A famous French racing driver is named for Pierre Gasly who is competing in Formula One under the French flag, racing for Scuderia AlphaTauri at present. He began his racing career with kart races in 2006, at the age of 10. In 2010, he was the runner-up at the CIK-FIA European Championship, in the KF3 category. When he won the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 series in 2013, he was the youngest champion in that category at that time. He is also the 2016 GP2 Series champion and the runner-up in the 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 Series and the 2017 Super Formula Championship. At the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix, he made his Formula One debut with Toro Rosso. He took his maiden Formula One victory at the 2020 Italian Grand Prix while driving for AlphaTauri. His car number is 10 and he has raced for Infiniti Red Bull Racing (2015) (Test Driver), Red Bull Racing (2016-2017) (Test Driver), Scuderia Toro Rosso (2017), Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda (2018-2019), Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (2019), Scuderia AlphaTauri-Honda (2020-Present).
Pierre Gasly claims maiden F1 victory in topsy-turvy Italian Grand Prix
AlphaTauri driver Pierre Gasly claimed an unlikely F1 victory at the Italian Grand Prix after a thrilling race that saw six-time champion Lewis Hamilton given a 10-second penalty and both Ferraris fail to finish at their home circuit of many prior wins Sunday. This was his first win in Formula One. He finished 0.415 seconds ahead of McLaren driver Carlos Sainz and 3.358 ahead of Racing Point’s Lance Stroll on a surreal-looking podium. All three drivers had never won a race and each had only one top-three finish to their name. Whereas Hamilton appeared on course for a comfortable victory from pole position, but he was given the stop-go penalty for entering the pit lane when closed. He celebrated wildly with his team but then, after the trophy presentation, was seen sitting down on the top spot of the podium alone. He had a moment to reflect on his achievement, as he took a swig of champagne surrounded by ticker-tape.
- Being a French Racing Driver.
- Being the 2016 GP2 Series champion, and the runner-up in the 2014 Formula Renault 3.5 Series and the 2017 Super Formula Championship.
- For finishing the race in 2nd place after holding off Hamilton in a straight drag to the finish line at Chaotic Brazilian Grand Prix.
What is the Birthplace of Pierre Gasly?
On 7th February 1996, Pierre Gasly was born. His place of birth is in Rouen, France. With the nationality of French, he belongs to French-white ethnicity. His race color is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 24th birthday. Aquarius is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. He is currently residing in his birthplace. He was born to his parents; father, Jean-Jacques Gasly, and his mother. Information regarding his siblings and education is still a mystery as he has not revealed anything about it.
How was the Career of Pierre Gasly?
- Beginning the racing career with Karting, Pierre Gasly finished fifteenth in the French Minime Championship in the year 2006.
- In the year 2007, he finished fourth in the same.
- Following the year, he stepped up to the French Cadet Championship, and then he moved to the international scene in the year 2009.
- After a year, he moved into the KF3 category. There, he finished as runner-up in the CIK-FIA European Championship.
- Then, he made his debut in single-seaters in the year 2011 and took part in the French F4 Championship 1.6-litre category as well where he finished in the fourth position.
- He moved to the 2-liter Formula Renault machinery in 2012, joining R-Ace GP in the Formula Renault Eurocup where he finished in the tenth position.
- He moved to Tech 1 Racing in the year 2013 and held an eleven-point lead over Oliver Rowland into the final meeting at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.
- He jumped to Formula Renault 3.5 Series in the year 2014 and ended the season as runner-up to another Red Bull Junior Carlos Sainz Jr., collecting eight podiums in the seventeen races.
- He also made his GP2 Series debut in the year 2014 at the Monza circuit in support of the Italian Grand Prix.
- It was announced that he would switch to newcomers Prema Powerteam alongside the 2015 European Formula 3 runner-up and GP2 rookie Antonio Giovinazzi.
- He was also announced as a reserve driver for Red Bull Racing. It was in the month of September of the same year.
- After that, Toro Rosso announced that he would make his Formula One race debut at the Malaysian Grand Prix, replacing Daniil Kvyat. And he finished the Malaysian and Japanese Grands Prix outside the points.
- Toro Rosso confirmed Gasly and Hartley as their full-time drivers for the 2018 season on 16th November 2017.
- He qualified sixth but promoted to fifth after Lewis Hamilton’s penalty in the Bahrain Grand Prix.
- He finished the race in fourth place, earning his first points finish in Formula One.
- He ended the 2018 season in 15th place in the championship with 29 points staying forward than Hartley, his teammate.
- It was announced on 20th August 2018 that Gasly would drive for Red Bull for the 2019 season, partnering Max Verstappen.
- He recorded the fastest lap of the race in both China and Monaco.
- He finished fourth after Verstappen and Sebastian Vettel in front were involved in a collision at the British Grand Prix.
- Later, it was announced on 12th August 2019 that he would be demoted back to junior team Toro Rosso with Alexander Albon taking his place.
- With the team, he achieved five points finishes, including a 9th-place finish at his first race back at the team in Belgium.
- He finished the race in 2nd place after holding off Hamilton in a straight drag to the finish line at Chaotic Brazilian Grand Prix.
- On his cool-down lap, Gasly remarked over the radio: “This is the best day of my life”.
- After this, AlphaTauri (previously Toro Rosso) announced on 12th November 2019 stating that he would be retained alongside Kvyat for 2020.
- He won his first Formula One race in his career, becoming the first French driver to win a Formula One race since Olivier Panis’ victory at the 1996 Monaco Grand Prix and Gasly became the 109th different race winner in F1.
- 2016 GP2 Series
- 2013 Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Pierre Gasly?
Pierre Gasly is a famous formula racing driver who has earned a huge name and fame throughout his career. At a young age, he has made a huge amount of money. Surely, he will make lots of money in the future without any doubt. He is a very hardworking person and due to his dedication, he has reached this height of his career. The net worth of Pierre Gasly is estimated to have $2.5 Million as of 2020 and his annual salary is believed to have $2 Million at present. His major source of wealth come from his profession i.e racing driver. As of today, he is satisfied with whatever he is receiving.
Who is Pierre Gasly’s girlfriend?
Regarding the marital status of Pierre Gasly, he is not married yet as he is young to get married. But he is not single at present. He is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Caterina Masetti Zannini. The duo has been in a relationship since the year 2018 and till now, their affair is going smoothly without any problems. They support each other well and their bond is going stronger with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Pierre Gasly?
Pierre Gasly is a young and handsome racing driver with an athletic body build. He stands tall at the height of 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm with a bodyweight of 70 Kg or 154.5 lbs. His hair color is light brown and his eye color is light green. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.