Phillip Schofield is an English TV and radio presenter who is known for his long association with the British free-to-air TV network ITV. He, however, began his career with the channel BBC and its radio station. He later signed a contract with ITV. He hosted a lot of shows for both the networks before he became an ITV in-house presenter. His last BBC show was Test the Nation, and he then joined ITV and continued working for them for the rest of his career. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Phillip Schofield famous for?
- An English TV and radio presenter.
- His long association with the British free-to-air TV network ITV.
When was Phillip Schofield born?
Recalling his early life, Philip was born in Oldham, Lancashire and was raised in Newquay, Cornwall to Brian and Pat Schofield in the year 1962. He holds British citizenship and belongs to English ethnicity. Similarly, his birth sign is Virgo and has faith in Christianity. Further, he has a brother as well whose name is Tim Schofield.
For education, he attended Trenance Infant School. Then, he enrolled at Newquay Tretherras School further is education.
What does Philip Schofield do?
- Moving towards his career, Phillip began his career as the presenter of Shazam!, a New Zealand youth music TV program. He then worked for the Auckland-based station Radio Hauraki for 2 years.
- In 1985, He moved back to Britain and joined Children’s BBC as its first in-vision continuity presenter for Broom Cupboard. Two years later, he started presenting the BBC1 Saturday morning magazine show Going Live! and continued till April 1993.
- He presented the BBC Radio1 show of the same name and helped the station in promoting its transition from medium wave to full use of FM stereo in 1988.
- From 1988 to 1991, He hosted the pop-magazine award show Smash Hits Poll Winners Party. Around the same time, he turned to adult-oriented programs for ITV.
- He then presented shows such as Schofield’s Quest, Schofield’s TV Gold, and Ten Ball. He ventured into the theater in 1991, with the lead role of Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. He recorded a cover of Close Every Door for the musical, which released as a single through Polydor Records in December 1992.
- Moving back to hosting, He presented the ITV game show Talking Telephone Numbers from 1994 to 1997. He co-authored a book that was based on a 1996 show named One in a Million, which he had hosted. Following this, He portrayed the titular role in the musical Doctor Dolittle, staged at the Hammersmith Apollo in London. During 1998-1999, he went on a UK tour with the cast of the play.
- In the following decade, He presented a few shows for BBC, such as the National Lottery Winning Lines (for BBC One, between June 2001 and October 2004) and the quiz show Test the Nation (co-hosted from 2002 to 2006). Meanwhile, in 2002, he began co-hosting the ITV daytime show This Morning.
- In July 2006, He signed an exclusive 2-year contract with ITV, which ended his association with Test the Nation. John Barrowman briefly replaced Phillip in This Morning, as he went on a break due to his father’s death in May 2008.
- From 2006 until 2014, He co-hosted the ITV reality show Dancing on Ice. He returned to co-presenting the show in 2018 after the show resumed. Phillip hosted the primetime game show The Cube from 2009 to 2015 and simultaneously co-hosted A Night of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards with Amanda Holden until 2014.
- Between 2010 and 2015, He hosted several ITV shows and events such as The Comedy Annual (till 2011), the coverage of the Royal Wedding, and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
- In 2016, ITV reserved a primetime slot to showcase Phillip’s and his wife’s adventurous experience in South Africa. Titled Schofield’s South African Adventure, the short clip series was produced exclusively for This Morning. In March 2017, He started hosting ITV’s new game show, 5 Gold Rings.
- In late 2016, he launched his next social-media venture, a photo-messaging service on Snapchat, which eventually made him a popular face in a series of memes. The series later inspired a social-media cultural movement, informally known as the Schofwave. His Snapchat handle, phillipschofe, received the best ‘Snapchat’ story award in 2018.
- On 07th February 2020, He came out as gay via a statement posted on his Instagram story, followed up in an interview on This Morning, stating that “with the strength and support of my wife and my daughters, I have been coming to terms with the fact that I am gay”.
Who is Phillip Schofield married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Philip is married to Stephanie Lowe in the year 1993. The pair produced two children together; Ruby and Molly. The pair did not have such rumors of extra material affairs yet. Recently, he came out as gay via his Instagram.
How much is Phillip Schofield worth?
Being a TV presenter and personality, Philip earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $12 million at present. However, his salary is yet to be disclosed
What height is Philip Schofield?
Observing his body statistics, Philip stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs around 70 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of dark brown eyes and white hair color. Further, his shoe size is 8 (UK).