Pharrell Williams is an established American producer, singer, and businessman who has become very important bot only in the American music industry but also the world over. Even though he began with just simple music, he has risen very fast and has taken a top spot in music. He hs now moved to movie production and acting as well. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Pharrell Williams known for?
- An American singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer, and entrepreneur.
When was Pharrell Williams born?
Recalling his early life, Pharrell was born in Virginia Beach, in the United States. His father’s name is Pharaoh while his mother’s name is Carolyn. They had three children, he is the oldest one. He is an American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Further, his birth sign is Aries.
For education, He attended Princess Anne High School and Kempsville High School. Later, he attended Northwestern University for two years before dropping out.
When did Pharrell Williams behind his music career?
- Moving towards his career, Pharell performed with Chad Hugo and the duo formed the record production team, The Neptunes. They successfully contributed to the works of several artists in the late 1990s as well as the 2000s. They became known for producing hit songs such as I Just Wanna Love U, by Jay Z, and I’m a Slave 4 U by Britney Spears.
- After a few more successful works, they released an album The Neptunes Present… Clones in 2003. The album stood at the first position on the US Billboard 200. It also received mostly positive reviews. The album included Frontin, His debut solo single, which peaked at the fifth position on the US Billboard Hot 100, as well as became the 34th best selling song in the country for the year.
- His debut studio album In My Mind was released in July 2006. It turned out to be quite successful. It debuted at the third position on the US Billboard 200. Even though several songs from the album had been leaked on the internet before its release, the album successfully sold over 142k copies within the first week.
- Throughout the next few years, he collaborated with several well-known singers, such as Shakira and Jennifer Lopez. He was credited as a co-writer and a producer for Lopez’s hit song Fresh Out the Oven.
- In 2010, he composed the soundtrack for the popular animated comedy movie Despicable Me. The following year, he collaborated with American singer Adam Lambert, with whom he co-wrote two tracks for Lambert’s second studio album Trespassing’. He also composed as well as produced the music for the 84th Academy Awards.
- In the year 2013, He composed the soundtrack for the animated film Despicable Me 2, which was the sequel to Despicable Me. His song Happy, which was written for the film, was a huge hit. Not only it stood at the first position on the US Billboard Hot 100, but the song also won an Oscar nomination. It also served as the lead single of his second album Girl.
- His second studio album, Girl was released in March 2014. Peaking at number one in 12 different countries, the album was a huge success. It sold 591k copies in the US within a year. It received mostly positive reviews from critics.
- The same year, He was also announced as the new coach of the popular TV singing competition The Voice. The next year, H was a co-composer of the soundtrack for the hit superhero movie The Amazing Spiderman 2.
- In 2016, he was a producer as well as a composer for the popular biographical drama film Hidden Figures. The film was a huge success and received an Oscar nomination.
- In March 2019, He and the city of Virginia Beach announced the launch of three-day music and cultural festival titled Something in the Water, to be held during College Beach Weekend, April 26–28, on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Who is Pharrell Williams’s wife?
Reflecting on his personal life, Pharrell got married to Helen Lasichanh on October 12th, 2013, whо wаѕ mоdеl and dеѕіgnеr. Іn 2008, hе hаd а ѕоn, Rосkеt Wіllіаmѕ. Іn Јоurnеу 2017, thе соuрlе wеlсоmеd trірlеtѕ whоѕе nаmе аrеn’t рublісаllу knоwn. Тhе fаmіlу lіvеѕ іn а luхurіоuѕ mаnѕіоn іn Lаurеl Саnуоn, Lоѕ Аngеlеѕ whісh Wіllіаm рurсhаѕеd іn 2015.
Рrеvіоuѕlу, ѕеvеrаl wоmеn lіkе Сhrіѕtіnа Аguіlеrа whо іѕ а ѕіngеr, Кеllіѕ іn 2001, Јdе Јаggеr аn Еnglіѕh dеѕіgnеr, Ѕосіаlіtе аnd а mоdеl, Vаѕtіе Коlа, Аmеrісаn dіrесtоr аnd а dеѕіgnеr, Аlеѕhа Dіхоn whо іѕ а ѕіngеr аnd а rарреr аnd Каrоlіnа Кurkоvа whо ѕеrvеd аt thе Vісtоrіа Ѕесrеt Аngеl, hаd аll bееn іn rоmаntіс rеlаtіоnѕhір wіth Wіllіаmѕ.
How rich is Pharrell Williams?
Being a musician and fashion designer, Pharrell earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the music industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $180 million at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Pharrell Williams?
Observing his body statistics, Pharrell stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 68 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. Further, he has a slim body and his chest, waist and biceps size are 40-32-14 inches.