starred in his first television role in the drama miniseries “Normal People”. Next, he starred in Drifting, a short film, which was screened at the 2020 Galway Film Fleadh. He played a firefighter in the Channel 5 miniseries “The Deceived” as well as appeared in the music video for the song “Scarlet” by The Rolling Stones in August.
- He made his feature film debut with a supporting role in “The Lost Daughter” in 2021. Mescal starred as a man accused of sexual assault in the psychological drama “God’s Creatures” as well as a troubled young father in the drama “Aftersun”.
- Mescal starred in “Carmen” which was released in 2023. He began playing Stanley Kowalski in a revival of the play “A Streetcar Named Desire” by Tennessee Williams at the Almeida Theatre in December 2022.
- He will next star in “Foe”, an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Iain Reid, and in “Strangers”. He replaced Blake Jenner in the lead role of composer Franklin Shepard in Richard Linklater’s “Merrily We Roll Along”.
Who is Paul Mescal in a relationship?
Paul Mescal is currently single but he was in a relationship with his girlfriend, Phoebe Bridgers. Phoebe is an American singer by profession. The couple started dating in 2020. The couple confirmed their relationship in November 2021 by attending the 2021 LACMA Art + Film Gala together. In December 2022, it was reported that the couple had broken up. Paul Mescal is currently focusing on her career.
Everything To Know About Phoebe Bridgers
Paul Mescal is a biological father to no children. He does not have kids as of now. There are no past affairs and dating history with any lady.
How much is Paul Mescal’s net worth?
Paul Mescal is an actor who is renowned for his work on the Hulu and BBC series “Normal People.” His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry working in movies and TV series.
Paul has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million as of 2023. He is making his annual income in thousands of dollars from his professional career. He is living a lavish lifestyle at a moment and he is enjoying his present life a lot. He has been cast in a commercial for Denny, a sausage company.
How tall is Paul Mescal?
Paul Mescal is a handsome man with a charming smile. He has dark Brown hair color while he has a pair of blue sparkling eyes. He is a fitness freak and he has got a healthy body.
Paul Mescal stands at the height of 5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm while his body weight consists of 70 kg or 154.5 lbs. He suffered a jaw injury after which he quit football. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. He has a fair complexion with clean shaven beard.
Leave a Reply